Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > The Limey Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: He is a natural left winger
And has the best left foot in Premiership 1 16.67%
He has a great left foot and can help giove width and win the EPL 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
#131
Old 03-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Flab
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 6
Posts: 18,528
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 0 Flab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 106,683.32
Bank: 21,217,401,369.50
Total Points: 21,217,508,052.82
happy birthday! - led wanking material ;) - -veteran420- You're freeeeeeeeeeeeee! - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* And a Happy New Year, innit. - Southpaw Stinger 
Merry christmas too! - led left over chunk cake for you for christmas :) - - v e t - Merry Christmas bro. lol - F l i c k e r Happy  new year! - Sir TomJones Have a good'en big lad - El Fenomeno 
merry chirstmas flabby! - dj emzz Great guy! - led Feliz Navidad - El Mustang happy hols, daddy Flab :) - STONES! Feliz Navidad! - MANIAC310 
merry x mas - MARKBNLV In b4 it sells out- Happy New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy new year! - Toney Loc Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Raider Monkz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Raider Monkz Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Scat Man Head and Neck Cancer - Raider Monkz Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - -veteran420- 
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by col Blake View Post
NEWCASTLE United are hoping to tie up a £250,000 deal for Bournemouth’s exciting teenage striker Sam Vokes.
Aston Villa offering £6 to 8 m for Millner.
Millner out for 3 weeks.
Villa want Vokes too, I'm glad to see Newcastle looking to the future, Dennis Wise is doing a good job like I said he would.
Reply With Quote
Flab is offline
#132
Old 03-13-2008, 10:53 AM
col Blake
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wallsend
Age: 38
Posts: 3,269
Rep Power: 15 col Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 96,763.28
Bank: 243,369.22
Total Points: 340,132.51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiZOOM View Post
Villa want Vokes too, I'm glad to see Newcastle looking to the future, Dennis Wise is doing a good job like I said he would.
Kudos to Wise and the other two blokes, I might have to eat my words re Wise, seems he is doing a good job in getting the best talent in Europe and across the world.
Reply With Quote
col Blake is offline
#133
Old 03-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Flab
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 6
Posts: 18,528
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 0 Flab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 106,683.32
Bank: 21,217,401,369.50
Total Points: 21,217,508,052.82
happy birthday! - led wanking material ;) - -veteran420- You're freeeeeeeeeeeeee! - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* And a Happy New Year, innit. - Southpaw Stinger 
Merry christmas too! - led left over chunk cake for you for christmas :) - - v e t - Merry Christmas bro. lol - F l i c k e r Happy  new year! - Sir TomJones Have a good'en big lad - El Fenomeno 
merry chirstmas flabby! - dj emzz Great guy! - led Feliz Navidad - El Mustang happy hols, daddy Flab :) - STONES! Feliz Navidad! - MANIAC310 
merry x mas - MARKBNLV In b4 it sells out- Happy New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy new year! - Toney Loc Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Raider Monkz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Raider Monkz Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Scat Man Head and Neck Cancer - Raider Monkz Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - -veteran420- 
Default

Newcastle eyeing Marseille striker Cisse
tribalfooball.com - March 12, 2008

Newcastle United are eyeing Olympique Marseille striker Djibril Cisse.

Toon scouts watched Cisse in action last week against Zenit St Petersburg and manager Kevin Keegan knows the ex-Liverpool forward is keen to return to England.


I don't think Newcastle need another Michael Owen.
Reply With Quote
Flab is offline
#134
Old 03-13-2008, 12:17 PM
col Blake
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wallsend
Age: 38
Posts: 3,269
Rep Power: 15 col Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 96,763.28
Bank: 243,369.22
Total Points: 340,132.51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiZOOM View Post
Newcastle eyeing Marseille striker Cisse
tribalfooball.com - March 12, 2008

Newcastle United are eyeing Olympique Marseille striker Djibril Cisse.

Toon scouts watched Cisse in action last week against Zenit St Petersburg and manager Kevin Keegan knows the ex-Liverpool forward is keen to return to England.


