Quiton Jackson vs Forrest Griffin - Who Won? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
View Poll Results: Who won?
Quinton Jackson 8 53.33%
Forrest Griffin 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 10-04-2008, 11:30 PM
boojee
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14 boojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 222,244.95
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Cool Quiton Jackson vs Forrest Griffin - Who Won?

I just saw the fight, i had Rampage winning. its a robbery. Rampage was whopping Forrest's ass. Forrest only won one round the 2nd round

Last edited by boojee; 10-04-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-04-2008, 11:39 PM
jakkups
Ya Dun Know

Rep Power: 20 jakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17.48
Total Points: 1,386,252,139.73
Cheers to Tori Black!!!  Holly shit she is hot!!! - ABOSWORTH One day me and you will get into a brawl with those fools at the local pisser! - Move BRICKS thanks for all da fight hookups ... - -Boxzilla- thx again 4 all da fight hookups ........ - -Boxzilla- you're a great asset to the site , thanks for all the uploads! - shobox 
Thanks for the uploads, cheers! - Left2body great job posting fights - DonTaseMeBrah Apple - ▀reakbeat Crackin out the good shit for the best uploader there is! - The Surgeon 

I spoke about this in another thread and this is how I saw it.

Quote:
It wasn't a wide decision but it was the right decision without a doubt. I had it like this:

Round 1 - Rampage (10-9)
Round 2 - Griffin (10-8)
Round 3 - Even (10-10)
Round 4 - Griffin (10-9)
Round 5 - Rampage (10-9)

48-47 Griffin.
Compustrike validates the victory as well:
http://www.compustrike.com/stats.php?news_id=31
Old 10-04-2008, 11:46 PM
YUHHHHHHH!
Banned

Rep Power: 0 YUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 52,778.95
Here you go Gorilla. Lay off the roids. - Mizzou cunt - Mizzou slut - Mizzou T-1000 - Mizzou Meatball - Mizzou 
Dis ni99a done got iced out! - Mizzou Let's drink to Lela Star!!!!  She's a fukkin hottie.! - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkups View Post

Compu Strike doesn't take into account aggressiveness and who pushed the pace. Quinton Jackson won this by a unanimous decision.

Last edited by Move BRICKS; 10-05-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:48 PM
boojee
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 boojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond reputeboojee has a reputation beyond repute
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 

Quote:

rampage left leg was hurt but that's about it, rampage was never in any trouble and wins every exchange, wobbles griffin in almost every exchange.

can you give the link to the similar thread, i wanna see what you guys think, thanks.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:58 PM
jakkups
Ya Dun Know

Rep Power: 20 jakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers to Tori Black!!!  Holly shit she is hot!!! - ABOSWORTH One day me and you will get into a brawl with those fools at the local pisser! - Move BRICKS thanks for all da fight hookups ... - -Boxzilla- thx again 4 all da fight hookups ........ - -Boxzilla- you're a great asset to the site , thanks for all the uploads! - shobox 
Thanks for the uploads, cheers! - Left2body great job posting fights - DonTaseMeBrah Apple - ▀reakbeat Crackin out the good shit for the best uploader there is! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move BRICKS View Post
Compu Strike doesn't take into account aggressiveness and who pushed the pace. Quinton Jackson won this by a split decision.
But it takes into account who is most effective over the whole duration of the fight which was Griffin. And aggressiveness isn't just about who pushes the pace of the fight, its about who goes for more submission attempts, dominant positions, takedowns, strikes, reversals etc. Plus if you land more strikes and have the better of the grappling exchanges over the course of the fight then you are the one setting the pace and pushing the action, ergo you are the aggressor. And if you believe that Jackson won the fight, why would you have it as a split decision? Surely it would have to be a unanimous decision.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:01 AM
YUHHHHHHH!
Banned

