Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-27-2008, 08:14 PM
WLAD OWNS
World Heavyweight Champ

Rep Power: 0 WLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 450,326.40
Best Poster on Boxingscene! - Tunney Wlad is gonna destroy Thompson - Mike Tyson77 Peace Offering - DWiens421 WLAD OWNS! - T-97 To Abraham! - Mike Tyson77 
Wlad TKO11 Thompson!!!!!!!!! - Mike Tyson77 Another KO win for Wlad! - Tunney Great win! - !! Mr. Soprano Even MiVidaLoca will look like Lucy Pinder after a beer, try it. - KESSLER No Message - texanballer 
No Message - texanballer Vitali Klitschko! - Tunney Vitali and Wlad are CHAMPS - Welter_Skelter Cheers to Vitali! - Mike Tyson77 
Default Another Russian Giant is Coming: Alexander Ustinov

Another Russian Giant Is Coming: Alexander Ustinov

By Paul McCreath - As if the towering presence of Nicolay Valuev is not enough to scare off a lot of heavyweights now we have another Russian giant on the way. This one is not quite as large as Big Nic but at 6 foot 7and 1/2 inches tall and around 300 pounds he will do. At that size Alex Ustinov is probably the second biggest heavyweight in the world. There are probably several lower level heavies who are a bit taller and of course Butterbean is heavier but for all around size I think Alex is second only to Valuev.

Now of course size is not everything in boxing.We have had several really big men in recent years who fell considerably short in the skills department. The name Tye Fields comes to mind as one with which most of you will be familiar . The majority of big men have the same problems. They tend to be slow and usually don't punch their weight. If truth be told a lot of them can't fight a lick and rely only on their size and strength to roll through the soft touches before being flattened by their first talented opponent.. Still we have to admit that if all other things are equal that a good big man will usually defeat a good smaller one.

A man the size of Alex Ustinov is pretty hard to ignore but is he for real? It is impossible to say for sure at this early date but let us look at a few facts before we try to make a prediction on what his future may bring. Alex was born in Postovo in Russia in 1976 and will turn 32 in December.He now lives in Minsk in Belarus and has had 12 pro fights, all wins with 10 KOs. He is with the Klitschko brothers promotional team K-2 East but earlier in his career he fought under the guidance of the controversial Ahmet Oener for a time. Oddly enough although he is a Russian he has never fought as a pro in his homeland of Russia .He has appeared 4 times in Germany, 3 times in Belarus, twice in Ukraine, once in Czech Republic, once in Madison Square Garden in New York and this past weekend fought in China. He clearly gets around, thanks I am sure to his connection with the Klitschkos. Although 32 is a bit old for a prospect in this day of 40 year old contenders his age is unlikely to be a problem.

Unlike most big men who enter boxing Alex has a solid background in combat sports. He was an outstanding fighter in K-1 or Muay Thai and won both the IFMA and WFCA world championships in 2006 when he was already beginning his pro boxing career that started in May of 2005. He has also won several other major kickboxing tournaments. In MMA he has won all six bouts, 5 by KO. This is one tough guy. I have seen some of his fights and he appears to be much more aggressive than Valuev and packs good power. His chin seems very solid and he has been tested many times. This is one cause for worry. His defense definitely needs more work but he is faster than one would expect for such a big man. When hit with a solid blow he does not hold but goes on a furious attack.

Alex began his pro career with 8 strait KOs with the last one coming in New York against trial horse Earl Ladson in 1 round on the Wlad Klitschko-Ibragimov undercard. He followed that with an 8 round decision over tricky veteran journeyman Sedreck Fields in Ukraine. Next up was his toughest test so far,another undefeated Russian Rudolf Abramyan who came in at 11-0 with 10 KOs. This fight also went the full 8 with another win for Alex. In his last fight this past Saturday he disposed of Brazilian punching bag Daniel Bispo in 2 rounds in China.

It should be clear that Ustinov is not about to break into the top 20 any time soon. In spite off dissenting opinions by some experts I believe there are lots of heavyweights who could beat Alex right now. It is going to take some time before Alex is ready for world class foes. My guess is about two years but in the meantime it is going to be fun to watch his progress. Don't expect any quick miracles. Remember it took Valuev around ten years to make his breakthrough. With Alex it will depend a lot on his ability to learn new skills as he gains more experience. The next few years should be very interesting for Alex Ustinov and heavyweight boxing fans.

Last edited by WLAD OWNS; 08-27-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Mr. Ryan

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 119,962,335,031.96
Total Points: 120,982,492,244.99
20,000 posts!  Well done. - abosworth good shit, folks. You folks with Ouma, then you my folks. Congrats Asain. Keep on doing what you do, bud. - sweet pea 50 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez Give me 10k, PLEASE! - ЯiZO Congrats on your nomination bro.  Great job. - MELLY-MEL... 
Only for you.. - MassageQueen just for being you ;) - Massage Queen One Of Boxingscene finest... Hmm i almost forgot hook me some of your good K mate... Hehehe Thanks advance FROM: - FasTHarD Just because you're the shit!! - Massage Queen Once again, thanks for what you did for me. And keep up the good work. - The_Bringer 
Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen this one is for your website. btw, i signed your guestbook. good job pre :fing02: - Talisayen For all your great work! - jazluvr For your accomplishments! - jazluvr beer after job well done - led 
congrats!!! - TBear seen your article in Ring! - TBear Merry Christmas Ryan - TBear good to see you back - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Ryan Send a message via MSN to Mr. Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Ryan

