Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao should catch some heat as well......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao should catch some heat as well......

Sure it's bad ass to jump up two weight classes. But come on. Does anyone give him a legitimate shot at beating Oscar?

Just look at what being the much bigger man does for you. Oscar can basically walk through Pacquiao and knock him out. It still took Pac 9 rounds to get Diaz out. You can tell that his power dropped off somewhat. So do you think he;ll be able to hurt Oscar at 147?

To me it's just Pacquiao trying to cash out, just as much as Oscar is.

P.S. I'm still going to watch it.

Oscar could and should beat him...
    But nothing is a sure win...

Comment

It would be the biggest payday of his career. Who cares if he is a massive underdog. If he wins, he becomes the best boxer of his era.

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
        Sure it's bad ass to jump up two weight classes. But come on. Does anyone give him a legitimate shot at beating Oscar?

Just look at what being the much bigger man does for you. Oscar can basically walk through Pacquiao and knock him out. It still took Pac 9 rounds to get Diaz out. You can tell that his power dropped off somewhat. So do you think he;ll be able to hurt Oscar at 147?

To me it's just Pacquiao trying to cash out, just as much as Oscar is.

P.S. I'm still going to watch it.
        Not really .. Moving up will result in a slow, semifat and much smaller pacman compared to DLH! DLH would also train hard for this fight since it is his last and all, he wants to look good in his last fight. I don't see Pacman stand much of a chance.. I do, however, wish for some kind of lucky shot which would sent DLH to the Canvas just for choosing this fight!

Comment

i am dissapointed that this fight is even being considered, this is stupid, although i dont call for bans or boycotts of fights, i have no desire to see this for money, this one i will definately be downloading and i have ordered every oscar fight the last 10 years or so, yes, including Campas.

Comment

Oscar may carry Pacquiao and choose not to drop him with power shots because it would make the fight look more competitive. I doubt Oscar blows Pacquiao out of the ring.

If he did it would just make Oscar look worse and he would never stop hearing it from he fans.

Comment

I give Pac a helluva chance to beat delafishnets.

Sure it took him 9 to get rid of diaz but the guy didnt throw half the amount of left straights he normally does so he can be confident in his right 4 a fight like this. Diaz weighed 146 on fighnight as opposed to 139 when he fought morales and still got knocked out. Thats only 1lb from the welter catchweight. with a little added weight Pac's power will still be there

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post

Sure it took him 9 to get rid of diaz but the guy didnt throw half the amount of left straights he normally does so he can be confident in his right 4 a fight like this. Diaz weighed 146 on fighnight as opposed to 139 when he fought morales and still got knocked out. Thats only 1lb from the welter catchweight. with a little added weight Pac's power will still be there
                Pac does not hit harder than Tito, Hopkins, Vargas, or Mayorga, if Pac hurts oscar at this point it means hes shot to all hell. In his prime he was taking on some of the most powerful punchers at welterweight and wasnt stopped a single time. Pac didint like those Marquez countershots, those straight left jabs and left hooks will likely end the fight in 6 or less, De La Hoya has problems with guys like Whitaker, Mayweather and Mosley as well as Hopkins, a guy like Pac is taylor made for Oscar, anyone who ever stood in front of Oscar with little to no regard for defense ended up on their ass, and the same would happen to pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post

I agree somewhat about the left hand. When I was watching the fight I told my brother as soon as he lands consistently with the left hand Diaz will go down. And he did that in the 9th. But think about the discrepancy come fight night. Oscar will probably be at least 155-159 pounds.

I know fighters are smart. Pacquiao knows he can not knock out Oscar. His only chance is to box and move. And although he has the ability he doesn't like to fight like that.

Part of what makes Manny so special is because he's a bad ass in there. And it won't change he will duke it out with Oscar and get put to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenSnake View Post
                    Oscar may carry Pacquiao and choose not to drop him with power shots because it would make the fight look more competitive. I doubt Oscar blows Pacquiao out of the ring.

If he did it would just make Oscar look worse and he would never stop hearing it from he fans.
                    See than that is an actual problem. That's why both guys would be guilty for making this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X