Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
ironalex
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 10 ironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 58,273.83
Bank: 15,256,278,662.74
Total Points: 15,256,336,936.57
Default Low Carb Diet High Protein

hi all, im around 140 now, and am hoping to fight at 130, i want a low carb, high protein diet, so since that eliminates pasta,rice,bread etc, what kinda stuff do i eat other than meat and vegetables/salad and fruit, any recipess?
will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
ironalex is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 09-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Squirrel
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,376
Rep Power: 9 Squirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 51,586.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 51,586.62
Default

What makes you want to use this diet?

Whats wrong with lowering your calorie intake and doing more cardio (specifically HIIT)
Reply With Quote
Squirrel is offline
#3
Old 09-29-2008, 01:55 PM
peewee1460
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,898
Rep Power: 11 peewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,771.89
Bank: 25,139,035.29
Total Points: 25,155,807.18
Default

if you're on a "low carb" diet you shouldn't be eating fruit. eat vegetables and meat. that being said, i recommend that you get off of any type of diet that instructs you to take in little to no cards. 55 to 60% of your diet should be carbs but only about ten percent should be simple carbs. 30 to 35% of your diet should consist of fats, try to focus on monosaturated fats, and ten to fifteen percent of your diet should consist of protein. those are recommendations for an average, fairly sedentary person the protein should be near, but not exceed 1.8g per kilogram of bodyweight. you should focus on reducing your intake of simple sugars and your caloric intake overall, not just cutting carbs out of your diet.
Reply With Quote
peewee1460 is offline
#4
Old 09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
ironalex
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 10 ironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 58,273.83
Bank: 15,256,278,662.74
Total Points: 15,256,336,936.57
Default

because i heard this diet was best to use to lesser flab/fat and put on muscle..?
Reply With Quote
ironalex is offline
#5
Old 09-29-2008, 01:57 PM
ironalex
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 10 ironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 58,273.83
Bank: 15,256,278,662.74
Total Points: 15,256,336,936.57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee1460 View Post
if you're on a "low carb" diet you shouldn't be eating fruit. eat vegetables and meat. that being said, i recommend that you get off of any type of diet that instructs you to take in little to no cards. 55 to 60% of your diet should be carbs but only about ten percent should be simple carbs. 30 to 35% of your diet should consist of fats, try to focus on monosaturated fats, and ten to fifteen percent of your diet should consist of protein. those are recommendations for an average, fairly sedentary person the protein should be near, but not exceed 1.8g per kilogram of bodyweight. you should focus on reducing your intake of simple sugars and your caloric intake overall, not just cutting carbs out of your diet.

ah okay thanks a lot to every1 replying.
Reply With Quote
ironalex is offline
#6
Old 09-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Squirrel
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,376
Rep Power: 9 Squirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 51,586.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 51,586.62
Default

Well, HIIT is brilliant for fat loss (among other benfits such as increase VO max etc), and is less likely to result in muscle catabolism than other forms of cardio.

You cant really lose fat and gain muscle simultaniously, well, anywhere near as efficiently as you can by keeping them separate (bulking and cutting phases), though putting on muscle doesnt seem like a logical goal, to me at least.
Reply With Quote
Squirrel is offline
#7
Old 09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
ironalex
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 10 ironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 58,273.83
Bank: 15,256,278,662.74
Total Points: 15,256,336,936.57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
Well, HIIT is brilliant for fat loss (among other benfits such as increase VO max etc), and is less likely to result in muscle catabolism than other forms of cardio.

You cant really lose fat and gain muscle simultaniously, well, anywhere near as efficiently as you can by keeping them separate (bulking and cutting phases), though putting on muscle doesnt seem like a logical goal, to me at least.
oh okay man, whats HIIT? lol and any recipes?sorry its just my nutrition knowledge aint that great, at amateur i fought what i walked around at so basically ate what i wanted, now im 18 and turned pro i wanna be big at the weight at 5 ft 9 i feel that i can get down to the 130ibs limit as i have some flabby areas that i can lose, so any feedback great, thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote
ironalex is offline
#8
Old 09-29-2008, 02:29 PM
ironalex
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 10 ironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 58,273.83
Bank: 15,256,278,662.74
Total Points: 15,256,336,936.57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironalex View Post
oh okay man, whats HIIT? lol and any recipes?sorry its just my nutrition knowledge aint that great, at amateur i fought what i walked around at so basically ate what i wanted, now im 18 and turned pro i wanna be big at the weight at 5 ft 9 i feel that i can get down to the 130ibs limit as i have some flabby areas that i can lose, so any feedback great, thanks a lot.
sorry,just looked up "hiit" on the net, its speed intervals, and yeah i already do them along wit long runs, i train hard etc, but i wanna kno diets...
Reply With Quote
ironalex is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
carb, diet, high, protein

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.