got stopped last night - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-16-2008, 06:05 AM
A.Jay
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10 A.Jay has a spectacular aura aboutA.Jay has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 4,062.49
Total Points: 18,078.81
Default got stopped last night

alright guys i had my first fite last night and unfortunately the ref stopped it in the 2nd round. i wasn't really hurt but i was getting hit with silly shots and wasnt really getting anything back so i cant blame him for stopping it. i came out in the first a bit to eager i ran out to try and take the center of the ring and forgot all about my footwork he got me with a straight right over my jab and fell on my arse. I feel really pissed off at myself for losing cause ive trained real hard for this and come a long way but at the same time im pleased i can say ive been in the ring. All my trainers said im a better boxer than him i just wasnt there i know there gonna be biased but i know i could have done a lot better than i did. Ive got another chance to fight next weekend and then another chance 2 weeks after that my qeustion is should i go for the fight next weekend or should i take some time to go back to the drawing board.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Salty
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Salty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,985,657.32
Total Points: 1,998,582.13
ssssssssssssalty - mgkirkpatrick Have another one of these. - Team Mundine Merry Christmas - msagrain 

Talk it over with your trainer mate, no one is going to be able to tell you on an online forum what to do. Unlucky with the result, but just think about what you have learnt because of it. Personally I'd take the fights while you can get them, it's all a learning curve, the more fights you get the better you are going to be.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:30 PM
A.Jay
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 10 A.Jay has a spectacular aura aboutA.Jay has a spectacular aura about

yeah thats what i thought i'll probably just go done as a spare and fight if theres anyone for me i'm feeling a bit disheartend with it all at the moment but thats just life i geuss i'll have to get over it and study the vid
Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 PM
slickwalt210
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 11 slickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond reputeslickwalt210 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,177.69
Default don't fight yet....

if you got stopped in your last fight, you should wait at least 30 days before you do any sparring and least of all fighting. I lost my first fight and went on to compile a 98-21 record as an amatuer, so keep fighting. one thing you must remember is to relax and think of fighting as sparring. boxing takes focus, relaxation and confidence. the more fights you get the better you will be. young fighters get caught up in the excitement of the moment and forget everything they did in training. the more you fight, you will get more comfortable in the ring.
keep punching my friend !!!!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:53 PM
The_One77
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 194,245.50
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney 

No such thing as failure, only results
Old 11-17-2008, 12:09 PM
A.Jay
Up and Comer

cheers for the advice im going to have a chat with my trainer tonight about it. if i had to go back and do it all again i would've tryed to have stayed calmer and not get myself so hyped but still its easy to say that with hindsight
Old 11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
!! Shawn
!! Shown

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Rep Power: 48 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,836,840,940,623.83
Total Points: 40,900,244,842,079.73
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Jay View Post
alright guys i had my first fite last night and unfortunately the ref stopped it in the 2nd round. i wasn't really hurt but i was getting hit with silly shots and wasnt really getting anything back so i cant blame him for stopping it. i came out in the first a bit to eager i ran out to try and take the center of the ring and forgot all about my footwork he got me with a straight right over my jab and fell on my arse. I feel really pissed off at myself for losing cause ive trained real hard for this and come a long way but at the same time im pleased i can say ive been in the ring. All my trainers said im a better boxer than him i just wasnt there i know there gonna be biased but i know i could have done a lot better than i did. Ive got another chance to fight next weekend and then another chance 2 weeks after that my qeustion is should i go for the fight next weekend or should i take some time to go back to the drawing board.
It depends on how you feel. If you are having confidence issues, I would skip the fight. It sounds to me like you got caught up in the moment. Don't worry, its happened to everyone. Just work on staying calm and relaxed. It will come to you.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:05 PM
JulioCesaChavez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,672.48
Total Points: 49,379.25
2 start you off.. - The Gully Gad Here's an early Holiday present bro... - The Scientist No Message - woftam Stuff this up your butt you homosexual French towelhead. Mohammed would not approve of your flashy ways. Buy bombs not 1k Boss jackets. Kill the infidel! - Mizzou HERE YOU GO - ??? 
big up - siablo14 

Shawn posted on this thread because he is next.

I would adivise you to not ***** out and go for it. It'll either make a man of you or it won't! You won't find out if you are a fighter by *****ing out. Give it your best shot. Alot of stoppages in the am's are highly precautionary. Unless you went down like Amir Khan I think you should keep sparring and keep fighting
Old 11-18-2008, 08:10 AM
A.Jay
Up and Comer

cheerz for the advice but i found out im not allowed to fight for 28 days so i will be looking for my next fight in january as our club breaks up for christmas. Ive watched the video a couple of times and i just look really tense and to slow. It ****s me off cause i care about boxing so much but i geuss i should just learn from it put it behind me and try and do better in my next fight
Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Juof
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19 Juof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,509,558,564,834,597.50
Total Points: 3,511,258,915,074,139.50
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
here bro! I'll start off your next row. - jose830 you only need 3 more now to complete your gifts. I got you. - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 

I Lost My First Fight Last Week I Was Doing Ok I Guess But In The Second Round I Got Caught With A Power Shot And I Was Dizzy I Thought I Was Gonna Get Koed But I Lasted

Share This With Friends

Tags
night, stopped

User Tag List