Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Hip Hop Forum
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2008, 10:17 PM
sisforshaq
The CEO of the Scene

Rep Power: 80 sisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,125,054.76
Total Points: 21,170,799.96
4k posts. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Default 2008's Rank Em' and Predict Em'

I named majority of the releases so far this year (left out a few you can add if you wish to your lists). But name the Top 5 Albums of the Year so far in order.

Rank Em'

Albums Released

Rick Ross- Trilla
The Roots- Rising Down
Lil Wayne- Tha Carter III
Snoop Dogg- Ego Trippin
The Game- LAX
Nas- Untitled
Gnarls Barkley- The Odd Couple
Bun B- II Trill
G-Unit- Terminate On Site
Prodigy- HNIC 2
Clipse- The Re-Up Gang
Yung Berg- Look What You Made Me
Plies- Definition of Real
Ice Cube- Raw Footage
Flo-Rida- Mail On Sunday
N.E.R.D- Seeing Sounds
David Banner- The Greatest Story Ever Told
Three Six Mafia- Last 2 Walk

Part 2

Predict which of the following albums will be great pieces of work and which will either flop or be just average.

Predict Em'

T.I.- Paper Trail
Young Jeezy- The Recession
Dr. Dre- Detox
T-Pain- Thr33 Ringz
Jay-Z - The Blueprint III
Plies- Definition (yes he has another album slated to drop in December)
Murs- Murs For President

You can add ones I didn't list if you wish..
Old 08-17-2008, 10:35 PM
sisforshaq
The CEO of the Scene

Rep Power: 80 sisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond reputesisforshaq has a reputation beyond repute

Top 5 Albums of 2008 (So Far)

5. Plies- The Definition of Real- Not long along I bashed this album and passed it off as a piece of trash but after a friend had me DL it, I was shocked when I came out of the listening session enjoying it. Maybe because I lived in Orlando this past year and that grimey rap grew on me, or maybe I'm just a sucker for tight production but either way I came out enjoying this album. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think Plies is a good MC in the least bit, but he came alright on some tracks. The production is solid all the way through and at times Plies over the top, disgusting rhymes, actually amuse me and make me play the track back. By the end of the year, I expect this to be out of my Top 5 but we'll see if Plies can keep his place on my list.

Tracks To DL- "Watch Dis", "Feel Like ****in", "Dat *****"

4. Rick Ross- Trilla- Personally I don't give a **** if Ross was a CO or not, this album achieved what his first didn't it had a balance to it and gave you a complete piece of work. Trilla felt like a play on the Scarface movie, it had that black mafia drug feel to it, blended with tight synths and heavy drums the production was unique and perfect for his style. Stand outs how to have been "Maybach Music" and "Billionaire". Overall Trilla was a dope effort from Miami's finest.

Tracks to DL- "Maybach Music", "Billionaire", "Luxury Tax"

3. The Game- LAX- My top 3 is tough for me because I really enjoyed each of the albums I'll list. LAX is Game at his finest. He finally proves he doesn't need the good Doctor behind the boards to make a complete awesome album. Great production throughout mixed with really nice guest spots (Raekwon, Ludacris, Ice Cube, Lil Wayne, Raheem Devaughn, Common, Ne-Yo, Nasty Nas). I really think this record will stay in rotation for a while and proves to me Game is an artist to be reckoned with.

Tracks to DL- "Money", " "Angel feat. Common", "Letter To The King feat. Nas"

(I love a lot more of the tracks , just named 3 that stood out for me.)

2. Nas- Untitled- Nas is a poet/ MC, and proves once again he is brilliant. Untitled was one of the most fantastic listens I've had in a few years. I just think Nas put so much into this record and I appreciate it. Great piece of work, and one that will last the test of time.

Tracks To DL - "Testify", "Sly Fox", "Queens Get The Money"

1. Lil Wayne- Tha Carter III- I may the the bold one to over step Esco's classic but I loved this album. The braindead, lyrical crazy word play of Wayne took me to another part of hip hop. From his blackout over A Milli, to his concept of Dr.Carter, Wayne was all over the place in a good way. This is by far Wayne's best album and has established the return of hip hop sales. I can't stop the rotation of this record.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:46 PM
KILLA RIGHT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 KILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,922,855.87
A toast to another Cotto victory! - The Surgeon 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

If ob4cl pt 2 comes out it will kill all these albums
Old 08-18-2008, 12:06 AM
th4l3pr3ch4un
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 th4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 38,100,627.77
Total Points: 38,278,831.35
Fuck Boston! - MizzzouMan You handled yourself admirably my friend!  I'm sorry you had to go through that but it will just make you stronger! - ABOSWORTH Thanks, man! - Bendigo 
Send a message via AIM to th4l3pr3ch4un

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisforshaq View Post
Top 5 Albums of 2008 (So Far)

5. Plies- The Definition of Real- Not long along I bashed this album and passed it off as a piece of trash but after a friend had me DL it, I was shocked when I came out of the listening session enjoying it. Maybe because I lived in Orlando this past year and that grimey rap grew on me, or maybe I'm just a sucker for tight production but either way I came out enjoying this album. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think Plies is a good MC in the least bit, but he came alright on some tracks. The production is solid all the way through and at times Plies over the top, disgusting rhymes, actually amuse me and make me play the track back. By the end of the year, I expect this to be out of my Top 5 but we'll see if Plies can keep his place on my list.

