sample workout - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 07-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Detroit101
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9 Detroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,001.21
Total Points: 40,190.57
Default sample workout

heres a sample workout of what i have been doing lately.....

running: 3 to 4 days a week....... 2 1/2 minutes at 7 mph into 30 second sprint at 10 mph, rest at 3 mph for 1 minute and repeat 10 to 12 times.....

weights: 3 to 4 days a week.... 12 front grip pull-ups, 12 cleans 185 lbs, 12 burpees, 12 single arm hang snatch 70 lb dumbbells.......rest 1 1/2 minute and repeat 5 times....each circuit lasts approximately 3 1/2 minutes by the 3rd i feel like quiting......I am constantly mixing different exercises into the mix and never do the same thing twice in the course of 3 weeks

after incorporating snatch, cleans and full body workouts i have never been stronger.....my core is stronger than when i would do 300 sit/crunch's a day.....there is no comparison.....

I do 2 a days at least 2x a week.....

I keep each circuit in whatever i am doing in the 3 minute range to mimic the duration of each round....

I box 4 days a week with my coach.....

After 3 months of circuit training I am 5 times the athlete i was and continue to push further each circuit.....when i began i never ran a mile in leass than 9 minutes, now i am under 7 minutes for the first time ever. I plan to be at a 6 minute mile as i believe this to be the mark of a well rounded athlete......

Last edited by Detroit101; 07-08-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 64,790.11

Sounds good to me, what about your boxing skills? are you only training with your coach? have you got quality sparring partners?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
markeeta
Contender

Rep Power: 9 markeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond reputemarkeeta has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,214.23

yeah, let us know what you do with your coach.

you might think about adding in some shaddow boxing and something to help with your foot work eg. skipping on a daily basis.

i guess it depends on if you want to be fit or if you want to be a boxer
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 AM
laurinsane8
Up and Comer

Total Points: 19,676.12

Looks good. Are you doing any plyometric training? I see you got some sprints in on your running. As mentioned trying throwing in some jump rope. Work in plyo twice a week if you can. It's amazing cardio if you do it right and keep the intensity high.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:30 PM
sukhenkoy
Mother Russia

Rep Power: 11 sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,059,179.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit101 View Post
heres a sample workout of what i have been doing lately.....

running: 3 to 4 days a week....... 2 1/2 minutes at 7 mph into 30 second sprint at 10 mph, rest at 3 mph for 1 minute and repeat 10 to 12 times.....

weights: 3 to 4 days a week.... 12 front grip pull-ups, 12 cleans 185 lbs, 12 burpees, 12 single arm hang snatch 70 lb dumbbells.......rest 1 1/2 minute and repeat 5 times....each circuit lasts approximately 3 1/2 minutes by the 3rd i feel like quiting......I am constantly mixing different exercises into the mix and never do the same thing twice in the course of 3 weeks

after incorporating snatch, cleans and full body workouts i have never been stronger.....my core is stronger than when i would do 300 sit/crunch's a day.....there is no comparison.....

I do 2 a days at least 2x a week.....

I keep each circuit in whatever i am doing in the 3 minute range to mimic the duration of each round....

I box 4 days a week with my coach.....

After 3 months of circuit training I am 5 times the athlete i was and continue to push further each circuit.....when i began i never ran a mile in leass than 9 minutes, now i am under 7 minutes for the first time ever. I plan to be at a 6 minute mile as i believe this to be the mark of a well rounded athlete......
Looks good. Maybe throw in some swimming for more cardio if you'd like. With all the supplements you take, you should look like a damn bull
Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Detroit101
Contender

Rep Power: 9 Detroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trrmo View Post
Sounds good to me, what about your boxing skills? are you only training with your coach? have you got quality sparring partners?
Since I only started 8 months ago i have mostly been learning technique and defense......we are starting to spar more heavily now and i am pretty excited about a few new gyms we will be venturing to.....my schedule is f@#$ed, I meet my coach in early mornings and i have limited time in the evenings.....my second job is starting to free me up a little so i will doing a lot more boxing....
Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Detroit101
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurinsane8 View Post
Looks good. Are you doing any plyometric training? I see you got some sprints in on your running. As mentioned trying throwing in some jump rope. Work in plyo twice a week if you can. It's amazing cardio if you do it right and keep the intensity high.
yes i love plyometrics and bodyweight training.....my routines are very rarely the same and i often do the workout of the day at www.crossfit.com, they are no joke......my workouts seldom last more than 25 minutes and i do 3x the workload......

I read a little bit about you on your website.....what are your thoughts on wheat grass??? i would like to know....

by the way...Nice Site! and welcome to boxingscene

Last edited by Detroit101; 07-09-2008 at 11:07 PM.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List