I don't think Newcastle need another Michael Owen.
Cisse was a classy player a few years ago, but I haven't seen him since he broke his leg.
Reply With Quote
col Blake is offline
#135
Old 03-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Flab
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 6
Posts: 18,528
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 0 Flab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 106,683.32
Bank: 21,217,401,369.50
Total Points: 21,217,508,052.82
happy birthday! - led wanking material ;) - -veteran420- You're freeeeeeeeeeeeee! - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* And a Happy New Year, innit. - Southpaw Stinger 
Merry christmas too! - led left over chunk cake for you for christmas :) - - v e t - Merry Christmas bro. lol - F l i c k e r Happy  new year! - Sir TomJones Have a good'en big lad - El Fenomeno 
merry chirstmas flabby! - dj emzz Great guy! - led Feliz Navidad - El Mustang happy hols, daddy Flab :) - STONES! Feliz Navidad! - MANIAC310 
merry x mas - MARKBNLV In b4 it sells out- Happy New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy new year! - Toney Loc Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Raider Monkz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Raider Monkz Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Scat Man Head and Neck Cancer - Raider Monkz Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - -veteran420- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by col Blake View Post
Cisse was a classy player a few years ago, but I haven't seen him since he broke his leg.
He is a class player, but he keeps missing sitters... just like Michael Owen.
Reply With Quote
Flab is offline
#136
Old 03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
col Blake
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wallsend
Age: 38
Posts: 3,269
Rep Power: 15 col Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 96,763.28
Bank: 243,369.22
Total Points: 340,132.51
Default

Joey Barton at Liverpool Crown Court on 23 April, Is he still getting paid FFS, and will he be in the right frame of mind for the season run in.
With Millner out will keagan turn to him and leave out Martins.
Reply With Quote
col Blake is offline
#137
Old 03-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Flab
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 6
Posts: 18,528
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 0 Flab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 106,683.32
Bank: 21,217,401,369.50
Total Points: 21,217,508,052.82
happy birthday! - led wanking material ;) - -veteran420- You're freeeeeeeeeeeeee! - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* And a Happy New Year, innit. - Southpaw Stinger 
Merry christmas too! - led left over chunk cake for you for christmas :) - - v e t - Merry Christmas bro. lol - F l i c k e r Happy  new year! - Sir TomJones Have a good'en big lad - El Fenomeno 
merry chirstmas flabby! - dj emzz Great guy! - led Feliz Navidad - El Mustang happy hols, daddy Flab :) - STONES! Feliz Navidad! - MANIAC310 
merry x mas - MARKBNLV In b4 it sells out- Happy New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy new year! - Toney Loc Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Raider Monkz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Raider Monkz Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Scat Man Head and Neck Cancer - Raider Monkz Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - -veteran420- 
Default Fog On The Tyne - A Club Obscured By Delusion

03/03/2008 17:30
Fog On The Tyne - A Club Obscured By Delusion
Peter Staunton gives his honest take on Newcastle's rather unique situation in English football.

Newcastle United are a club with an identity crisis. At once, they are an institution to their supporters - a club that draw more than 50,000 citizens of the Geordie Nation to their citadel every other week, who pride themselves on the strengths of players like Shearer, Keegan, MacDonald and their ilk, who strive for supremacy and dominance in every criterion, from the boardroom to the pitch. And at the same time, they are a club that currently cannot win a football match, have in recent years produced less than desirable footballing characters and have not won a trophy since 1993 - even then it was just the old second division.

Where, then, is the real Newcastle United?

And what's happening to it? The re-appointment of Kevin Keegan could perhaps be described as potentially the most calamitous decision of this sorry season for the Toon. After eight league matches and just two points, the team find themselves shorn of confidence and plummeting towards relegation.

Contrasts abound. At Bolton, where Gary Megson has instilled some bite and fortitude to his once-ailing charges, fortunes have upturned ever so slightly since Sam Lee's departure. At Newcastle goals are being shipped at a truly astonishing rate - eleven against Manchester United alone (who have conceded 15 altogether). The club is stagnating - or even worse, slipping perilously close to Leeds United territory.

When one considers the Magpies in any context, one's attentions immediately are drawn to the band of supporters which simultaneously nurture and inadvertently strangle their beloved club. While providing fiercely loyal support, the Toon Army seem to consider themselves above the limitations of supporters of other football clubs and actually part of the recruitment team. They helped chase Souness, Roeder and Allardyce out and made the "Geordie Messiah" the holder of one of the most poisoned chalices in all of football.

Newcastle fans wrestle with the dilemma of their club's status. Certainly Newcastle are a "big club", but in what sense? They have a big stadium, lots of loyal local support and undeniable ambition. What they do not have is a foundation of success - be it historical like Liverpool and Manchester United or more recent like Chelsea and Arsenal. Since Newcastle last lifted significant domestic silverware, the "big four" have plundered a staggering 90 pieces domestic and continental booty between them. Even Blackburn Rovers, of modest history and ambition, have managed one league cup and one league title since 1955.

Allardyce lasted a mere 24 matches - hardly enough time to acquaint oneself with the six superiors currently employed or employing above Keegan's station, never mind pave the nascent path of a road to success. The myriad hierarchy at the club seem as disjointed as the back four; players being signed seemingly without the manager's consent or knowledge - Ben Tozer, Fabio Zamblera and Lamine Diatta were all signed in recent weeks, and not by the man in charge. (Maybe that's no bad thing - after all, he hasn't watched a football match in three years.)