Just the slightest hint of a paunch

Old 08-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Machine Gunz
Contender

Total Points: 87,896.28
Here is a gift 4 a stand up guy or girl.....!! - bearman3000 

i think i seen this guy on the klitschko/thompson undercard. a huge guy, very aggressive
Old 08-27-2008, 08:18 PM
WLAD OWNS
World Heavyweight Champ

Rep Power: 0 WLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond reputeWLAD OWNS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 450,326.40
Best Poster on Boxingscene! - Tunney Wlad is gonna destroy Thompson - Mike Tyson77 Peace Offering - DWiens421 WLAD OWNS! - T-97 To Abraham! - Mike Tyson77 
Wlad TKO11 Thompson!!!!!!!!! - Mike Tyson77 Another KO win for Wlad! - Tunney Great win! - !! Mr. Soprano Even MiVidaLoca will look like Lucy Pinder after a beer, try it. - KESSLER No Message - texanballer 
No Message - texanballer Vitali Klitschko! - Tunney Vitali and Wlad are CHAMPS - Welter_Skelter Cheers to Vitali! - Mike Tyson77 

Alexander Ustinov

6'8 290 lbs

Boxing record: 12-0 10 KO's

MMA Record: 6-0 5 KO's

World Champion in Muay Thai and K-1

Ustinov is a big tough dude...It will be interesting to see how he does.

Last edited by WLAD OWNS; 08-27-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Sociopath
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 11 Sociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond reputeSociopath has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,029,686.71

Yea he's flabby just like Valuev.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
MELLY-MEL...
Broken, Beat, Scarred

Rep Power: 37 MELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond reputeMELLY-MEL... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 84,707,743,213,587.61
Total Points: 84,708,743,850,929.38
Cheers mate I made it to 100 replies, thanks for posting... - D E M Dz A Back to another qulity poster :-) - deanrw Thanks for the rundown on the Bute, Andrade fight. - ABOSWORTH 7k partayyyyyy!!!!!! - R!ZO Here's a sex on the beach to celebrate 7K posts! - Chunk 
Congrats, brother!  7K. - Bendigo Let me buy you a coffee Mel! - danc1984 here you go you little trick - KingArthur Vanes Martirosyan KO1 P-Will and Margarito - KOTheFat 8K Posts - Welter_Skelter 
For when you get older and you can't keep up with all them hos anymore.LOL  Happy 8K buddy! - ABOSWORTH Congrats On The 8k Posts - MindBat 8k posts! - Equilibrium 8k posts bro! - danc1984 8,000 quality contributions, son. - The_Bringer 
8k strong! - riz ! oh ? Yo Mel have a drink on me homey - mangler thanks mel! - Makavelli Been here, for a while, and never really told you how good a poster you are. - ADDICT Have some of that and make the broad happy!!! - Jedi Vader 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Melly-Mel Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZO AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

he is a big boy for sure. interested to see how he does.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Mr. Ryan

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 119,962,335,031.96
Total Points: 120,982,492,244.99
20,000 posts!  Well done. - abosworth good shit, folks. You folks with Ouma, then you my folks. Congrats Asain. Keep on doing what you do, bud. - sweet pea 50 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez Give me 10k, PLEASE! - ЯiZO Congrats on your nomination bro.  Great job. - MELLY-MEL... 
Only for you.. - MassageQueen just for being you ;) - Massage Queen One Of Boxingscene finest... Hmm i almost forgot hook me some of your good K mate... Hehehe Thanks advance FROM: - FasTHarD Just because you're the shit!! - Massage Queen Once again, thanks for what you did for me. And keep up the good work. - The_Bringer 
Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen this one is for your website. btw, i signed your guestbook. good job pre :fing02: - Talisayen For all your great work! - jazluvr For your accomplishments! - jazluvr beer after job well done - led 
congrats!!! - TBear seen your article in Ring! - TBear Merry Christmas Ryan - TBear good to see you back - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Ryan Send a message via MSN to Mr. Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunney View Post
It's good to see he signed with K-2.

He'll be wisely promoted - his best interests will be considered. Ohner would just have used him to make a fast buck.
I question the crossover ability of anyone who started out in MMA. Boxing is just something completely different, especially when you don't have an amateur background. Look at Valuev, he's huge but he had a very good amateur background.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:49 PM
AntonTheMeh
NSB, DKSAB....

Rep Power: 59 AntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,176,361,393.08
That RJJ clip... LMAOOOOO - sweet pea 50 Hard cold cash. - Hard Dick thx man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Miller Time - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Old Coward 
solid posts mate - Alx. have a sneakers homie - Warrios or have a snickers lol - Warrios 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

i bet he's a four round fighter.tye fields would wax that ass.

Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 08-27-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,259,639,550.99
Total Points: 3,269,761,643.11
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

I watched him and he looked terrible to me. Pretty much highlights everything that is wrong with HW boxing at the moment.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Derranged
New York City sucks

Rep Power: 169 Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,656,275,340,162.89
Total Points: 15,766,331,160,676.11
merry xmas - Subtraction No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest BURRRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 
Beer bro! - led Thread of the year- &quot;Drunk Lang&quot; - BostonGuy If u delete this, ur gay !! - wazaa. *mwah* - led Merry Christmas - Flab 
Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* 
Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

And Im sure you and your asspacker Tunney already jerked off to that picture together countless times.