Is it healthy to loose this much weight - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 11-01-2008, 10:01 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,202,119.25
1000 posts!  Congrats.  First milestone.. - ABOSWORTH 
Default Is it healthy to loose this much weight

Is it healthy to loose 25-20 lbs by january 1st 09???? I think it is but my college health teacher says no. He says its only healthy to loose 2 lbs per week(1lb by exercise and 1lb by dieting).
SOY-COMO-SOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 PM #2
Mother Russia

sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,059,664.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 817boy View Post
Is it healthy to loose 25-20 lbs by january 1st 09???? I think it is but my college health teacher says no. He says its only healthy to loose 2 lbs per week(1lb by exercise and 1lb by dieting).
Probably not, but a lot of the stuff that boxers have to do isn't really "healthy". That being said, if you up the amount of pounds you lose per week to three, you'll be able to achieve your goal, and that doesn't sound extremely unhealthy.

Although I bet that if you change your diet around and stop eating **** (if you don't already do so), you'll begin to lose weight quite fast, and you won't be feeling like ****.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:09 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

SOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,202,119.25
1000 posts!  Congrats.  First milestone.. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhenkoy View Post
Probably not, but a lot of the stuff that boxers have to do isn't really "healthy". That being said, if you up the amount of pounds you lose per week to three, you'll be able to achieve your goal, and that doesn't sound extremely unhealthy.

Although I bet that if you change your diet around and stop eating **** (if you don't already do so), you'll begin to lose weight quite fast, and you won't be feeling like ****.
yea thats what i was thinking cuz 4 years ago it took me like 3 months to loose 30 lbs by running and not eating nothing fried or greasy. So i think I can loose at least 20 lbs by new years.
SOY-COMO-SOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:09 AM #4
Up and Comer

MickyClifford is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 24,192.80

Yes,
if you lose more than 2lb a week it is likely that you will be losing muscle rather than fat. Take it easy and aim for 2lb a week, and you shouldn't run into any problems.
MickyClifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:13 AM #5
Banned

KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 192,951.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 817boy View Post
is its for a fight, then yeah do it....if you have to cut weight for a fight you want, i know i personally wouldnt care how healthy it was, and that weight loss doesnt even sound too extreme, not healthy too lose more than 2lbs per week ?! i know guys that have had to cut twice that or more in a day and have been fine.... luckily i havent had to cut weight for any of my fights, but if you have a fight around then you need to be 20 lbs lighter for, hell yeah do it... just diet and run heaps
KostyaTszyu44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:10 AM #6
Banned

JulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,672.48
Total Points: 49,940.25
2 start you off.. - The Gully Gad Here's an early Holiday present bro... - The Scientist No Message - woftam Stuff this up your butt you homosexual French towelhead. Mohammed would not approve of your flashy ways. Buy bombs not 1k Boss jackets. Kill the infidel! - Mizzou HERE YOU GO - ??? 
big up - siablo14 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyClifford View Post
Yes,
if you lose more than 2lb a week it is likely that you will be losing muscle rather than fat.
Depends how much fat he has. If he has alot then he can lose alot really quick. It's a load of wank if you ask me. You can lose fat as fast as you want, nothing happens except you look better sooner.
JulioCesaChavez is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
healthy, loose, weight

User Tag List