Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Craig D
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 Craig D will become famous soon enoughCraig D will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,970.66
Default My 1st Attempt At Writing Stand Up Comedy

I really want advice on how I can improve this. I'm 17 but that doesn't mean I want you to go easy on me, be as brutal as you like when commenting on it.

I'd rather constructive criticism than just criticism but I know how forums work, people like to give smart answers. Hell I know I do.

Anyway on with it:

Well, this is my first time. I remember my other "first time" I was drunk, what was her excuse?

Well this is basically going to be a nice long rant about things that annoy me, because trust me there are a lot of things that annoy me.

So Iíll start with adverts (commercials). Adverts, half the time I don't have a clue what the **** their selling. It can show an ocean with white sandy beaches, and then cut to a mobile/cell phone. I mean what the **** is the relation?

I hate phones their too complicated, my newish phone has all sorts of cool features which enables it to do many amazing things. You have to know what youíre doing to make it do those amazing things though. And I've heard if youíre really good, you can even make phone calls. Oh but an amazing feature is that you can store and play lots of music on it, yeah I can do that on something else thanks, called an ipod.

Thatís something else I hate. Loud music being played by other passengers with their phones on buses. I don't want to hear your **** music thanks very much. What do you think the purpose of earphones is? Have you got them? Then ****ing use them!
I wouldn't mind if it was something I liked, but it's all of this hip hop, Lil Wayne, Lil Wayne? Any artist with Lil in his name is automatically ****; it's a fact of life.

"She, she lick me. Like a lollipop. She, she lick me. Like a lollipop"

Wow, what lyrical genius, do you think that all the good bands like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin, said something like this? "In the future there are going to be artists like Lil Wayne we just can't compete with that genius. Our days as musicians are over"

And then when you ask politely for them to turn if off or at the least down, you get spoken to in what may as well be foreign. "Aye o I tell ya one time, I hope I ain't be tellin' ya like a fazzand times, cos my mate is a bansa and he'll dead ya son. Gawn get facked" His mate is laughing hysterically you can just make out ďYou is a ice cold killa mayneĒ

There were so many of those white middle class rapper wannabes at my old school, I canít say ď*****Ē because itís not politically correct. I thought I was rid of them but I still see the breed on buses. ****ers. Remember at school there were always kids who gave the smartarse answers? That was me, at my school. When you haven't done your homework the obvious thing is to say you did it, and left your book at home because you were rushing in the morning. Well thatís what I did.
"My book is in my house miss, sorry" answer came "Well whatís it doing in your house?" to which I replied. "Well I can't tell at the moment, but I'm sure it's not doing anything, just lying on the table"

A stupid saying that I love is "Take a seatĒ. Take a seat where? I'm not taking it anywhere. Why don't you say sit down, it'll save all the confusion? It must be a screening device I think. Someone applies for a job, they get told to take a seat, if they say something along the lines of "Take it where? They don't get the job.

But employers are just as bad, I applied for a part time job while I was still at school, had to hand in an application form the next day. The same woman that gave me the form the day before asked "Is it filled in?" Well yes I'm not going to hand in a blank application form, I don't want the job but I donít not want it that badly.

But I shouldn't have a go at old people, because thereís nothing like sitting talk to a sweet old lady having a grumble about the buses. "Their never on time, either early or late, people like me struggle to do our shopping as it is, they need to get their fingers out of their ****ing arseholes"

They do have a point though, people just like making life difficult for eacohther. The simple task of going to the shop irritates me at times. I put a load of shopping on the counter, I get stared at for about ten ****ing seconds before they actually do anything, do I do that when I'm giving you your money? Do I wait for ten seconds before putting the money into your out - stretched ****ing hand? Maybe I should next time.
And then they go do you want a bag? When the counter is full. No it's ok; I'll just juggle my shopping down the ****ing street. And then they just put the bag on the counter and watch you pack. Um no thatís your ****ing job mate. People just want to irritate one another I think.

Sales persons are the stupidest creatures to walk this earth. I remember a few years ago. A salesperson knocked the door and asked me if I was the homeowner. Yes, I'm the 16 year old homeowner, still in his school ****ing uniform!

Some people. Absolute idiots.

Thank you for your patience if you read it all (I know it was a bit long)

So what does everyone think? Honestly.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:26 AM
WhoreUs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 WhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 256,301.05
Total Points: 370,767.67

very funny.

i'd stick to one subject a bit longer though.

you have to get into a subject more. if you can have more than 1-2 punch lines in a subject it's better. might want to set it up more.

you don't really want to jump from topic to topic every 30 seconds. stick to one topic for a bit. the more jokes you try to make about ONE topic , the better they get and you can pick the good ones.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
YUHHHHHHH!
Banned

Rep Power: 0 YUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,830.95
Here you go Gorilla. Lay off the roids. - Mizzou cunt - Mizzou slut - Mizzou T-1000 - Mizzou Meatball - Mizzou 
Dis ni99a done got iced out! - Mizzou Let's drink to Lela Star!!!!  She's a fukkin hottie.! - ABOSWORTH 

Pretty funny brah. Depends on the tone of your voice, but keep material like that coming and you'll be famous in no time.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
-CANE-
BPP is Reenos *****

Rep Power: 39 -CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,329,512.80
Total Points: 1,647,122.56
No Message - col Blake congrats on 3k darl - OldSkool I like my man with a little meat on his bones. - RiZOOM Considering you're a yid, you seem sweet as. Here's a Jewish beer. - Chunk Get it down yer, congrats and good luck on the baby. - Jamboboy 
thx - MILE KITIC Because you are the fucking man!!!!! - abosworth 4,000 awesome posts. - The_Bringer 4000 fucking brilliant posts - Tuggers1986 To one of the greatest pwners of all time. Have a brew with your boy, Pea. - 917-30 
For das pwn.... - 917-30 Right back at ya bro. Fire up the PS3 and break out the booze. - The_Bringer cheers you mother lol - Terrible... good to be back man! - Hawkins P4P Pwn King - TRAVI$ 
Childhood Cancer - mangler 

Not bad, some of it made me chuckle.