The casting of Newcastle United as a successful club is a myth that has been perpetuated by impatient fans and deluded management for more than half a century. One reason that may be offered is the perception that player have of this "massive club". New signings regularly praise the worth and potential of the club while siphoning obscenely high wages. For the four or five seasons, certain players have used Newcastle United as one last pay day - a club foolish enough to offer them stratospheric salaries akin to what they believe they are still worth.

Players once of a certain mettle and status and lauded with honours both individual and collective come to Newcastle when their efforts no longer merit a place in their previous teams. Would Obafemi Martins dispalce Ibrahimovic, Cruz or Crespo at Inter? Would Emre regain his midfield place from Cambiasso? Would Michael Owen, he of the potential pay rise from 104,000 pounds a week, elbow his way past Torres at Liverpool or Van Nistelrooy at Los Merengues? Is it conceivable that the once jet-heeled Damien Duff could now ply his one pace game at Chelsea ahead of Joe Cole, Shaun Wright-Philips or Floerent Malouda?

They are all guaranteed to start at Newcastle because of their previous achievements, despite the fact that they haven't actually replicated them for this equally "big club". When a player like Cacapa leaves Lyon, with its annual title celebrations and Champions League adventure, for mid table obscurity in the cash-rich Premier League, then ambition and motive have to be questioned. An alleged 62.5 million pound wage bill seems to substantiate this claim.

Like it or not, Newcastle has also held its fair share of nefarious characters in recent years. While Alan Shearer and Shay Given can be held as moral bastions for the game, there have been a significant minority who have sullied the name of Newcastle United. The names of Titus Bramble, Lee Bowyer, Kieron Dyer, Craig Bellamy, Jonathon Woodgate and Joey Barton and their various misdemeanours all serve to reinforce the stereotypes of criminals being dressed in black and
white stripes. The sight of these players at one stage or another for the Magpies could perhaps turn potential neutrals into fans of the opposition.

It is too early to say that a full blown crisis is looming on Tyneside, although time is running out for Keegan to fire up his charges and avoid relegation. The remaining matches, including the derby against Sunderland and the formidable Chelsea are now potentially all pertinent games as to the status of this club in the Premier League. As Keegan himself declared - winning four matches out of 14 is one thing, winning four out of nine is another.

Peter Staunton
Reply With Quote
Flab is offline
#138
Old 03-14-2008, 09:20 AM
col Blake
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wallsend
Age: 38
Posts: 3,269
Rep Power: 15 col Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 96,763.28
Bank: 243,369.22
Total Points: 340,132.51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiZOOM View Post
03/03/2008 17:30
Fog On The Tyne - A Club Obscured By Delusion
Peter Staunton gives his honest take on Newcastle's rather unique situation in English football.

Newcastle United are a club with an identity crisis. At once, they are an institution to their supporters - a club that draw more than 50,000 citizens of the Geordie Nation to their citadel every other week, who pride themselves on the strengths of players like Shearer, Keegan, MacDonald and their ilk, who strive for supremacy and dominance in every criterion, from the boardroom to the pitch. And at the same time, they are a club that currently cannot win a football match, have in recent years produced less than desirable footballing characters and have not won a trophy since 1993 - even then it was just the old second division.

Where, then, is the real Newcastle United?

And what's happening to it? The re-appointment of Kevin Keegan could perhaps be described as potentially the most calamitous decision of this sorry season for the Toon. After eight league matches and just two points, the team find themselves shorn of confidence and plummeting towards relegation.

Contrasts abound. At Bolton, where Gary Megson has instilled some bite and fortitude to his once-ailing charges, fortunes have upturned ever so slightly since Sam Lee's departure. At Newcastle goals are being shipped at a truly astonishing rate - eleven against Manchester United alone (who have conceded 15 altogether). The club is stagnating - or even worse, slipping perilously close to Leeds United territory.

When one considers the Magpies in any context, one's attentions immediately are drawn to the band of supporters which simultaneously nurture and inadvertently strangle their beloved club. While providing fiercely loyal support, the Toon Army seem to consider themselves above the limitations of supporters of other football clubs and actually part of the recruitment team. They helped chase Souness, Roeder and Allardyce out and made the "Geordie Messiah" the holder of one of the most poisoned chalices in all of football.

Newcastle fans wrestle with the dilemma of their club's status. Certainly Newcastle are a "big club", but in what sense? They have a big stadium, lots of loyal local support and undeniable ambition. What they do not have is a foundation of success - be it historical like Liverpool and Manchester United or more recent like Chelsea and Arsenal. Since Newcastle last lifted significant domestic silverware, the "big four" have plundered a staggering 90 pieces domestic and continental booty between them. Even Blackburn Rovers, of modest history and ambition, have managed one league cup and one league title since 1955.

