Need advice on sauna suits! - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 PM #1
Da Porno Rican Da Porno Rican is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Da Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud of
Points: 25,816.73
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,816.73
Question Need advice on sauna suits!

Anyone have some do's and don'ts on sauna suits? I picked one up but the thought always lingers in the back of my head that during a local teams summer football training camp a kid dropped dead wearing one. I have always been spooked about them since then. So someone please come drop some knowledge about these things before I decide to go sit in a sauna doing a spin class regiment on a bike with a sauna suit on to drop weight.
Da Porno Rican is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-10-2008, 07:53 PM #2
danny stash danny stash is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: fort lauderdale
Age: 37
Posts: 1,749
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
danny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 126,695.80
Bank: 323,330.99
Total Points: 450,026.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da ****o Rican View Post
Anyone have some do's and don'ts on sauna suits? I picked one up but the thought always lingers in the back of my head that during a local teams summer football training camp a kid dropped dead wearing one. I have always been spooked about them since then. So someone please come drop some knowledge about these things before I decide to go sit in a sauna doing a spin class regiment on a bike with a sauna suit on to drop weight.
Be well hydrated before using one. I dont think they are necessary unless you are sucking wieght before a fight but thats just me. They DO NOT help you lose fat any faster, just water weight.
danny stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:57 PM #3
Da Porno Rican Da Porno Rican is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Da Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud of
Points: 25,816.73
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,816.73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny stash View Post
Be well hydrated before using one. I dont think they are necessary unless you are sucking wieght before a fight but thats just me. They DO NOT help you lose fat any faster, just water weight.
They don't help you lose fat any faster at all? Like not even a little bit? I figured the extra heat would help you heat up them calories so you can burn a whole 3,500 of them in quicker time than usual.
Da Porno Rican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:07 PM #4
mkm88414 mkm88414 is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 84
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
mkm88414 is on a distinguished road
Points: 6,128.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,128.98
Default

they're made for quickly cutting water weight, it sounds like you want to burn fat. if that is the case the sauna suit is not the answer you are looking for
mkm88414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:08 PM #5
Da Porno Rican Da Porno Rican is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Da Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud ofDa Porno Rican has much to be proud of
Points: 25,816.73
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,816.73
Default

I'm trying to shed like 15 pounds tops.
Da Porno Rican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:13 PM #6
sukhenkoy sukhenkoy is offline
Mother Russia
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington, D.C
Age: 26
Posts: 1,210
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,059,687.75
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,059,687.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny stash View Post
Be well hydrated before using one. I dont think they are necessary unless you are sucking wieght before a fight but thats just me. They DO NOT help you lose fat any faster, just water weight.
But doesn't being well-hydrated ultimately defeat the purpose of wearing a sauna suit. Because if you're well-hydrated, and a sauna suit only drops water weight, aren't you simply dropping the extra water you drank to become well-hydrated?

To the thread starter, if a sauna suit really only helps you to drop water weight, and not fat, I would only use it before a fight, if you're looking to drop a pound or two right before your fight. Otherwise, you're putting a lot of stress on your heart with the extra heat.

Just go into a sauna and drop water weight by sitting there and relaxing. After you leave the sauna, jump into an ice cold pool or take a very cold shower. I heard it's good for your body to do so.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:52 PM #7
dobermann28 dobermann28 is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 224
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
dobermann28 has a spectacular aura aboutdobermann28 has a spectacular aura aboutdobermann28 has a spectacular aura about
Points: 18,431.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 18,431.00
Default

i hear wearing one of these suits for over 20 mins is a *****...im too hot in a steam room,never mind a sauna with plastics on!!!
dobermann28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:25 PM #8
danny stash danny stash is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: fort lauderdale
Age: 37
Posts: 1,749
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
danny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 126,695.80
Bank: 323,330.99
Total Points: 450,026.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhenkoy View Post
But doesn't being well-hydrated ultimately defeat the purpose of wearing a sauna suit. Because if you're well-hydrated, and a sauna suit only drops water weight, aren't you simply dropping the extra water you drank to become well-hydrated?

To the thread starter, if a sauna suit really only helps you to drop water weight, and not fat, I would only use it before a fight, if you're looking to drop a pound or two right before your fight. Otherwise, you're putting a lot of stress on your heart with the extra heat.

Just go into a sauna and drop water weight by sitting there and relaxing. After you leave the sauna, jump into an ice cold pool or take a very cold shower. I heard it's good for your body to do so.
well, yes and no. One thing when intensely boxing we are training our bodies to function at the highest level. Sweating is one of the mechanisms that facilitates this. Sweating is too cool our core temp to not overheat and exhaust. You can actually train your body to sweat better. So the sauna suit expedites this process. Also its great for your body to sweat out toxins. I always love gulping down **** loads of water than getting a great sweat going, its invigorating and good for the body. Do you not think that the better your exocrine system works the better your stamina in the ring? Hope this helps...
danny stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:29 PM #9
peewee1460 peewee1460 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,898
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
peewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 27,799.89
Bank: 25,139,035.29
Total Points: 25,166,835.18
Default

sauna suits are good for cutting a few extra pounds of water weight if you find yourself above your limit. other than that i stay away from them.
peewee1460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:34 PM #10
sukhenkoy sukhenkoy is offline
Mother Russia
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington, D.C
Age: 26
Posts: 1,210
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,059,687.75
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,059,687.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny stash View Post
well, yes and no. One thing when intensely boxing we are training our bodies to function at the highest level. Sweating is one of the mechanisms that facilitates this. Sweating is too cool our core temp to not overheat and exhaust. You can actually train your body to sweat better. So the sauna suit expedites this process. Also its great for your body to sweat out toxins. I always love gulping down **** loads of water than getting a great sweat going, its invigorating and good for the body. Do you not think that the better your exocrine system works the better your stamina in the ring? Hope this helps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhenkoy View Post
But doesn't being well-hydrated ultimately defeat the purpose of wearing a sauna suit. Because if you're well-hydrated, and a sauna suit only drops water weight, aren't you simply dropping the extra water you drank to become well-hydrated?

To the thread starter, if a sauna suit really only helps you to drop water weight, and not fat, I would only use it before a fight, if you're looking to drop a pound or two right before your fight. Otherwise, you're putting a lot of stress on your heart with the extra heat.

Just go into a sauna and drop water weight by sitting there and relaxing. After you leave the sauna, jump into an ice cold pool or take a very cold shower. I heard it's good for your body to do so.
Yeah thanks for clarifying, danny. I sweat like a mofo though, so I don't need a sauna suit anyway.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.