Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 07-07-2008, 04:44 PM
aristotlemoses
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 aristotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,879,500.82
Total Points: 23,192,950.42
Have a drink on me homey - mangler Because you are one of the few who "realize" that Michael J. Fox influenced Chuck Berry... :D - ABOSWORTH 2000 posts!!!! - ABOSWORTH 
Default question about situps

ive recently started working out and trying to get in shape. but i dont really know if theres is a proper amount of situps i should be doing or if it even matters. i do 100 in the morning when i get home from work. and 100 before i go into work at night...ive been doing that everyday. but how often should i do it. should i take a day to give them a break or something? i wanna try to start doing more as i keep doing them but i dont wanna like over do it. thanks for any info.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Shambleton
Iambic Pentameter

Rep Power: 38 Shambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond reputeShambleton has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,826,087,032.87
Total Points: 4,826,217,448.18
Drink up lad!!! - msagrain Sorry, I couldn't think of anything important or witty to say. - RiZOOM 12 inch Brighton special! - Chunk On Me - Roocky Watch those French bastards lose, Cunts - travi$ 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Congrats on 3k posts. Here's to many more - ??? Get it down ya son. - RED ARMY glad your back bro! - Melly-Mel Happy birthday. And welcome back. - 917-30 
Celebration!!!!  Welcome back and happy birthday my friend!!!! - abosworth I need your tasty girthy British meat in my cornhole now. I'd love to play with you little English Dingaling and put it in my mouth. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM - Mizzou On the house, hun - TRAVI$ Premature Ejaculation Party for you 5K post. - Mizzou To: Jambo - TRAVI$ 
It's &amp;quot;The Spaghetti Monster Delusion&amp;quot; by Dick Rawkins. - OASIS_LAD Have a drink - mangler have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Chunk Gay and Lesbian Pride - OASIS_LAD Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ Gay and Lesbian Pride - Chav Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Chav 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristotlemoses View Post
ive recently started working out and trying to get in shape. but i dont really know if theres is a proper amount of situps i should be doing or if it even matters. i do 100 in the morning when i get home from work. and 100 before i go into work at night...ive been doing that everyday. but how often should i do it. should i take a day to give them a break or something? i wanna try to start doing more as i keep doing them but i dont wanna like over do it. thanks for any info.
I do the jacknife thing where you make like a v with your body so your hands and feet meet in the air.
I think you should just do as many as you feel comfortable with, if you feel tight the following day then you had a good workout.
I'm no expert though so....
Old 07-07-2008, 04:52 PM
mr tricky
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 mr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 98,523.20
Default /

dont do that many theres no point , your ovbisously doing them wrong,

when doing your sit ups , fucus entirely on your stomach muscels lifing you up, dont use momentum and swing your self up or use back muscels,
go all the way down and do them slow and properly,

that way you wont do any where near 300 or whatever your doing,

do them every two days aswell, to heal, take plenty of protein, btw this alone wont give you abs if thats what your after its all about diet!

btw you should feel sore aching stomach muscels the next day if you were doing that many properly,
Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 PM
laurinsane8
Up and Comer

Total Points: 17,885.12

Yea it doesn't matter how many sit-ups you do if you don't do the right one's or if you have bad form. What matters is the quality of the sit-ups. The V-up a.k.a. Jack knife mentioned above is a great move.

If you want some other moves that really kill you, I have a bunch of ab exercises on my website. You don't have to do all of them, but I recommend the V-ups, Oblique V-ups, Bicycles, Core Twists and Plank.

You don't have to do a lot, but you have to do them right.

Check em out www.extreme-fitness-now.com/6-pack-abs.html
Old 07-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light
Total Points: 57,946.11

I was reading throw the threads about weight training and explosive strength and thought the consensus is lower reps for more power. Why do so many boxers do so many reps for abs though? wouldnt it be better to do lower reps of harder exercises rather than do hundreds of situps? I do my ab work slowly with constant tension without that many reps
Old 07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light
Total Points: 57,946.11

correction should be reading through not throw...