Chuck Liddell looks to remain in UFC another "two to four years" - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 08-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Palma
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20 Palma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,955.49
Total Points: 558,097.32
Default Chuck Liddell looks to remain in UFC another "two to four years"

Chuck Liddell looks to remain in UFC another "two to four years"

Chris Insinna

Although Chuck Liddell (21-5 MMA, 16-4 UFC) may have lost two of his previous three fights and be turning 39 years old this December, don't expect the 10-year UFC veteran to be calling it quits anytime soon.

The ex-UFC-light-heavyweight champion said he still has a few years left while a guest of "The Lights Out Show" on the TAGG Radio Network (www.taggradio.com)

"(I still have) two to four years depending on how my body's feeling," Liddell said. "I'm hoping in two years I'll still be saying 'two to four years.' I still feel like fighting now and my body is still working now."

While many of the sport's newer fighters enjoy moving from camp to camp in order to evolve their techniques, Liddell feels he has been served well by remaining with John Hackleman at The Pit throughout his career.

"We have people come in and train with us," Liddell explained. "And I work out with different people from time to time. But changing actual camps all the time, and doing that travelling thing, I don't think that's advantageous."

Another growing trend among today's fighters is the choice to bounce from organization to organization in order to seek out the highest pay. While several contenders such as EliteXC and Affliction would certainly love to have the exposure "The Iceman" would bring to their organization, the veteran of 20 UFC fights feels comfortable remaining with the UFC.

"The UFC has been very good to me, and I don't see me fighting anywhere else," Liddell said. "At this point they have all the best fighters in my weight, so that's where I want to be. I'm trying to prove I'm the best at what I do. That's what I'm out there doing. So I don't see me changing anytime soon."

And though speculation continues to grow around a possible move to heavyweight, Liddell feels there are still too many quality opponents in his own division to set his sights on another.

"Going up (in weight) is always a possibility," Liddell admitted. "But there's still a few guys I need to fight at my weight. And until then I'm not going to worry about going up or down.

"I've thought about (moving to heavyweight) before, but until I get done with some of the things I want to get done at light-heavyweight it doesn't make sense to move."

And with Liddell's UFC 88 main-event clash with undefeated Rashad Evans looming just two weeks away, the 38-year-old understands the importance of victory. And with a win Liddell feels a title show should follow.

"I think I have a good chance (for a title shot) after this fight," Liddell said. "I need to go out and win, and win impressively. And then I think it would make sense."

Liddell also discussed his thoughts about his previously-scheduled bout with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, his opinion of Lyoto Machida, and why he feels his style has been so successful in the UFC. To hear the full interview download Thursday's edition of "The Lights Out Show," available for free in the TAGG Radio Network archives.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-24-2008, 12:31 PM
MJ406
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19 MJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 118,816.00

And with Liddell's UFC 88 main-event clash with undefeated Rashad Evans looming just two weeks away, the 38-year-old understands the importance of victory. And with a win Liddell feels a title show should follow.

it will follow, just watch.

but 4 more years? damn those "Im gonna knock him out in the 1st or 2nd round" pre promo videos are going to get awfully lame. if they haven't already that is.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Cocky Cockney
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Cocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond reputeCocky Cockney has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,573.39

"I'm hoping in two years I'll still be saying 'two to four years.'

so he thinks he could be fighting for another 6 years?

Hell if he keeps winning I hope he does stick around.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:57 PM
MJ406
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19 MJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 118,816.00

Hell if he keeps winning I hope he does stick around.[/QUOTE]

well there are still A LOT of names Liddell can fight ... plus those Rampage and Jardine loses still remain undefeated.

after 88 most likely he'll be facing Forrest for the Title.

but that move up to Heavy I'd to say as unlikely ... unless Lesnar can win the Belt i see Chuck staying at Light Heavy and eventually facing Rampage, Wanderlei or Machida

cuz he will get the next title shot, I'd be shocked if it went any other way.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:37 AM
number6
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 number6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond reputenumber6 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 163,172.96
Total Points: 270,040.43

I dont think he has 4 years of fighting left in him, 3 or 4 more fights and that will be him done.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:29 PM
ABOSWORTH
Fυck ESB

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Rep Power: 299 ABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond reputeABOSWORTH has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 117,959,789,203,445,808.00
Total Points: 117,959,789,212,433,136.00
Look!! Up in the sky!!...It's a bird!!...It's a plane!... - Bendigo A - S a m u r a i B - S a m u r a i O - S a m u r a i S - S a m u r a i 
! - S a m u r a i ! - S a m u r a i LOL - S a m u r a i 3 More... - S a m u r a i And... - S a m u r a i 
I'm done. - S a m u r a i cheers! - -PedoBear- Thanks for helping me out! - Stoppage - Stoppage No Message - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- 
Respect to a true gent. - S a m u r a i No Message - -veteran420- A superman for the superman homie, take care you smart mothafukker - Tha_Greatest Thanks for the points champ. - Rip Chudd Happy Belated birthday - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Childhood Cancer - D.I.E.S.E.L Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Breakbeat 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BattlingNelson Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NewYork Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RED ARMY 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Jackal Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ИATAS206 

He should retire IMO. He has a few fights left but definitely not 4 years of fights..

Share This With Friends

Tags
"two, chuck, liddell, remain, years"

User Tag List