Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-28-2008, 04:32 PM
youngswish23
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,631.90
Default boxing purses

anybody have recent purse listing for fighters. anybody know the average purse for four rounders 6 rounders ect. very intersted in the real figures. proof if u have any
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-28-2008, 04:39 PM
ferocity
NOV. 3, NEW CHAMPION

Rep Power: 2914 ferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond reputeferocity has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,111,198.63
Total Points: 6,328,775.48
Cheers to Margarito! - Tunney ˇArriba Margarito! - Puas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngswish23 View Post
anybody have recent purse listing for fighters. anybody know the average purse for four rounders 6 rounders ect. very intersted in the real figures. proof if u have any
You know what i'd like to know too and im sure others would too.

Whats funny is that when i started being a boxing fan, boxers wages for a fight were always mentioned. You could read it on the fight press, in a boxing article. Now, for some reason don't know if its the boxers, managers, promoters that tell boxing writers not to print the purse figures cause now a days you have to read and ready and dig through many articles to get a legit purse figure.

I used to read about the money they'd get and really that gave me some motivation to box. And makes people understand why someone would be a boxer.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Dice
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Dice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 115,188,564.49
Total Points: 208,979,405.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngswish23 View Post
Its not concrete but for 4-6 rounders your looking at about 4-600 dollars a fight, this was said by Shane Mosley in an interview with Jay Leno after he beat Oscar the first time.

Actual prospects/contenders depending on divisions get around 5-20,000 dollars

While no name champions or champs in unpopular divisions can earn 30,000(for real light weight classes) to 100,000(middleweight area)

It all depends if your a big name, or if your division on hot cuz lots of Bantemweight and featherweight champs have gotten purses like 30-50k for defenses where Bernard Hopkins who was known but not popular would get 100k-300k for his defenses

When your in the big leagues then it all depends on how good you can negoiate.

Mosley/Mayorga got a guarenteed 1.5mil/550k and with the 5k plus attendants and the ratings they can maybe earn some extra cash.

Most of my figures comes from years of lookin at interviews where various boxers from diff weight classes discussed their pay. Like I said its not concrete but I think those are good estimate figures
Old 09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
youngswish23
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,631.90

yes same here i remember reading boxing illustrated or the ring back in the day and they always printed the purse amount it really made the fights seem more exciting and gave the people something to talk about