Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,821,119.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 
Default People must be blind when it comes to Chavez vs. Whitaker

and not just the judges. Ive heard people scream about how this fight was the 'worst robbery of all time' and how Whitaker 'schooled' Chavez, which are both huge exaggerations.

yes, Whitaker obviously deserved to win. lets get that out of the way. but if you havent seen a worse robbery before, than you havent watched much boxing. quite honestly, you could make a case for Chavez winning rounds 1,2,5,6,9, and 12. now, to give him all these rounds is really questionable, to say the least...I ended up giving him rounds 1,2,9 and 12, with round 6 being even(or 116-113 Whitaker)...having rewatched the fight last night. It was pretty much the same score as the last time I watched it.

in no way was Chavez schooled. rounds 7 and 8? ok yea, those were incredible rounds for Whitaker, and really show off how skilled he was. but those two rounds werent the whole fight. Pavlik-Hopkins was 'getting schooled', Chavez vs. Whitaker was nothing like that.

I know the horrible judging turns people off when it comes to this fight and makes people hostile toward Chavez, but honestly, this was a very entertaining fight with lots of competitive rounds. and Chavez probebly did better than anyone else did in Whitaker's career up to that point and up until the 1st Rivera fight years later, although you could make a case for Buddy McGirt...and maybe actually Paez.
its a real good fight with tons of skill and is actually foul-filled too...I recommend it to people that havent seen it before.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,259,639,550.99
Total Points: 3,269,760,649.11
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

I agree with you. Whitaker definately deserved to win the fight and I would classify it as a robbery, however it is far from the worst robbery in the history of the sport as many claim it to be. Probably not even Pernell's worst robbery.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:52 AM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,414,895,051,954.19
Total Points: 13,457,900,170,221.69
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post
and not just the judges. Ive heard people scream about how this fight was the 'worst robbery of all time' and how Whitaker 'schooled' Chavez, which are both huge exaggerations.

yes, Whitaker obviously deserved to win. lets get that out of the way. but if you havent seen a worse robbery before, than you havent watched much boxing. quite honestly, you could make a case for Chavez winning rounds 1,2,5,6,9, and 12. now, to give him all these rounds is really questionable, to say the least...I ended up giving him rounds 1,2,9 and 12, with round 6 being even(or 116-113 Whitaker)...having rewatched the fight last night. It was pretty much the same score as the last time I watched it.

in no way was Chavez schooled. rounds 7 and 8? ok yea, those were incredible rounds for Whitaker, and really show off how skilled he was. but those two rounds werent the whole fight. Pavlik-Hopkins was 'getting schooled', Chavez vs. Whitaker was nothing like that.

I know the horrible judging turns people off when it comes to this fight and makes people hostile toward Chavez, but honestly, this was a very entertaining fight with lots of competitive rounds. and Chavez probebly did better than anyone else did in Whitaker's career up to that point and up until the 1st Rivera fight years later, although you could make a case for Buddy McGirt...and maybe actually Paez.
its a real good fight with tons of skill and is actually foul-filled too...I recommend it to people that havent seen it before.
I wouldn't call it the worst decision in history. But make no mistake about it:it was bad. Very bad. Especially for a fight of that magnitude which made it even more corrupt(see WBC, Suliman,King) When you have judges taking points away(Mickey Vann) it ranks up there as one of the worst. Chavez got schooled in my opinion and looked like ****. Most picked Chavez to win and considered him the best fighter in the world at the time.

Last edited by joseph5620; 11-03-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 AM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,414,895,051,954.19
Total Points: 13,457,900,170,221.69
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc1984 View Post
I agree with you. Whitaker definately deserved to win the fight and I would classify it as a robbery, however it is far from the worst robbery in the history of the sport as many claim it to be. Probably not even Pernell's worst robbery.

I agree. Whitaker-Jose Luis Ramirez 1 was worse. The fact that they scored that one for Ramirez made it the worse I have ever seen.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,821,119.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5620 View Post
I wouldn't call it the worst decision in history. But make no mistake about it:it was bad. Very bad. Especially for a fight of that magnitude which made it even more corrupt(see WBC, Suliman,King) When you have judges taking points away(Mickey Vann) it ranks up there as one of the worst. Chavez got schooled in my opinion and looked like ****. Most picked Chavez to win and considered him the best fighter in the world at the time.
how did Chavez get 'schooled' when it was a close, competitive fight? and it wasnt exactly Chavez's best performance, but I really have no idea how you can say he looked like ****.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,496,508.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post

agreed its the retards that come with the same **** that Hagler beat Leonard who try to claim Whitaker won virtually every single round

i saw the same fight you did
Old 11-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Dynamite Kid

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

people like to think Dela Hoya got robbed against Tito when in reallity it was a damn close fight that could of been called a draw but could also have gone Tito's way cause he was the one forcing the fight towards the end
Old 11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
El Dominicano
Banned

Bank: 1.04
Total Points: 189,236.87
a toast. to the death of the coalition. lol - Left Hook Tua Drink Some presidente - Pico Hollywood U called it, here's ur Chela! - Puas tua says up yours...... - Left Hook Tua lol - Left Hook Tua 
Thx Bro! - Joshua Clottey Top Dawg - Welter_Skelter salud!! - el guason456 Thats real. - El Gallo Negro! i've been here. i log on everyday at work. you haven't been here! lol - Left Hook Tua 
BS Retard of the Month Award. - Jim Jeffries This is long over due - Massage Queen yep fukk em - larryx guzman is done. - Left Hook Tua kEEP GOING hARD on these Sucka's lol - Horus 
Cause you Da Man! - Gift Of Gab 

Worst robbery in the history of the sport is Whitaker vs JLR. Imagine getting beat every round and NOT be competitive in any...then winning the fight. By the way, I gave JCC 4 rounds and sorry, I still gotta say JCC got schooled.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:22 PM
K-Nan
The Stylistic Nightmare

Rep Power: 116 K-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,952,625.45
Total Points: 1,000,023,087,860.59
I forgive you - tyson A Krispy Kreme from Winky Wright - -Hyperion- Thanks, man. You are one of the good guys - sweet pea 50 Happy Birthday, enjoy this time as it's the best time of your life. - hurricane72 happy birthday, my ni..... friend! - KESSLER 
Its not champagne, Its cider! - azza Big Bro! - msagrain thanks - Left Hook Tua you got 14k and didn't tell me - Pico Hollywood To 15k more posts, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 
Good Poster! - J. HITTER Here is that $800 you wanted! - ЯiZО I'll shove this up your asshole. (no homo) - Piggu A toast - Tek My Pounches I'm going to shove this up your ass and open it. (no homo) - Piggu 
Happy birthday homey! - mangler Patience - D.I.E.S.E.L Dinner on me. Gr8 hijack. - mangler No Message - Old Coward have a beer for your killer track - sweetpea87 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Piggu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc1984 View Post
The Ramirez fight was worse because it went down as an actual L.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Dynamite Kid

Dwiens made a thread very similar to this one quite a while back and he echoed exactly the same points you raised that is was a close fight and not a robbery that it is made out to be