No announcement yet.

Best Boxing Equipment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boxing Equipment

I'm about to become 14 years old and I'm a wrestler. Now I've been getting into boxing and I want to train right at home for right now untill next year. I have a sporting goods store nearby and I dont know what to buy and how to train. They have speed bags and heavy bags, varieties of gloves, and i dont know what to get for my age and i also want to lose like 20-25 lbs. so i dont know what would be good and if i get a heavy bag how much weight it should be I would appreciate the help!

don't train yourself, get to a gym. if you can't get to a gym just try to get yourself into as good of shape as possible.

Comment

Yes, get yourself into a gym. you'll be glad you did later on. but if your looking to buy some gear to get started, get yourself some handwraps, and some bag gloves. and since your a wrestler, take your wrestling shoes with you too. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by chiboxer23 View Post
        I'm about to become 14 years old and I'm a wrestler. Now I've been getting into boxing and I want to train right at home for right now untill next year. I have a sporting goods store nearby and I dont know what to buy and how to train. They have speed bags and heavy bags, varieties of gloves, and i dont know what to get for my age and i also want to lose like 20-25 lbs. so i dont know what would be good and if i get a heavy bag how much weight it should be I would appreciate the help!
        ite lil man, ill break it down for you, as you dont wanna/cant go to a gym:

lose 20-25ibs?-Run, running is great at improoving fitness and getting down weight. aswell as your boxing training you will lose weight.

NOTE: you are still very young and you should not diet to an extreme, try and lay off fast food, and sweet things like cakes(i kno its hard, but set yourself a cheat day if you want)

as for training, look up on youtube man, most boxers have vids of themselves training on youtube, for example you can type in "roy jones training" "mike tyson training" etc etc and there will be good vids up of them and try and copy them as much as possible.

also as you cant get down the gym, try and study some boxing, try studying different fighters like kid galivan did(he didnt even have a proper trainer originally and just watched tapes of old fighters), watching tapes of other greats is a neccesity, ive been doing boxing for 5 years, and i still study tapes. try and watch their foot movement, their technique, strageties, style etc etc.

as for what bags, i would start off maybe having a punchbag, but if money is not an option get a load of dif typs of bags, punchbag, floor to ceiling, speed bag etc etc.

as for typs of gloves, you wont be sparring so no need to buy heavy sparring gloves, but whatever gloves is up to you, if you dont wanna cause damage to nice gloves, i suggest getting bag mitts, these will also better your technique as its easier to see if your punching properly.

but you should look for a gym, anyways hope ive helped.

Comment

Working...
        X