Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-01-2008, 02:28 AM
FIGHTING_FLIP
"BAD NEWS"

Rep Power: 14 FIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 323,548.90
Default Box three days a week, run 5?

to get in shape for fights. my schedule only allows me to go gym 3 times a week cuz of work. but the days i do work and wont go gym, i will be running. So i would box 3 times a week and be running 5 days out of the week. is that a good regiment for fight trainin? and i got 2 months to lose 12 pounds. im not overweight or anything. in pretty good shape but still got some un necessary **** on my body that i could lose. dont know my body fat percent or anything. any feedback is koo. appreciate it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-01-2008, 02:46 AM
phallus
the lizard of ahs

Rep Power: 204 phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 228,981,282,266.66
Total Points: 228,981,306,061.90
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

running lots will help keep the weight down. i'd rather spend more time in the gym but if you can't i'd also do some shadowboxing and maybe plyometrics at home on the days when you can't go to gym
Old 11-01-2008, 03:08 AM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19450 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,361,753,202,882.63
Total Points: 30,361,753,231,971.01
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I assume that this is an amatuer bout that your working towards. If it is then you will be fine. I would rather hear that your in the gym 5 days a week rather than only 3 but it can still work out good for you.

Everytime that your in the gym make sure that you get some rounds of sparring in, gotta keep those eyes sharp man.

Also, on the days that your not in the gym try to get some time in just shadow boxing and working those muscles. Ofcourse work the technical aspect but just keep those muscles working. Lay off on sunday and start it up again, ya know.

With losing 16 lbs or whatever, just work hard when your in the gym and run hard when your not. Dont go about the dehydration method of drying out and such, it will or could be your down fall in the ring for the fight. Just wear clothes that will make you sweat good, work hard and then be sure to rehydrate yourself afterwards. Water is a natural fat burner, keeping yourself dehydrated through training will actually slow down the fat burning process and limit your positive affects during training.

Most of the times for amatuer fights you will weigh in with out even knowing who your going to throw with. So I say work hard and come in at a fairly natural weight so that you will be strong for the fight.

To many people have to many loses on their records because of trying to lose weight. Remember that these are not pro fights, you dont have 24 hours to replenish your body with what it needs (and sometimes 24 hrs isnt even enough time). In the amatuers you may have 3-4 hours to replenish maybe less if your one of the first few bouts.

Good luck though. Concentrate more on your skill and then fight and less on losing weight. Come in natural and you will have all of the strength that you'll need to pull out the fight..........Rockin'
Old 11-01-2008, 04:08 PM
peewee1460
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 peewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,162,855.91
Total Points: 24,177,221.80

lol i box five days a week and run three
Old 11-01-2008, 04:20 PM
ScottDBA
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Bank: 372,214.06
Total Points: 391,824.68
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee1460 View Post
lol i box five days a week and run three
Same here.

I'm not training as a runner, I'm training as a boxer. Hard sparring sessions, plenty of bag/pad work, shadowboxing and skipping five (sometimes six) times per week and running only three days (one day for distance, one day sprints and one day mixing it up) has gotten me plenty of cardio even with a messed up nose I can't breathe very well through (can't breathe through nose properly = not enough air = you get tired faster).

I'm sure some people will disagree and say that you should be running every day, and that's fine. Everyone should do what they feel is best for them, as long as you have the cardio you need.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19450 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,361,753,202,882.63
Total Points: 30,361,753,231,971.01
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDBA View Post
Same here.

I'm not training as a runner, I'm training as a boxer. Hard sparring sessions, plenty of bag/pad work, shadowboxing and skipping five (sometimes six) times per week and running only three days (one day for distance, one day sprints and one day mixing it up) has gotten me plenty of cardio even with a messed up nose I can't breathe very well through (can't breathe through nose properly = not enough air = you get tired faster).

I'm sure some people will disagree and say that you should be running every day, and that's fine. Everyone should do what they feel is best for them, as long as you have the cardio you need.
Hilmer Kenty told me that he used to run 2 miles a day. Imsure that he had his days off though through the week.

Think about it, a 15 round world champion fighter running 2 miles per day.

Yup, do what makes you feel best...........Rockin'
Old 11-03-2008, 12:15 AM
FIGHTING_FLIP
"BAD NEWS"

Rep Power: 14 FIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
I assume that this is an amatuer bout that your working towards. If it is then you will be fine. I would rather hear that your in the gym 5 days a week rather than only 3 but it can still work out good for you.

Everytime that your in the gym make sure that you get some rounds of sparring in, gotta keep those eyes sharp man.

Also, on the days that your not in the gym try to get some time in just shadow boxing and working those muscles. Ofcourse work the technical aspect but just keep those muscles working. Lay off on sunday and start it up again, ya know.

With losing 16 lbs or whatever, just work hard when your in the gym and run hard when your not. Dont go about the dehydration method of drying out and such, it will or could be your down fall in the ring for the fight. Just wear clothes that will make you sweat good, work hard and then be sure to rehydrate yourself afterwards. Water is a natural fat burner, keeping yourself dehydrated through training will actually slow down the fat burning process and limit your positive affects during training.

Most of the times for amatuer fights you will weigh in with out even knowing who your going to throw with. So I say work hard and come in at a fairly natural weight so that you will be strong for the fight.

To many people have to many loses on their records because of trying to lose weight. Remember that these are not pro fights, you dont have 24 hours to replenish your body with what it needs (and sometimes 24 hrs isnt even enough time). In the amatuers you may have 3-4 hours to replenish maybe less if your one of the first few bouts.

Good luck though. Concentrate more on your skill and then fight and less on losing weight. Come in natural and you will have all of the strength that you'll need to pull out the fight..........Rockin'
thanks for the input. but yeah my schedule is loaded. school mon-friday, work tuesday, friday-sunday all late shifts so im going gym mon wednesday and thursday. but i can still run when i get off from work. but yeah man i shouldve had a fight looonng time ago. just somethin is tellin me i need to box or somethin. im hungry.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
FIGHTING_FLIP
"BAD NEWS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
Hilmer Kenty told me that he used to run 2 miles a day. Imsure that he had his days off though through the week.

Think about it, a 15 round world champion fighter running 2 miles per day.

Yup, do what makes you feel best...........Rockin'
i heard james toney doesnt even run. he just spars hella rounds when he goes to the gym. that fat motha ****a has the best stamina ive seen
Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 AM
sukhenkoy
Mother Russia

Rep Power: 9 sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,054,173.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
i heard james toney doesnt even run. he just spars hella rounds when he goes to the gym. that fat motha ****a has the best stamina ive seen
If Toney were to run, he'd probably have the worst ****ing knees in the business.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Landon S
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Landon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 26,426.05

Where do you live flip?