Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: End the Fed?
Yes 9 75.00%
No 3 25.00%
Uncertain 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2008, 11:07 PM
FatNJerseykid
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond reputeFatNJerseykid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,605.10
Total Points: 42,913.55

Yes, America is printing out too much money. They are devalueing the dollar which makes the purchasing power weaker. Ordinary people are suffering because they cannot buy as much as before. The fed reserve is a cause of inflation.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:35 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 212 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.97
Total Points: 2,140,326,018,442.87
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

A return to the gold standard? The republicans lost the election, now they've lost the plot completely.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 AM
BmoreBrawler
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 BmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 148,040.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
A return to the gold standard? The republicans lost the election, now they've lost the plot completely.
I'm sorry, is it not "progressive" enough for you? Any anyway, if you think that Republicans are talking about a return to the gold standard you must not follow much news.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Easy-E
Gotta want it

Rep Power: 20824 Easy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,652,227,944.97
Total Points: 19,678,449,650.68
How about them Celtics? - Bendigo Cool Cat - !! AI-Holmes!! you need more gifts - Pico Hollywood Easy-money.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For speakin the truth homey - mangler 
We Gettin Money YEP we ballin YEP we Ballin YEP I said we Ballin YEP - Kevin Jesus fucck you, pay me - Loccy here's for you bro - Talisayen chea. easy-e wuz da shit! - Tha Executioner Have a drink on me bro - led 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carnivore Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! 

I think that disbanding the Reserve would only create more problems to our already troubled economy.
Investing in domestic causes will help the economy return to form, not disbanding the orginization that can stabilize the economy.

I do agree with the notion that our banking system is flawed, and our country is run on fake money and lines of credit that are in a sense, imaginary.

If you have alternatives to the reserve I would like to hear what they are...
Old 11-09-2008, 04:31 PM
BmoreBrawler
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 BmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-E View Post
I think that disbanding the Reserve would only create more problems to our already troubled economy.
Investing in domestic causes will help the economy return to form, not disbanding the orginization that can stabilize the economy.

I do agree with the notion that our banking system is flawed, and our country is run on fake money and lines of credit that are in a sense, imaginary.

If you have alternatives to the reserve I would like to hear what they are...
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to put the paper US Dollar on a legislated 2-3% growth through the treasury without a Fed, but at the same remove legal tender laws so that the people can use Gold or Silver if they wish.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Prostitroop
User Friendly

Rep Power: 28 Prostitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 261,787,353.65
Total Points: 262,216,154.08
Have a cookie. - ABOSWORTH Bag of Fun Threads R Classic. - Libido Sanchez 

BRING BACK THE GOLD STANDARD GOD DAMMIT!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Ta Khent
Esoteric Enigma

Rep Power: 18 Ta Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,866,259,701.79
Total Points: 24,866,371,814.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
...and the Dollar return to some sort of commodity backing(like gold or silver or a basket of goods)?

Not only the Federal Reserve, but the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. It'll never happen though. Where else would the US get the cash to imperialize other countries? Let's face it, money is the biggest weapon of mass destruction there is. No war can be fought without money and the private owners of these institutions make massive amounts of money because of it.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Salty
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Salty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,985,657.32
Total Points: 1,995,685.13
ssssssssssssalty - mgkirkpatrick Have another one of these. - Team Mundine Merry Christmas - msagrain 

The fed reserve doesn't even post an inflation target, it's one of the least transparent and most ambiguous treasury in developed nations. This is not a good thing for the most powerful economy in the world. The fed reserve created this crisis by keeping the cash rate so low while the economy was booming. Mortgage lenders would not have had to lend the quantity they did if the cash rates were increased. They need to change something as right now it is not working.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Easy-E
Gotta want it

Rep Power: 20824 Easy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,652,227,944.97
Total Points: 19,678,449,650.68
How about them Celtics? - Bendigo Cool Cat - !! AI-Holmes!! you need more gifts - Pico Hollywood Easy-money.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For speakin the truth homey - mangler 
We Gettin Money YEP we ballin YEP we Ballin YEP I said we Ballin YEP - Kevin Jesus fucck you, pay me - Loccy here's for you bro - Talisayen chea. easy-e wuz da shit! - Tha Executioner Have a drink on me bro - led 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carnivore Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to put the paper US Dollar on a legislated 2-3% growth through the treasury without a Fed, but at the same remove legal tender laws so that the people can use Gold or Silver if they wish.
Is this Libertarian thinking from you?
That would complicate an already complicated situation.
Can you gurantee the growth by using the treasury without Federal influence?
We have seen how the free market without regulation cannot be relied on in through the recent economic crisis.
This propsal would send disaray through financial markets.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:05 AM
BmoreBrawler
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-E View Post
Is this Libertarian thinking from you?

Absolutely

That would complicate an already complicated situation.

Can you gurantee the growth by using the treasury without Federal influence?

Milton Friedman seemed to think so.

We have seen how the free market without regulation cannot be relied on in through the recent economic crisis.

The crisis was caused by the Fed in 2001 lowering interest rates to 1%. It is mainstream opinion these days. Even Jeffrey Sachs is on board.

This propsal would send disaray through financial markets.

Compared to the disarray we have had since 1913?
I understand your caution, but I have done considerable study of the issue and I really can't justify the Fed's existence even if I try.

Rather than addressing the problem by patching holes with more regulation and more bailouts, why not just drag this ship onto dry land?

Last edited by BmoreBrawler; 11-10-2008 at 01:47 AM..