Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Texasboy34
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Texasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond reputeTexasboy34 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 113,636.51
Default North Texas school district will let teachers carry guns

HARROLD, Texas A tiny Texas school district may be the first in the nation to allow teachers and staff to pack guns for protection when classes begin later this month, a newspaper reported.

Trustees at the Harrold Independent School District approved a district policy change last October so employees can carry concealed firearms to deter and protect against school shootings, provided the gun-toting teachers follow certain requirements.

In order for teachers and staff to carry a pistol, they must have a Texas license to carry a concealed handgun; must be authorized to carry by the district; must receive training in crisis management and hostile situations and have to use ammunition that is designed to minimize the risk of ricochet in school halls.

Superintendent David Thweatt said the small community is a 30-minute drive from the sheriff's office, leaving students and teachers without protection. He said the district's lone campus sits 500 feet from heavily trafficked U.S. 287, which could make it a target.

"When the federal government started making schools gun-free zones, that's when all of these shootings started. Why would you put it out there that a group of people can't defend themselves? That's like saying 'sic 'em' to a dog," Thweatt said in Friday's online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Thweatt said officials researched the policy and considered other options for about a year before approving the policy change. He said the district also has various other security measures in place to prevent a school shooting.

"The naysayers think (a shooting) won't happen here. If something were to happen here, I'd much rather be calling a parent to tell them that their child is OK because we were able to protect them," Thweatt said.

Texas law outlaws firearms on school campuses "unless pursuant to the written regulations or written authorization of the institution."

It was unclear how many of the 50 or so teachers and staff members will be armed this fall because Thweatt did not disclose that information, to keep it from students or potential attackers. Wilbarger County Sheriff Larry Lee was out of the office Thursday and did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment, the newspaper said.

Barbara Williams, a spokeswoman for the Texas Association of School Boards, said her organization did not know of another district with such a policy. Ken Trump, a Cleveland-based school security expert who advises districts nationwide, including in Texas, said Harrold is the first district with such a policy.

The 110-student district is 150 miles northwest of Fort Worth on the eastern end of Wilbarger County, near the Oklahoma border.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:00 PM
SonnyG8R
Crazy Diamond

Rep Power: 21518 SonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 185,239,349.16
Total Points: 2,189,715,470.88
I can't give out more K, so here's a beer ! - KESSLER A sweet Gift my man. - Hard Dick Thanks for the green - TheGoldenSnake Cheers - woftam Shine on you crazy diamond. - Jambo Boy 
So you can fuck your gay racist ass. - mickey gomez Enjoy bud! Happy Holidays!!! - mishka80 4 Being the Orignal Founder of the Green spread Karma Thread! - The Gully Gad I got you a present - ??? For when the G-Men eventually lose. - jack_the_rippuh 
all i can do - BAD-BOY Cool cat, ambassador of green K - mangler A drink for the man - mangler Good/great elder members need more gifts! - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 

That is great. As a former teacher in an inner city school I can tell you that teachers are at constant risk and many times administrators are too afraid to do a thing.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
2501 v2.0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 82,151.87
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua 

YEHAAWWW BUBBA!!!! dont **** with texas
Old 08-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Sweet Pea 50
The toilet store.

Rep Power: 470 Sweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Pea 50 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 151,805,460,157,134.84
Total Points: 218,031,233,637,005.56
Im still drinkin, friendo - Mike Tyson77 Pea :luvbed: - Bossy you are a legend and a great poster, cool to see you posting again , lol, peace - Tha_Greatest didn't mean to red k you. here's a pepsi. i like your blue pitts, i have one myself. - I'm so sorry Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas bro. Party it up and surround yourself with loved ones. - deanrw Happy Holidays Sweet Pea 50 - !! AI-Holmes!! gr8 poster. - TartanSoldier Great poster - E.P.T. Car junkie!! - ABOSWORTH 
Cheers for the 30k - led* 30,000 post...congratulations - jose830 E-40 reference in your location - DonMega 32,000 and 1 - -jose- one all the way - -jose- 
32,000 - JonoYoungP4P the man with the plan - WARQUEZ thanks for the trillions! - JD Salinger No Message - led Cheers - DonMega 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Hepatitis C - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Makavelli Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Makavelli 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Makavelli Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Childhood Cancer - Makavelli Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Makavelli 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Makavelli Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Makavelli 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Makavelli Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Carnivore Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - street bully Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

"I SAID NO GUM IN CLASS!" Bang....
Old 08-15-2008, 03:08 PM
BrooklynBomber
Bi-furious.

