Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > The Limey Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: He is a natural left winger
And has the best left foot in Premiership 1 16.67%
He has a great left foot and can help giove width and win the EPL 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2008, 10:06 AM
DURAN_IS_GOD
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 DURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond reputeDURAN_IS_GOD has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 204,231.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane72 View Post
Personally I think it's probably more exciting supporting a team that will go up and down the divisions than a premiership team that is consistantly stuck mid table.
very true... my best mates all support west brom and for the past 5 seasons they've been on tenter hooks towards the end of their campaigns regardless of their division.... i've had to sit there whilst villa get a comfortable 12/13th place and our season fizzles out. boring
Old 02-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Flab
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Flab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,217,401,369.50
Total Points: 21,217,504,690.82
happy birthday! - led wanking material ;) - -veteran420- You're freeeeeeeeeeeeee! - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* And a Happy New Year, innit. - Southpaw Stinger 
Merry christmas too! - led left over chunk cake for you for christmas :) - - v e t - Merry Christmas bro. lol - F l i c k e r Happy  new year! - Sir TomJones Have a good'en big lad - El Fenomeno 
merry chirstmas flabby! - dj emzz Great guy! - led Feliz Navidad - El Mustang happy hols, daddy Flab :) - STONES! Feliz Navidad! - MANIAC310 
merry x mas - MARKBNLV In b4 it sells out- Happy New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy new year! - Toney Loc Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Raider Monkz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Raider Monkz Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Scat Man Head and Neck Cancer - Raider Monkz Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - -veteran420- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane72 View Post
Personally I think it's probably more exciting supporting a team that will go up and down the divisions than a premiership team that is consistantly stuck mid table.
It's more exciting supporting Newcastle than any other team! I used to be a villa fan when I lived in Bromsgrove, but then I chose to support Newcastle instead.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
.Mik.
I'm a fucking caveman!

Rep Power: 32 .Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 309.83
Total Points: 47,240.71
Send a message via MSN to .Mik. Send a message via Yahoo to .Mik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiZOOM View Post
All that money Sunderland spent and they are still battling to stay up.
Perfect Newcastle post mate.

Of course, whats funnier is that you've spent all that kind of money EVERY season for about 10 years now (as opposed to us FINALLY spending decent money)...and how much better off are you? A couple of points that could well be overhauled this weekend. You must be so proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
Why do you think 1 random person can talk for the thousands of Newcastle fans out there?
Because I speak to hundreds of Newcastle fans in my profession. So unless you want to start another cyclical argument of "From my experience Newcastle fans are deluded..." "...Well from my experience they arent", leave it out. Of course, I like that you completely over-ruled a North East poll I mentioned, taking in the opinions of thousands of season ticket holders. Tell you what, you go on a couple of Newcastle forums, check back to the start of the season with Big Sam bringing in the glory days, brand new owner, loads of money spent and you see where the majority of them said that they EXPECTED to finish up. I'd wager massively that its closer to 1st place than it is to their current position.

Quote:
It's more exciting supporting Newcastle than any other team! I used to be a villa fan when I lived in Bromsgrove, but then I chose to support Newcastle instead.
Aye? Wonder when that was. Probably during the first Keegan era when it looked like you would see some glory days. Joke fan.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Flab
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Flab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond repute
happy birthday! - led wanking material ;) - -veteran420- You're freeeeeeeeeeeeee! - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* And a Happy New Year, innit. - Southpaw Stinger 
Merry christmas too! - led left over chunk cake for you for christmas :) - - v e t - Merry Christmas bro. lol - F l i c k e r Happy  new year! - Sir TomJones Have a good'en big lad - El Fenomeno 
merry chirstmas flabby! - dj emzz Great guy! - led Feliz Navidad - El Mustang happy hols, daddy Flab :) - STONES! Feliz Navidad! - MANIAC310 
merry x mas - MARKBNLV In b4 it sells out- Happy New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy new year! - Toney Loc Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Raider Monkz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Raider Monkz Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Scat Man Head and Neck Cancer - Raider Monkz Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - -veteran420- 

I became a fan in 1992-93 when Villa finished 2nd and Newcastle were still in First Division.

Newcastle spent about 20M in the summer, Sunderland spent over 30. Spending 9M on a **** keeper was a bit over the top if you ask me.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:05 PM
.Mik.
I'm a fucking caveman!

Rep Power: 32 .Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 309.83
Total Points: 47,240.71
Send a message via MSN to .Mik. Send a message via Yahoo to .Mik.