Allardyce lasted a mere 24 matches - hardly enough time to acquaint oneself with the six superiors currently employed or employing above Keegan's station, never mind pave the nascent path of a road to success. The myriad hierarchy at the club seem as disjointed as the back four; players being signed seemingly without the manager's consent or knowledge - Ben Tozer, Fabio Zamblera and Lamine Diatta were all signed in recent weeks, and not by the man in charge. (Maybe that's no bad thing - after all, he hasn't watched a football match in three years.)

The casting of Newcastle United as a successful club is a myth that has been perpetuated by impatient fans and deluded management for more than half a century. One reason that may be offered is the perception that player have of this "massive club". New signings regularly praise the worth and potential of the club while siphoning obscenely high wages. For the four or five seasons, certain players have used Newcastle United as one last pay day - a club foolish enough to offer them stratospheric salaries akin to what they believe they are still worth.

Players once of a certain mettle and status and lauded with honours both individual and collective come to Newcastle when their efforts no longer merit a place in their previous teams. Would Obafemi Martins dispalce Ibrahimovic, Cruz or Crespo at Inter? Would Emre regain his midfield place from Cambiasso? Would Michael Owen, he of the potential pay rise from 104,000 pounds a week, elbow his way past Torres at Liverpool or Van Nistelrooy at Los Merengues? Is it conceivable that the once jet-heeled Damien Duff could now ply his one pace game at Chelsea ahead of Joe Cole, Shaun Wright-Philips or Floerent Malouda?

They are all guaranteed to start at Newcastle because of their previous achievements, despite the fact that they haven't actually replicated them for this equally "big club". When a player like Cacapa leaves Lyon, with its annual title celebrations and Champions League adventure, for mid table obscurity in the cash-rich Premier League, then ambition and motive have to be questioned. An alleged 62.5 million pound wage bill seems to substantiate this claim.

Like it or not, Newcastle has also held its fair share of nefarious characters in recent years. While Alan Shearer and Shay Given can be held as moral bastions for the game, there have been a significant minority who have sullied the name of Newcastle United. The names of Titus Bramble, Lee Bowyer, Kieron Dyer, Craig Bellamy, Jonathon Woodgate and Joey Barton and their various misdemeanours all serve to reinforce the stereotypes of criminals being dressed in black and
white stripes. The sight of these players at one stage or another for the Magpies could perhaps turn potential neutrals into fans of the opposition.

It is too early to say that a full blown crisis is looming on Tyneside, although time is running out for Keegan to fire up his charges and avoid relegation. The remaining matches, including the derby against Sunderland and the formidable Chelsea are now potentially all pertinent games as to the status of this club in the Premier League. As Keegan himself declared - winning four matches out of 14 is one thing, winning four out of nine is another.

Peter Staunton
I could be wrong but this sounds like another southern hack having a pop at the toon, brian woolnough of sky sports sunday supplement and the daily star have a dig and Newcastle every week, they know nothing about the club or the fans.
Reply With Quote
col Blake is offline
#139
Old 03-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Flab
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 6
Posts: 18,528
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 0 Flab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond reputeFlab has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 106,683.32
Bank: 21,217,401,369.50
Total Points: 21,217,508,052.82
happy birthday! - led wanking material ;) - -veteran420- You're freeeeeeeeeeeeee! - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* And a Happy New Year, innit. - Southpaw Stinger 
Merry christmas too! - led left over chunk cake for you for christmas :) - - v e t - Merry Christmas bro. lol - F l i c k e r Happy  new year! - Sir TomJones Have a good'en big lad - El Fenomeno 
merry chirstmas flabby! - dj emzz Great guy! - led Feliz Navidad - El Mustang happy hols, daddy Flab :) - STONES! Feliz Navidad! - MANIAC310 
merry x mas - MARKBNLV In b4 it sells out- Happy New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy new year! - Toney Loc Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stewie 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Raider Monkz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Raider Monkz Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Scat Man Head and Neck Cancer - Raider Monkz Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - -veteran420- 
Default

They will all be eating those words next season...Hopefully.
Reply With Quote
Flab is offline
#140
Old 03-14-2008, 12:56 PM
col Blake
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wallsend
Age: 38
Posts: 3,269
Rep Power: 15 col Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 96,763.28
Bank: 243,369.22
Total Points: 340,132.51
Default

has Diatta signed for the toon, and does anyone know what he's like?.
Reply With Quote
col Blake is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
(apparently), aresnal, bring, city, favourites, final, football, ham..., keegan, limey, liverpool, lounge, owen, preview, riera, robinho!, ronaldo, sacked!!!, sign, spurs?, super, thread, uefa, west, winger

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fight Videos - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.