Stop Complaining: Overcoming Adversity - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 07-16-2008, 02:21 AM
!! Shawn
!! Shown

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Rep Power: 48 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,836,840,940,623.83
Total Points: 40,900,244,842,383.89
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = <3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites> Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 
Default Stop Complaining: Overcoming Adversity

I am writing this out in hopes that it might inspire a few of you to train even when you think you cannot.

When you think of training adversity what do you think of? Training through a cold, sore muscles, lack of motivation, bruised hands, broken hands?

I would kill to only have to deal with adversity like that.

About a year ago I started to bleed out my ass. I was surprised... hmm, I haven't been violently raped in the ass lately WTF is going on?

After many months, and many trips to various doctors, all of whom wanted to thread a nice big endoscope up my ass, I was still bleeding.

Finally I found a GI that wanted to put me to sleep and shove a huge camera up my ass.

Turns out I have Ulcerative Colitis. It is an incurable autoimmune disease were my body is actively trying to annihilate my intestines.

It frequently feels like I am being stabbed in the gut.

Thankfully after about 6 months we got my Colitis under control, but yesterday it flared up and I started to bleed out my ass again.

Through all of this I have missed a grand total of 2 days in the gym. 1 for my Colonoscopy, and 1 when I broke my toes.

Thats right, I trained 6 months 4 days a week while bleeding out my ass in varying degrees of excruciating pain, I continued sparring until my doctor insisted I give it a break until we got my bleeding under control, and I didn't complain about any of it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-16-2008, 02:40 AM
Towelie
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9 Towelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,002.41
Total Points: 105,999.86
No Message - Towelie 
Send a message via AIM to Towelie

Well that was very...descriptive. Sorry to hear about your sickness
Old 07-16-2008, 04:03 AM
rmz
Contender

Rep Power: 9 rmz has a spectacular aura aboutrmz has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 61,853.61

Sorry to hear about your illness. That is some tough luck bro and I admire your strength to hang in there. The only thing I would advise to anyone who is going through adversity such is that is don't work too hard to the point where you're making your problem worse.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:05 AM
KostyaTszyu44
Banned

Rep Power: 0 KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 190,852.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post
I am writing this out in hopes that it might inspire a few of you to train even when you think you cannot.

When you think of training adversity what do you think of? Training through a cold, sore muscles, lack of motivation, bruised hands, broken hands?

About a year ago I started to bleed out my ass. I was surprised... hmm, I haven't been violently raped in the ass lately WTF is going on?

After many months, and many trips to various doctors, all of whom wanted to thread a nice big endoscope up my ass, I was still bleeding.

Finally I found a GI that wanted to put me to sleep and shove a huge camera up my ass.

Turns out I have Ulcerative Colitis. It is an incurable autoimmune disease were my body is actively trying to annihilate my intestines.

Thankfully after about 6 months we got my Colitis under control, but yesterday it flared up and I started to bleed out my ass again.

Through all of this I have missed a grand total of 2 days in the gym. 1 for my Colonoscopy, and 1 when I broke my toes.

Thats right, I trained 6 months 4 days a week while bleeding out my ass in varying degrees of excruciating pain, I continued sparring until my doctor insisted I give it a break until we got my bleeding under control, and I didn't complain about any of it.
wow thats terrible.....good for you for training under those conditions.....

are you an active boxer? have you had any bouts during this time?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 AM
markeeta
Contender

Rep Power: 9 markeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,217.23

**** dude. that explains everything. it is all coming clearly now.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:18 AM
KostyaTszyu44
Banned

Rep Power: 0 KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 190,852.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

shawn id like to add i have a lot more respect for you after reading that

(assuming its not a sick joke)
Old 07-16-2008, 07:25 AM
mr tricky
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 mr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 115,415.20
Default /

lmao, i cant take this thread serious, yove posted a thread to motavaite people not to miss training sessions and youve tryed to motavate us by talking about blood that dripped from your arse, ????

il just watch some boxing videos when i want motavating....
Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Actus Reus 21
Lifestyle Random

Rep Power: 11 Actus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 63,547,049.45
Total Points: 63,611,217.89
Happy b-day homey - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post

Ladies and gentleman this is an acutal fighter here(shawn), unlike some of you other bastards that complain about their age, pills, shakes, and blaiming dogs for you loosing. Hey shawn sorry to hear about the colitis. I knew a kid last year in 11th grade that used to run his mouth alot and he had I guess the worst colitis. As the year passed by we got to know about it a little more, well one day were all walking out as 6th hour was over and I see him down the hall and I hear kids yelling. I made my way over there quick and another kid floored him to the stomach(im guessing people started finding out that he has a stomach disease as he was always complaining about it). YOU WOULDNT GUESS WHAT HAPPEND NEXT AFTER HE GOT HIT?

It started smelling and we find out he **** HIS PANTS! Of course when he showed up on Monday the colitis was his excuse for ****ting his pants. lol
Old 07-16-2008, 09:35 AM
kenny91
Contender

Rep Power: 9 kenny91 is a jewel in the roughkenny91 is a jewel in the roughkenny91 is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 5,998.94
Total Points: 14,450.07

Ahh

the urban-mythical male period aka :

the blob
the time of month
etc etc

sorry to hear
Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
!! Shawn
!! Shown

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Rep Power: 48 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,836,840,940,623.83
Total Points: 40,900,244,842,383.89
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
wow thats terrible.....good for you for training under those conditions.....

are you an active boxer? have you had any bouts during this time?
I have not fought since my diagnosis, but I am scheduled to fight on Sept 21, and I am fighting bleeding out my ass or not.

On the bright side, making weight is a cake walk when you have a disease the causes weightloss, lol.

Share This With Friends

Tags
adversity, complaining:, overcoming, stop

User Tag List