Tracks To DL- "Watch Dis", "Feel Like ****in", "Dat *****"

4. Rick Ross- Trilla- Personally I don't give a **** if Ross was a CO or not, this album achieved what his first didn't it had a balance to it and gave you a complete piece of work. Trilla felt like a play on the Scarface movie, it had that black mafia drug feel to it, blended with tight synths and heavy drums the production was unique and perfect for his style. Stand outs how to have been "Maybach Music" and "Billionaire". Overall Trilla was a dope effort from Miami's finest.

Tracks to DL- "Maybach Music", "Billionaire", "Luxury Tax"

3. The Game- LAX- My top 3 is tough for me because I really enjoyed each of the albums I'll list. LAX is Game at his finest. He finally proves he doesn't need the good Doctor behind the boards to make a complete awesome album. Great production throughout mixed with really nice guest spots (Raekwon, Ludacris, Ice Cube, Lil Wayne, Raheem Devaughn, Common, Ne-Yo, Nasty Nas). I really think this record will stay in rotation for a while and proves to me Game is an artist to be reckoned with.

Tracks to DL- "Money", " "Angel feat. Common", "Letter To The King feat. Nas"

(I love a lot more of the tracks , just named 3 that stood out for me.)

2. Nas- Untitled- Nas is a poet/ MC, and proves once again he is brilliant. Untitled was one of the most fantastic listens I've had in a few years. I just think Nas put so much into this record and I appreciate it. Great piece of work, and one that will last the test of time.

Tracks To DL - "Testify", "Sly Fox", "Queens Get The Money"

1. Lil Wayne- Tha Carter III- I may the the bold one to over step Esco's classic but I loved this album. The braindead, lyrical crazy word play of Wayne took me to another part of hip hop. From his blackout over A Milli, to his concept of Dr.Carter, Wayne was all over the place in a good way. This is by far Wayne's best album and has established the return of hip hop sales. I can't stop the rotation of this record.

Very on point my dude.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:45 AM
sisforshaq
The CEO of the Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post
Very on point my dude.
Appreciate it.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:19 AM
flipside
Lahing Mandirigma

Rep Power: 21517 flipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond reputeflipside has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,778,948,431.02
Total Points: 13,779,135,485.84
thanks for the karma - Savino gracias - Mr._Pink 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink 

so far i have

eMC
nas
carter 3

i havent listened to LAX yet
Old 08-18-2008, 06:27 AM
KILLA RIGHT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 KILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,922,855.87
A toast to another Cotto victory! - The Surgeon 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

hip hop is a joke if wayne ross and plies are dropping the best albums...How did hip hop get so bad man
Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Floyd Sinclair
UNDEFEATED

Rep Power: 20 Floyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,840,414.70
Total Points: 27,340,163.19
The Gold Mac is that dude...respect him. - TRUTH Thanks for sending me albums...i sent this to myself by accident  lol - TRUTH Good Game - ??? Congrats at 1K. - Bendigo 1K Posts! - T-97 
1k post celebration.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Best New Poster Of The Year 2008 - RJJ The Truth your name is gold mac, your are the man!!! whats up with all these questions about your plans!!! Lincoln roll call!! lol remember from he got game? haha - RJJ The Truth have a Dilla Donut, my dude - el guason456 Great post on Jay-Z in the unpopular opinions thread - RJJ The Truth 
Happy b-day................... - lefhooktodabody Happy birthday b. **cam'ron voice** lol tried to get a cake, shit was out of stock. my bad - RJJ The Truth Happy-B day - megadude A Slice of Uno Pizza for that mix... - Truth nice argument....:D - Truth 
BoxingScene's King.... - Truth ya dig? - Truth Good looking out with the X tracks - Grand Champ 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - TRUTH World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Truth Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

6. G-unit TOS - The beats were real nice on this album and so was lloyd banks...with the exception of 2 or 3 songs this album is one dimensional
5. Prodigy HNIC 2 - P stepped it up over the past 2 years. He showed some versatility not just rapping about killing but also rapping about the illuminati
4. Gza Pro Tools - Gza came sharp and creative as always on this
3. Ice Cube Raw Footage - Showed hes still one of the best gangsta rappers....20 years later
2. Lil Wayne Carter 3 - Hate to put it up this high but wayne showed more versatility then my other picks and the beats were nice
1. Nas Untitled - A concept cd with great lyrics. Too good not to have at #1

The only future releases i care about are BP3 and Detox as of right now...unless cormega, raekwon, or ghostface decides to drop by the end of the year.

I think BP3 and Detox will both be very good albums but not classics....4.5/5

I Dont really listen to Murs but i should check that out