Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 PM
jenalberti
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,524.13
Default HELP...Pass book Question

I have been training in Muay Thai for the past 6 years. I've competed a number of times and now want to get involved with strait stand up. My father was a big Navy boxer in the late 60's- early 70's, and had an uncle go to the olympics in Tokyo (1964 Joe Harrison).Theres only two gyms in my area that are registered with the U.S. boxing commission. I have looked at both and am not impressed at the trainers in the slightest. I see chins high, hands low, and tons of wide stances I could sneeze and knock some kids over, thats how wide they are. Do you guys know of anyone that trains themselves that has there passbook for competing? Is this even possible? I was thinking of just joining to get it, and only going once a week(I train Mon-Sat myself). Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks, God Bless.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-15-2008, 04:23 PM
danny stash
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 danny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 323,330.99
Total Points: 414,029.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenalberti View Post
I have been training in Muay Thai for the past 6 years. I've competed a number of times and now want to get involved with strait stand up. My father was a big Navy boxer in the late 60's- early 70's, and had an uncle go to the olympics in Tokyo (1964 Joe Harrison).Theres only two gyms in my area that are registered with the U.S. boxing commission. I have looked at both and am not impressed at the trainers in the slightest. I see chins high, hands low, and tons of wide stances I could sneeze and knock some kids over, thats how wide they are. Do you guys know of anyone that trains themselves that has there passbook for competing? Is this even possible? I was thinking of just joining to get it, and only going once a week(I train Mon-Sat myself). Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks, God Bless.
i know a guy in myrtle beach...thats about it..charleston is not a boxing hot bed from my experience.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:53 PM
dfwtx
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 dfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,916.94
Total Points: 586,526.67

I dont know if it's really a problem to do it without a gym except that you need to have a usa boxing certified cornerman at all of your fights
Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
jenalberti
Amateur

Yeah... Not in the least. Theres a new MMA place that just opened here, but since there so new all they have is a Jiu-Jitsu instructor and a women that teaches a self defense class. They are supposed to have a couple of guys come in from Ohio and Cali. So well see then. Oh and this kid that fought twice in the elite xc...Malachy Friedman. Nothing big.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:59 PM
jenalberti
Amateur

I wonder what it takes to get certified. Guess I'll have to ask one of the trainers if he would do it. Hes probably going to be a tool if I could guess.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
jenalberti
Amateur

Still need help????
Old 07-15-2008, 07:22 PM
KostyaTszyu44
Banned

Rep Power: 0 KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 160,612.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

just go to the cetified gym, the kids u were watchin mighta just been crap
Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
jenalberti
Amateur

Yea thats true. Didnt think of that one...duh. They do have a couple of open ranked guys. Ya'll tell me what you think, of how it reads...heres the link http://summervilleboxing.org/default.aspx
Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
SugarShanep4p
Contender

Rep Power: 7 SugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond reputeSugarShanep4p has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 24,811.92

yeah of course its possible, you don't need a trainer to get a passbook from USA boxing, you just apply and pay the fee. Although when you enter a competition your going to be labeled "unattached", and sometimes judges and officials don't take unattached fighters seriously. But if you show them you mean business in the ring it shouldn't make a difference, you will not be scored different or anything like that.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:29 PM
jenalberti
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShanep4p View Post
yeah of course its possible, you don't need a trainer to get a passbook from USA boxing, you just apply and pay the fee. Although when you enter a competition your going to be labeled "unattached", and sometimes judges and officials don't take unattached fighters seriously. But if you show them you mean business in the ring it shouldn't make a difference, you will not be scored different or anything like that.
Thanks Mr. Mosley. Should I just call my state boxing guy and talk to him? Thanks again