Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,762,182.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

it was clearly a robbery, I dont question that at all. but some people go overboard and act like Chavez got a boxing lesson for 12 rounds straight. which is not the case at all, because Chavez was landing his fair share of right hands and body shots as well.

Im glad so many people seem to agree with the score of around 116-112.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-03-2008, 02:06 PM
El Dominicano
Banned

Bank: 1.04
Total Points: 178,984.87
a toast. to the death of the coalition. lol - Left Hook Tua Drink Some presidente - Pico Hollywood U called it, here's ur Chela! - Puas tua says up yours...... - Left Hook Tua lol - Left Hook Tua 
Thx Bro! - Joshua Clottey Top Dawg - Welter_Skelter salud!! - el guason456 Thats real. - El Gallo Negro! i've been here. i log on everyday at work. you haven't been here! lol - Left Hook Tua 
BS Retard of the Month Award. - Jim Jeffries This is long over due - Massage Queen yep fukk em - larryx guzman is done. - Left Hook Tua kEEP GOING hARD on these Sucka's lol - Horus 
Cause you Da Man! - Gift Of Gab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
I've seen much worse than this (especially since it was a draw) but...that was a robbery. 8-4 clearly IMO.

Chavez had a good first two rounds but, after that, you could hear a pin drop in that arena for the next eight. Whitaker did a number on him. Considering the magnitude of the fight, the crowd reaction and even Chavez himself (initially), they all knew who won the fight. That makes it a robbery.
Then JCC had the nerve to think he won but whatever so do alot of fighters who lose.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Tony Jones
Contender

Rep Power: 7 Tony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond reputeTony Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,031.23
Total Points: 40,024.26

I thought it was an aweful decision. Chavez was schooled as far as i was concerned.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:14 PM
IMDAZED
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 79 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,660,452,965,406.33
Total Points: 24,663,618,421,517.73
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post
it was clearly a robbery, I dont question that at all. but some people go overboard and act like Chavez got a boxing lesson for 12 rounds straight. which is not the case at all, because Chavez was landing his fair share of right hands and body shots as well.

Agreed - in fact, after the first couple rounds, it looked like Whitaker might be on his way to getting his arse kicked.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:35 PM
tredh
Undisputed Champion

Location: a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!
Rep Power: 19 tredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,886,194,749.49
Total Points: 8,886,203,531.78
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil TO THE U!! - the mesiah 

Actually 8-4 or 116-112 is getting schooled. Mind you a fighter can have a good showing and not get totally outclassed. If a fight is scored 8-rds to 4-rds one fighter got doudbled up in rounds won and **** don't look good. Of course like most have said it was a very clear win for Whitaker but at times in that fight he was schooling Chavez and at no point in that fight did Chavez school Whitaker IMO.

I feel people call it the worst robbery ever because of the magnitude of the fight like someone said earlier. You have to understand that was a fight between the #1 and #2 P4P fighters at the time. When you have a clear winner in fight like that but it is declared a draw you would get people calling it biggest robbery ever. The sports illustrated cover was perfect IMO. Whitaker was robbed of his well earned win. Biggest robbery ever no but biggest robbery in one of the biggest fights ever yes.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,762,182.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredh View Post
Actually 8-4 or 116-112 is getting schooled. Mind you a fighter can have a good showing and not get totally outclassed. If a fight is scored 8-rds to 4-rds one fighter got doudbled up in rounds won and **** don't look good. Of course like most have said it was a very clear win for Whitaker but at times in that fight he was schooling Chavez and at no point in that fight did Chavez school Whitaker IMO.

I feel people call it the worst robbery ever because of the magnitude of the fight like someone said earlier. You have to understand that was a fight between the #1 and #2 P4P fighters at the time. When you have a clear winner in fight like that but it is declared a draw you would get people calling it biggest robbery ever. The sports illustrated cover was perfect IMO. Whitaker was robbed of his well earned win. Biggest robbery ever no but biggest robbery in one of the biggest fights ever yes.
116-112=schooled? are you kidding me? guess that means that Pernell was 'schooled' by Trinidad, since he lost by more than 116-112.

it amazes me that a score of 115-113 can be considered a very close fight, while a score of 116-112 means that a fighter got schooled, even though theres only a one round difference between the two scores. that makes sense, right?

what a joke.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 34 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,259,639,550.99
Total Points: 3,269,756,812.11
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

I would not call it a schooling. 8 rounds to 4 is a pretty competitive fight and as Irish said only two of Pernell's rounds were one-sided blow-outs.

Put it this way, if this was a schooling then over 50% of fights are also.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 PM
oldgringo
Ellis

Rep Power: 21529 oldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 771,400.12
Kobe Stopper! Kobe Stopper! - MizzzouMan For the favorite fighter thread. I knew I liked you for a reason....LMAO - sweet pea 50 dilla donuts! - el guason456 For that laker clip. Christ ,my sides hurt.... LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma One of my favorite tracks to rip. - El Gallo Negro! 
HAVE SOME OF DEM BEEENIE BEEBE?!? - Sweet Pea 50 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler jr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post

It's considered a huge robbery because it was such a high profile fight. Few people will remember Rabah/Urango or Augustus/Burton because of the fighters involved.

Whitaker and Chavez were the two best/biggest/whathaveyou fighters in the sport and Whitaker was clearly given a BAD decision. Say what you'd like but a guy clearly winning 8 rounds and then seeing a draw is a BAD robbery. If Mayweather was given a draw against Oscar it would have been a bad robbery.

Your point about it not being a shutout is correct. First few times I scored it I believe I gave Chavez 3...4 rounds at best.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Thread Stealer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 Thread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,021,348.92
Most knowledgeable poster on NSB - BatTheMan Boxing Guru - DWiens421 4k posts. Keep up the great work! - danc1984 To an excellent poster - JAB5239 No Message - Old Coward 
you're the man - Dambala For being a great poster - -IronMike- 

Whitaker won 8-4 on my card, but I've seen much worse robberies. Lewis-Holyfield 1 and Escalera-Everett to name a couple of decision robberies.

Coggi-Gonzalez I takes out all the decision robberies, though. That's the most ridiclous robbery ever.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Thread Stealer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 Thread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,021,348.92
Most knowledgeable poster on NSB - BatTheMan Boxing Guru - DWiens421 4k posts. Keep up the great work! - danc1984 To an excellent poster - JAB5239 No Message - Old Coward 
you're the man - Dambala For being a great poster - -IronMike- 

Whitaker won his rounds more clearly than Chavez did. Chavez's rounds were closer.

So although you can say it was 8-4 in terms of rounds, it seemed more one sided than a lot of other 8-4 type decisions because the rounds Chavez won were closer.