No announcement yet.

Couture Willing To Fight Again In The UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couture Willing To Fight Again In The UFC

Couture Willing To Fight Again In The UFC, Tito talk, Rampage Pleads NOT GUILTY, and Jon Koppenhaver

Chris Insinna

UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture, who has not fought in over a year due to a contract dispute with the promotion, may return to the octagon one final time before the end of the year as part of a settlement with the UFC.

According to the report Couture, who last defeated Gabriel Gonzaga via third-round TKO at UFC 74 in August 2007, is “willing to fight once more for the UFC, possibly before the end of the year, as a potential resolution to his ongoing legal battles with the fight promotion”.

It is not yet known if the UFC, who is currently in arbitration with Couture in Nevada, would accept the offer.

... I don't know about you guys but I am thinkin he might fight brock, I heard that kongo might be injured and might require surgery, something good might be brewing here!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quinton Jackson Pleads Not Guilty To Rampage

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, who on Tuesday was formally charged by by the Orange County District Attorney’s office with two felonies and four misdemeanors stemming from a July hit-and-run incident, has plead not guilty to the charges, according to Sherdog.

Jackson on Thursday also posted $25,000 bail and was released from custody.

The former 205-pound king was charged with one felony count of evading while driving recklessly, one felony count of evading a peace officer and driving against traffic, three misdemeanor counts of hit and run with property damage, and one misdemeanor count of reckless driving.

If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of three years in prison.

Following an initial collision with a vehicle, Jackson fled the scene but was quickly spotted by a police officer who noticed Jackson driving on a flat tire and talking on his cell phone. The officer attempted to stop Jackson but he instead led police on a brief chase, wrecking into another vehicle and nearly hitting several pedestrians before surrendering.

He is next scheduled to appear in court on October 9th for a pre-trial hearing.

According to rumors, Jackson, who on Wednesday announced he had signed a three-year deal with England-based Wolfslair fight team, will return to the octagon on November 15th to take on Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UFC still has Tito by the balls

It’s been a while since we’ve talked about the UFC’s evil business practices … mainly because it’s old hat and to be expected. So is it any surprise that the UFC is taking full advantage of it’s contractual ability to keep Tito Ortiz in limbo? Nah, not really. Here’s Dana White talking about it:

----------------------------
    I read recently that Tito supposedly is negotiating with UFC again. If that’s the case, how did that come about?

As part of his contract, he goes out and … I don’t know, something to do with his contract, but he’s still got his foot in the door with his contract. As part of our business practice in this crazy world these days, we — let me think how I can word this to you.

Take your time.

Yeah, probably going to have to.

I always say, we make this thing look a lot easier than it really is, and we’re definitely not going to make it easy for anybody else. We’re going to make things tough for other people.

It sounds like you’re saying basically you have certain negotiation rights with Tito.

Yup, and I’m going take them.
    ------------------------------
    I’d be very interested in knowing what clauses are currently in effect right now. We know that the period for exclusive bargaining with the UFC is over, so my fuzzy logic would imply that we’re at the stage where the UFC has the right to match any offer Tito gets. That’s a big assumption, but one that fits the pattern of many standard sports contracts.

Could this be why Tito has been floating such ******ed numbers to all the other promotions? If he puts in an a reasonable request that’s then accepted by Affliction, the UFC would then have the right to match that offer and drag him right back into the UFC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STUUUUUUPIDITY...

We already knew that Jon Koppenhaver was a big ****ing idiot. But now he’s no longer gonna be known as Jon Koppenhaver because he’s just legally changed his name to … get ready for it … WAR MACHINE:

He had this to say...

“SO in case you didn’t notice in my last fight the UFC did NOT use my nickname when I fought. Turns out some gay ass wrestling federation threatened to sue them because they recently named one of their wrestlers The War Machine Rhino and trademarked the name. Too ****in’ bad that I have been using this name for 6 years, have it tatted on my body and it is what my fans yell out when I’m fighting. If you know my personality then you know damn well I am not gonna let some ****** ass, FAKE wrestler steal MY name. SO 6 weeks ago I filed a change of name request and today I had court to make my name officially WAR MACHINE. lol. ****in’ funny right? Didn’t really wanna have to do it but I am sure as hell not lose MY nickname.”

Wait. Rampage pleaded not guilty when there is overwhelming evidence from witnesses and POLICE that he was involved in a hit and run and led Police on a chase, IN A ****ING VEHICLE WITH HIS LIKENESS ON IT?!?!? That fool smokes weed.

Comment

Couture vs. Brock would be silly for UFC. If Lesnar doesn't win, then they've just fed a high-profile prospect to a guy leaving the company for a final big payday vs. Fedor.......

People pleading not guilty doesn't mean they think they'll be acquitted, it's just a formality. He'll get off easy when all is said and done

Comment

Working...
      X