Rep Power: 602 BrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 193,125,803,856.77
Total Points: 194,171,050,503.62
a toast to all the excitement bernard hopkins has gifted the world...... - Left Hook Tua The meaning of life, Brook. Thats what is in this box. Who can beat that gift? Thats what I thought... - K-Nan 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink 

Cool, that's just ****ing cool, you gonna give guns to the most obnoxious, self-centered, inadequate and intolerant people in the world, the school teachers.

Last edited by BrooklynBomber; 08-15-2008 at 03:23 PM..
Old 08-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Mr. Ryan

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 127,304,989,634.59
Total Points: 128,325,159,648.62
20,000 posts!  Well done. - abosworth good shit, folks. You folks with Ouma, then you my folks. Congrats Asain. Keep on doing what you do, bud. - sweet pea 50 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez Give me 10k, PLEASE! - ЯiZO Congrats on your nomination bro.  Great job. - MELLY-MEL... 
Only for you.. - MassageQueen just for being you ;) - Massage Queen One Of Boxingscene finest... Hmm i almost forgot hook me some of your good K mate... Hehehe Thanks advance FROM: - FasTHarD Just because you're the shit!! - Massage Queen Once again, thanks for what you did for me. And keep up the good work. - The_Bringer 
Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen this one is for your website. btw, i signed your guestbook. good job pre :fing02: - Talisayen For all your great work! - jazluvr For your accomplishments! - jazluvr beer after job well done - led 
congrats!!! - TBear seen your article in Ring! - TBear Merry Christmas Ryan - TBear good to see you back - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Ryan Send a message via MSN to Mr. Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Barrett View Post
That is great. As a former teacher in an inner city school I can tell you that teachers are at constant risk and many times administrators are too afraid to do a thing.
I agree there. The teachers most of the times are the biggest punks in school. The reason I picked up boxing was because the teachers were too scared to put the kids in their place who were bullying me. I started boxing, whooped people's asses, and the teachers never got their hands dirty.

I even had teachers giving me props for whooping kid's asses in school, like I was their hero or something LOL.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:24 PM
abadger
Real Talk

Rep Power: 22 abadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 380,808.07
Total Points: 618,410.26
You're a good poster! - Tunney The brains of the outfit - Chunk Cheers, Calzaghe PWNED the yank, lacy-calzaghe all over again HAHA - ~Lucky13~ It's gonna be a long night tonight! - BatTheMan Top allround poster! Pizza owns! - KrisSilver 
For you and Joe - MizzzouMan 3K posts - T-97 cheers abadger we debate back and fourth and its good banter we dont have to always agree i respect your opinion though - Terrible... Thank you - boxing_prospect Great Poster - Dorian 
4k bro - Melly-Mel please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua freedom to the cornish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Left Hook Tua Thanks for the endless help champ.   I owe you one. - Spiegelo Help you stay up - T-97 
Welcome back abadger!!! - abosworth No Message - T-97 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Posters - mickey gomez 

I would love to live in a country where people don't feel safe in a semi-public place unless they are armed. Love it.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:30 PM
j.razor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 j.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these partsj.razor is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 17,040.01

i dont know but there are alot of p*ssys wit a gun cuz they cant fight or take an ass kickin like a man, as 4 hunters, what da **** we dont need 2 hunt any more...b a man! bare hands!!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:01 PM
2501 v2.0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute2501 v2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 82,151.87
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadger View Post
I would love to live in a country where people don't feel safe in a semi-public place unless they are armed. Love it.

happened 3 days ago. my cousin was driving back to his crib and these dudes pulled up and started blasting at his car with a 12. i think they were trying to scare him.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:08 PM
LongCount
Banned

Total Points: 12,041.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Wilson 50 View Post
"I SAID NO GUM IN CLASS!" Bang....
OK...now if there are six bullets in the gun and I shoot Tommy twice...once in the chest and once in the head...how many bullets are left?