Rep Power: 0 YUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond reputeYUHHHHHHH! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 52,778.95
Here you go Gorilla. Lay off the roids. - Mizzou cunt - Mizzou slut - Mizzou T-1000 - Mizzou Meatball - Mizzou 
Dis ni99a done got iced out! - Mizzou Let's drink to Lela Star!!!!  She's a fukkin hottie.! - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
But it takes into account who is most effective over the whole duration of the fight which was Griffin. And aggressiveness isn't just about who pushes the pace of the fight, its about who goes for more submission attempts, dominant positions, takedowns, strikes, reversals etc. Plus if you land more strikes and have the better of the grappling exchanges over the course of the fight then you are the one setting the pace and pushing the action, ergo you are the aggressor. And if you believe that Jackson won the fight, why would you have it as a split decision? Surely it would have to be a unanimous decision.
Mistype on my part. I see your reasoning, but in my opinion, it's more of a "Beat the champ to be the champ." And I don't see Forrest Griffin beating the champ in any way during this fight. Quinton Jackson's legs are killing, he keeps moving forward. He actually shook Forrest several times during the fight. I think he won. To each his own.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Brian13
Contender

Rep Power: 10 Brian13 will become famous soon enoughBrian13 will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 11,013.80

I had it like this:
Round 1: 10-9 - Rampage
Round 2: 10-8 - Forrest
Round 3: 10-9 - Rampage
Round 4: 10-9 - Rampage
Round 5: 10-9 - Forrest

Total: 48-48 - DRAW
Old 10-05-2008, 01:30 PM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Rep Power: 114 kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,197,893,865,991,782.50
Total Points: 4,197,897,567,194,466.50
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

I had it 3 Rounds too 2 for Rampage....
Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 PM
boojee
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian13 View Post
I had it like this:
Round 1: 10-9 - Rampage
Round 2: 10-8 - Forrest
Round 3: 10-9 - Rampage
Round 4: 10-9 - Rampage
Round 5: 10-9 - Forrest

Total: 48-48 - DRAW

10-8 on round 2? really? Griffin was on full mount in rd 2 and was not able to do anything but rub his elbows on Jackson's face. Griffin did NOT dominate that round, even on a full mount and Jackson's left leg messed up.

it's hard to be the aggressor when your leg is hurtin, but Jackson was still able explode and do a flurry on Griffin and wobbles Griffin almost every time.

i mean if a you can give a 10-8 in rd 2 to Griffin you have to give Jackson 10-8 in round 1 as well, i think that round was dominated by Rampage.

i dont have a problem with your scoring by the way thats just your input and im just stating my opinion.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:39 PM
jakkups
Ya Dun Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by boojee View Post
10-8 on round 2? really? Griffin was on full mount in rd 2 and was not able to do anything but rub his elbows on Jackson's face. Griffin did NOT dominate that round, even on a full mount and Jackson's left leg messed up.

it's hard to be the aggressor when your leg is hurtin, but Jackson was still able explode and do a flurry on Griffin and wobbles Griffin almost every time.

i mean if a you can give a 10-8 in rd 2 to Griffin you have to give Jackson 10-8 in round 1 as well, i think that round was dominated by Rampage.

i dont have a problem with your scoring by the way thats just your input and im just stating my opinion.

Disagree with you there I'm afraid. Look at the compustrike stats for rounds 1 and 2 and you will see a huge, huge difference. Round 1 Jackson won just about, he was effective for sure but other than the knock down the round was pretty much even in terms of activity. I mean compustrike has Griffin throwing more hands, throwing more kicks however his overall percentage was just a bit lower than Rampage's. And when Rampage did floor Griffin he did nothing to advance position or for that matter gain a dominant one. He was quite happy to just lay there until Forrest made his way back up to his feet. He won the round but he didn't dominate it at all.

Now round 2 was a completely different story. Forrest took control from the outset and had Rampage on the defensive from the get go. He got Rampage to the ground, and thoroughly dominated him. He was able to get off some submission attempts, advance position twice the second being full mount and was active throughout potshotting Rampage consistently. Rampage didn't land a single shot nor was he able to stop Griffin from advancing position or for that matter make it back to his feet which would've made it a 10-9 round but since it was all action from Griffin and nothing from Jackson (again look at the compustrike) it was 10-8 Griffin no question.

Share This With Friends

Tags
forrest, griffin, jackson, quiton, won?

User Tag List