Which boxing gloves offer most protection? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 10-24-2008, 06:10 PM
DonFlamenco
22 - 3 - 9 KO

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8 DonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond reputeDonFlamenco has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5.29
Total Points: 8,242.85
Default Which boxing gloves offer most protection?

I am looking for something with really good hand protection for all around training. Pads, bag, and sparring. Price does not matter. Just want to know what glove offers the best hand protection?

I have heard good things about "Winning"

any others I should know about?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Uchi Deshi
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,796.81

Try Fairtex - the best quality.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:10 PM
judge_jab
Contender

Rep Power: 10 judge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond reputejudge_jab has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 146,570.38

Grant, Cleto Reyes, Title, Ringside, Lemarr, Everlast, Lonsdale
Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 PM
mspiegelo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 mspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 722,531.25
Total Points: 817,050.63
You get 1KO in sparring, and BoxScene ranks you undisputed champ. Congrats... - Spiegelo your alt is on crack! lmao - Left Hook Tua No Message - T-97 

winning gloves are the most protective, but the most expensive.

for the price, i like ringside imf gloves.

i also have grant gloves that are very protective and offer great wrist support, but ringside just upped the price of the grant pros to 150! ouch.

the new everlast pro training gloves seem quality as well. just tried out a lace-up pair the other day and they were very comfortable and seemed to be pretty well padded. they were sleek to and felt lighter than they weighed.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:12 PM
mspiegelo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 mspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond repute
You get 1KO in sparring, and BoxScene ranks you undisputed champ. Congrats... - Spiegelo your alt is on crack! lmao - Left Hook Tua No Message - T-97 

Quote:
Originally Posted by judge_jab View Post
Grant, Cleto Reyes, Title, Ringside, Lemarr, Everlast, Lonsdale
reyes offer the least protection
Old 10-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Ramamaiden
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ramamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 63,575.49

i have the Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves and i have to say they are very good, they protect a lot and have a good price.

http://www.ringside.com/RS/ProductDetails/StyleMasterDetails.aspx?pid={f2e45916-3fff-4380-b0ae-1347b8bba118}&gid={16bd410c-8b32-4b00-8f2e-ef0202ba049e}&pname=IMF+Tech%E2%84%A2+Bag+Gloves&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=GL2-SR&CTitle=&
Old 10-24-2008, 07:27 PM
mspiegelo
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramamaiden View Post
i have the Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves and i have to say they are very good, they protect a lot and have a good price.

http://www.ringside.com/RS/ProductDetails/StyleMasterDetails.aspx?pid={f2e45916-3fff-4380-b0ae-1347b8bba118}&gid={16bd410c-8b32-4b00-8f2e-ef0202ba049e}&pname=IMF+Tech%E2%84%A2+Bag+Gloves&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=GL2-SR&CTitle=&
yea. they're nice, but get the sparring gloves if you want to spar. better to hit the bags with sparring gloves than spar with bag gloves. imo, bag gloves aren't even necessary.

i use a mixture of 18 oz gloves (for sparring "in-house" at my gym and for the majority of my training), 16 oz (for sparring "out-house" competition from other gyms and to change up my training sometime) and amateur 12 oz's (to get used to the harder impact of amateur gloves on my hands and to get used to my hands flying around faster than lighting after training with 18 oz gloves all the time!)
Old 10-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Ramamaiden
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ramamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRamamaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 63,575.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiegelo View Post
yea. they're nice, but get the sparring gloves if you want to spar. better to hit the bags with sparring gloves than spar with bag gloves. imo, bag gloves aren't even necessary.

i use a mixture of 18 oz gloves (for sparring "in-house" at my gym and for the majority of my training), 16 oz (for sparring "out-house" competition from other gyms and to change up my training sometime) and amateur 12 oz's (to get used to the harder impact of amateur gloves on my hands and to get used to my hands flying around faster than lighting after training with 18 oz gloves all the time!)
i use them for sparring too and they work very good imo.
i was thinking of the training imf tech gloves, but the issue with them is that its impossible to put the wrist band on your own, you need help :P.

btw look these everlast gloves, first time ive seen them on the everlast website, they are expensive but they must really be an amazing pair of gloves for that price, and they look very nice too. i would love to try them.

http://www.everlast.com/protex3-training-gloves.html
Old 10-24-2008, 07:46 PM
punchDrUnK MONK
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 punchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these parts
Bank: 534.01
Total Points: 304,655.70
how come you so red, did you make fun of calslappy - JulioCesaChavez gift thread - MANGLER 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - ??? 

for FIGHTS >> everlast / winning / grant

for SPARRING >> ringside / winning / grant

for BAG WORK >> RIVAL / winning
Old 10-24-2008, 07:55 PM
mspiegelo
Undisputed Champion

well... if money is NOT an option, go with winning everything. there's a reason pros like pacquiao, de la hoya, cotto, margarito, vargas and mayweather all use it in training. its the lightest, most comfortable, most supportive/protective gear on the market.

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, gloves, offer, protection?

User Tag List