Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Sir_Joe
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,582.94
Total Points: 78,314.05
Default Calzaghe's reign underrated

All I hear on here is "he should have fought Ottke..." "he should have cum to tha states pwn!" etc.. But lets have a look at all the champions during Calzaghe's WBO reign.

SMW Champs by way of Boxrec:

WBC

Robin Reid - Beaten by Calzaghe

Malinga - Beaten by Woodhall who Calzaghe beat.

Woodhall - Beaten by Calzaghe

Lucas - Beaten by Kessler who Calzaghe beat

Beyer - Beaten by Kessler who Calzaghe beat, drew with Bika (many people had Bika ahead at the time) who Calzaghe beat,

Sanavia - Beaten by Beyer who was beaten by a guy Calzaghe beat.

IBF

Brewer - Beaten by Calzaghe.

Sven Ottke - CONTROVERSY. Should have lost one of the SD's to Brewer, should have lost to Mitchell and potentially should have lost to Reid.. also very close against David Starie. In my view and the view of many, Ottke lost at least 2 of the above 5 fights. If not 3-5 of them. All the fighters mentioned? Beaten by Calzaghe convincingly, even Robin Reid who got a whack job SD (go review the fight, Calzaghe had that fight won comfortably)

Lacy - beaten by Calzaghe

Berrio - Beaten by Poras who was beaten by Kessler who Calzaghe beat

Lucian Bute - Undefeated but won't face Kessler.

WBA

Liles - Beaten by Mitchell who Calzaghe beat, also pulled out against Calzaghe

Mitchell - Beaten by Calzaghe

Girad - Drew with Mitchell who Calzaghe beat, refused rematch with Siaca and was stripped of title.

Mundine - beaten by Kessler who Calzaghe beat

Siaca - Beaten by Kessler who Calzaghe beat

Sven Ottke - see above

Kessler - beaten by Calzaghe.

So, Sven Ottke, Girad and Bute remain the only guys who haven't either been beaten by Calzaghe or beaten by a guy Calzaghe beat.

Bute is the only one of that trio who doesn't have controversy surrounding him, although he's refusing a match with Kessler.

Can any other champion of this era show such a dominance over their division by having a majority of ex champions either be beat by him or beaten by someone he beat?

Now you're starting to see why Calzaghe is considered to have a great career by those that know something.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,259,639,550.99
Total Points: 3,269,761,804.11
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Good post Ricky. No doubt Joe has had one hell of a career and dominated the **** out of SMW. I agree that he does not get the credit he deserves.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:59 PM
box2box
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,554.87

Everyone knows Ottke is a clown. I would love to see him get sparked by Kessler.

I think the Brewer, Mitchell and Sheika victories never get anywhere near the credit they deserve.

Nobody stays undefeated that long (baring fixed Ottke fights) for no reason.

My main criticism would be we all knew he was SMW king, the americans finally accepted it after Lacy, but he should have looked to fight outside of his weight earlier. But then who can blame him for making his money dominating a not great division?
Old 07-15-2008, 07:00 PM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 82,088,014,508,158.67
Total Points: 84,091,179,987,969.86
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

On the Boxingscene forums, the boxrec warriors reign supreme. To those who actually watch the fights and use boxrec for background (not to tell us the story), don't lose heart. A lot of these kids will either stop watching boxing when their favorite fighter loses or actually start watching the old stuff they knew nothing about and recant their opinions.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:02 PM
RodBarker
Banned

Rep Power: 0 RodBarker is infamous around these partsRodBarker is infamous around these partsRodBarker is infamous around these partsRodBarker is infamous around these partsRodBarker is infamous around these partsRodBarker is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 74,079.12

Apply the he beat then I beat him theory to Mayweather and Joe look likes he beat camel herders , the truth is the division is weak and Joe ducked the biggest names untill now when they are badly over the hill , his career has been well chosen by Warren to stay unbeaten fighting nobodys and washed up name fighters , Joe is a good fighter not a great fighter , its about who you beat and at what stage you beat them , Warren picks the stage very carefully .
Old 07-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Dirt E Gomez
***Stupendous***

Rep Power: 9748 Dirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,497,284.34
Total Points: 677,829,241.56
Comes with free herpes - mickey gomez Stuff this up your butt when you think of me. - MizzzouMan Cunt - Rocky C heres your Lockerz invite. fag - Mech. Pollution comments - ABOSWORTH 
Jason FTW! - MANGLER hooahh - Mucus 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Send a message via AIM to Dirt E Gomez

I was bored last week.

I left work early to get to the local elementary school while it was still in session. I beat the living tar out of probably... 35 4th graders. I'm the most dominant 4th grade bully of all time.

inbeforecommentsaboutinellectuallevel
Old 07-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Sithis
has left the building.

Rep Power: 12 Sithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond reputeSithis has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,822.70
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congrats on 1000 - sweet pea 50 Happy 2K!!! - J_CON 

LOL such a sad thread trying to give more credit to Joe than deserved. I will laugh so hard if Roy wins.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:24 PM
GodOfWarII
Banned

Rep Power: 0 GodOfWarII is infamous around these partsGodOfWarII is infamous around these partsGodOfWarII is infamous around these partsGodOfWarII is infamous around these partsGodOfWarII is infamous around these partsGodOfWarII is infamous around these partsGodOfWarII is infamous around these partsGodOfWarII is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 144,873.21

if he gets beat by a shot roy, that only proves how overrated joe is. I'm sure his fans will make a ridiculous amount of excuses if that does happen.

Oh, roy wasn't shot... My ass. thats what will be hearing if Calzaghe loses
Old 07-15-2008, 07:28 PM
GreatestIam
GreatestIam

Rep Power: 16 GreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,153,523.11
Total Points: 53,851,586.52

Joe is defintely underrated but its by his own doing, The American Boxing Fans, make up 90 % of what mother****ers think... And many of us think he is garbage and hasnt really fought anyone of consequence except a Washedup,Young and Old fighter outta his 40+ fights! ANyway he is underrated but rightfully so1
Old 07-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Sir_Joe
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond reputeSir_Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,582.94
Total Points: 78,314.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfWarII View Post
if he gets beat by a shot roy, that only proves how overrated joe is. I'm sure his fans will make a ridiculous amount of excuses if that does happen.

Oh, roy wasn't shot... My ass. thats what will be hearing if Calzaghe loses
Cotto this weeks flavor?