Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 10-22-2003, 12:33 PM
handjobs4dollars
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 40 handjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 205,016.00
Send a message via AIM to handjobs4dollars
Default I need a weight training program

I'm going to start lifting weights newt week and need something with the fighter in mind.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-22-2003, 01:14 PM
VulgarTheClown
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 44 VulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 273,379.37
Send a message via ICQ to VulgarTheClown Send a message via AIM to VulgarTheClown Send a message via Yahoo to VulgarTheClown

what are your goals?

size? definition?
Old 10-22-2003, 02:15 PM
handjobs4dollars
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 40 handjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 205,016.00
Send a message via AIM to handjobs4dollars

Strenght I don't care about size I want to weight about 230 I'm 255 right now. I'm just looking for some power.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:49 PM
Tom
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 54,824.00

chest/tris:

Flat Bench: 4 setsx 5 reps. Try to never go to failure. Once you have done the fifth rep on the last set, the next week, you increase weight by as little as possible.

Incline BP: 4 sets x 5 reps

Close grip BP: 4x5

JM Presses or Skullcrushers: 4 sets x 5 reps

Back/Bi's:

Deadlifts: 5 sets x 2-3 reps (If you have never done these b4, start off really light and make sure you get the form correct.)

GoodMornings: 4 sets x 5 reps

Bentover rows: 3 setsx 5 reps

Chinups: 2x failure

Bis: Straight- bar Reverse curls: 3x6

Legs:

Squats: 4 sets x 5 reps

Stiff leg deadlifts (works hams real well): 4x5

Leg Extentions: 2x6

Calf raises: 3x5

Shoulder/Traps

Seated Military press: 4x5

Side raises: 3x5

Rear delt: 3x5

Should shrugs 4x5

Farmer stand (Helps your grip with deadlifting): 3x15 seconds. Lift olympic bar off rack and stand still, count to 15 then drop it back onto the rack. Dont deadlift the weight, set it up so you onl need to lift maybe 5-6 inches at most..

Old 10-30-2003, 12:53 PM
Stain
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Stain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 68,632.00

Tom thats a good program you set him up with right there.

Just curious why you have him doing straight bar reverse curls instead of conventional straight bar curls?

thanks -James
Old 10-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Stain
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Stain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond reputeStain has a reputation beyond repute

oh and why not do military presses standing? it will help build overall strength and balance. start light due to the pressure on the lower back though.

Gman you may also want to experiment with some olympic lifts if you have anyone around that can show you. make sure they really know you're **** though because olympic lifts are dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. They are great for building power and explosiveness
Old 10-30-2003, 02:14 PM
Curly Howard

Bank: 0
Total Points: 0

http://www.exrx.net/

Something you might want to look at Grant
Old 10-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Tom
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by LeftBench
oh and why not do military presses standing? it will help build overall strength and balance. start light due to the pressure on the lower back though.

Gman you may also want to experiment with some olympic lifts if you have anyone around that can show you. make sure they really know you're **** though because olympic lifts are dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. They are great for building power and explosiveness
You can do them standing, which it does improve overall strength...but with doing them standing a lot of people use their legs to push up the weight imo. I personally i just sitting on a bench and doing it seated. I feel more tension on the shoulders when i do them seated.

For your q about reverse curls...dunno, just threw them in there. Works your forearms a bit more then normal curls imo. You can do the conventional way if you like. I just threw that routine out, it's similar to the one i used to do....and in a month i had increased 20 lbs in BP, 15 lbs in DeadL, and 25 in squats..but i was downing creatine, HMB, and glutamine also, which helped the strength process...

Oh...and for olympic lifting..uhh, i wouldn't even try it Gman..Olympic lifting is A LOT of technique. If you do try it, go very very VERY light and work on the technique as much as possible, bc you can really f yourself up badly doing them wrong..
Old 10-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Stain
Undisputed Champion

Good point about using the legs to help. I set up a friend with a program and he's making great gains. I walked in the gym the other day and see him hoisting up the bar and cheating like all hell with his legs. I had to correct him but now he's doing awesome.

I've lost so much muscle its not even funny, since I had my appendix out. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things come Thanksgiving.

Tom, what are your feelings on Olympic lifts? Do you use any of them and if so, where'd you learn technique? I want to incorporate a few of them into my next program but I don't know a ****en thing about doing them correctly
Old 10-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Tom
Undisputed Champion

Nah bro, i never used olympic lifts because i really don't know how to do them correctly..I am guessing you want to incorporate the clean and jerk ( i could be wrong) ..i would start with a broom stick or just the olympic bar and start with your technique because it takes a long time to perfect just a clean correctly..

I haven't been in the gym in 2+ months, so yes i lost some muscle and a lot of strength from where i was...