Agree with some of what Mr. Pink said, but it's okay to switch subject if it flows nicely, like where you talking about phones and then playing music on them, that flowed nicely into your next little rant about people playing it too loudly on buses.

Keep at it, you will learn yourself what mistakes you are making and improve the more you do it.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Craig D
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 Craig D will become famous soon enoughCraig D will become famous soon enough

Ok seeing as people don't think it's that terrible I'm going to come clean. I posted this under an alt. My regular username is D_Hook. Bet you didn't see that coming Hurricane did ya eh?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Iamnotausername
Banned

Rep Power: 13 Iamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 832,583.54
Total Points: 964,859.78
1k - Mile Kitic a beer to DnB - Dubstep Demon 

Pretty good, Just with practise you'll be able to separate the wheat from the chaff, so all the lines are killer!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Craig D
Amateur

I put this on an actual comedy script forum. The fat yanks tore it apart. Pricks. Like they know whats funny.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:46 AM
-CANE-
BPP is Reenos *****

Rep Power: 39 -CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute-CANE- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,329,512.80
Total Points: 1,647,122.56
No Message - col Blake congrats on 3k darl - OldSkool I like my man with a little meat on his bones. - RiZOOM Considering you're a yid, you seem sweet as. Here's a Jewish beer. - Chunk Get it down yer, congrats and good luck on the baby. - Jamboboy 
thx - MILE KITIC Because you are the fucking man!!!!! - abosworth 4,000 awesome posts. - The_Bringer 4000 fucking brilliant posts - Tuggers1986 To one of the greatest pwners of all time. Have a brew with your boy, Pea. - 917-30 
For das pwn.... - 917-30 Right back at ya bro. Fire up the PS3 and break out the booze. - The_Bringer cheers you mother lol - Terrible... good to be back man! - Hawkins P4P Pwn King - TRAVI$ 
Childhood Cancer - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig D View Post
Ok seeing as people don't think it's that terrible I'm going to come clean. I posted this under an alt. My regular username is D_Hook. Bet you didn't see that coming Hurricane did ya eh?
I suspected an ALT being as it was only your 2nd post. Why come on a boxing forum for advice on comedy writing.

But I never suspected you Hook, nice one mate seriously keep it up if it's something you are serious about.

I wouldn't see a bus if it were coming straight at me at the moment. Got wrecked beyond belief last night at my grandads funeral. 14 hour drinking binge and I'm still pissed now.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Oasis_Lad
Banned

Rep Power: 21591 Oasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,839,491,427.51
Total Points: 21,000,110,839,518,676.00
a cake for one of those big titted girls to jum out of. - JAB5239 I know your fimiliar with this, boy - Mucus Apple - Ŗreakbeat Vaniity - Spray_resistant much love - -Jack- 
No Message - -veteran420- merry xmas - Subtraction beer for you buddy - -pound4pound- welcome back... - BritishBoxing92 Merry Christmas - Flab 
Happy new year! - Toney Loc Fancy a bum? - Tuggers1986 Some of those gifs you be posting are funny ass hell, except the guy initiating the other one in triggs group :rofl: - jose830 Make yourself look pretty, I want to see lipstick around my cock - Master Cvnt GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner 
legendary poster!! - PaulieGualtieri I be loving them gifs you post :fing02: - jose830 Miguel Cotto Gifs :wank: - jose830 some popcorn for the gif king - E.P.T. Happy holidays, Lad! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - shobox Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖO Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - PensionKiller Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S a m u r a i 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - INSECT Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Ether 

Bash homosexuals and jews and no fart gags?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:51 AM
TRAVI$
Banned

Rep Power: 0 TRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAVI$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 502,421.29
Total Points: 673,931.53
You're worth it! - RiZOOM well done on the test my friend - col Blake Congrats - Roocky Congrats on the test, As it's hot have an ice cream. - hurricane72 Simao Out!! Nani In!! - jarulejt 
Welcome back - T-97 3K posts - T-97 Drink up son!. - RED ARMY 27 days.....LMAOOO - Shin Akuma mickeyb > travi$ - Left Hook Tua 
Happy Zombie Jesus Day! - RiZО You earned it, lol. - Gift Of Gab Hello, I'm gonna kill you in your sleep. - I Eat Cum comin straight from the underground! - Spare Moody Eat my cake! - Chunk 
Eat all of it! - Chunk Eat my Fucking cake god damn it!!! - Chunk You know why - D.I.E.S.E.L Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Chelsea FTW, my nigguh! - mangler jr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - OASIS_LAD Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink 

Good stuff Hook, you seem to have a mature sense of humour for a 17 year old.