25 year old keeper who is still rated by almost everyone in the game as having one of the brightest futures around.

***163;20m this summer. How much last summer? How much the summer before? And the summer before? If you want to compare spending mate, the only clubs you can talk to is Chelsea and Man United. We're not even in the top 20 over the last decade or so. Not to mention the fact that I consider your figures to be rather dubious. Nor to mention that much of our '***163;30m' was spent on young players like Jones, Gordon, Richardson. Look who you lot blow the big bucks on, Michael Owen (has he scored double figures for you yet? Has he PLAYED double figures for you yet?), Viduka, Smith, Barton.

Joke club.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Flab
Banned

25 yo keeper who let in 7 goals against Everton.

Newcastle sold players don't forget, Parker was sold for 7M, Dyer and Solano both sold to as well.

Also we brought in young players, with huge potential.

22 yo Jose Enrique for 6M and this January; Ben Tozer (17), Wesley Ngo Baheng (18) Tamas Kadar (17) Fabio Zamblera (17)

Fabio Zamblera is a 6'3 striker, a definite star for the future.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Jolly Roger
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Jolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,474.87
Total Points: 24,234.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mik. View Post
Because I speak to hundreds of Newcastle fans in my profession. So unless you want to start another cyclical argument of "From my experience Newcastle fans are deluded..." "...Well from my experience they arent", leave it out. Of course, I like that you completely over-ruled a North East poll I mentioned, taking in the opinions of thousands of season ticket holders. Tell you what, you go on a couple of Newcastle forums, check back to the start of the season with Big Sam bringing in the glory days, brand new owner, loads of money spent and you see where the majority of them said that they EXPECTED to finish up. I'd wager massively that its closer to 1st place than it is to their current position.
I post on nufc-online, the biggest nufc forum. The polls at the start of the season were generally predicting between 6th and 9th, and that was with pre-season optimism that all fans have. Most were saying they would be happy with a top half finish this year. Now ofcourse this hasn't happened, the season has been a disaster, but wanting a top half finish is not unreasonable.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Chunk..
Shot To Sh*t!

Rep Power: 100 Chunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,979,880,014,436.54
Total Points: 44,979,960,121,970.14
Dude this thread is just...LMAO! I'm reading page 5... - sweet pea 50 Pointless me drinking alone - hurricane72 Up your bum bum - Jamboboy For that Ric Flair video. IM DA CHAMP, HA HA WOOOOOOOOO - Sweet Pea 50 For being an all around good dude. - Shin Akuma 
on me buddy - Makavelli I love your Chunk cake! - ЯiZО for all those late night wanks - -veteran420- Professional Ice Cream - Loccy chunk cake fat boy - MANGLER 
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang smear it - Dick Buffman Chunk Cake!!! - -veteran420- merry xmas - Subtraction Apple time! - iBreakbeat 
cocktail hour - MANGLER Awww thanks, I don't mind. I made you a coco for being so kind :) - *Boss Lady* 38k post Chunk cake! - Flab I think I am going to take a long, long holiday from this site. - *Boss Lady* Enjoy that, it will NEVER happen again. - *Boss Lady* 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Chunk Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Chunk Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Mr._Pink Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - IncuFanovic Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MANGLER 

Quote:
25 yo keeper who let in 7 goals against Everton.

Newcastle sold players don't forget, Parker was sold for 7M, Dyer and Solano both sold to as well.

Also we brought in young players, with huge potential.

22 yo Jose Enrique for 6M and this January; Ben Tozer (17), Wesley Ngo Baheng (18) Tamas Kadar (17) Fabio Zamblera (17)

Fabio Zamblera is a 6'3 striker, a definite star for the future.
I'll have you know that we let in seven goals against Everton because our defence is ****, OK! Gorden's quality.

And giving Newcastle's history for spending millions on donkeys year in year out means you cant say **** all about our signings, this is the first time we've have spent big, remember that before you feel the right to take the piss.

How's Michael getting on, scoring the goals is he?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Jolly Roger
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Jolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,474.87
Total Points: 24,234.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
Chopra? You tell me.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Flab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
I'll have you know that we let in seven goals against Everton because our defence is ****, OK! Gorden's quality.

And giving Newcastle's history for spending millions on donkeys year in year out means you cant say **** all about our signings, this is the first time we've have spent big, remember that before you feel the right to take the piss.

Owen is doing good, how is that reject Chopra doing? is he banging in those goals for you?