Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 57,307.11
Default Training transition Amateur to Pro

I cant say for sure yet if I will be competing again because only been back training a couple of months but my coach informed me that 34 is the cut off for amateurs in Ecuador, so if Im gonna fight its gonna be pro. So I might as well train for it, if anyone is well versed in the transition from amateur to pro training besides the obvious stuff and can give some advice it will be great. I have trained with a couple of professionals in the past but all my focus was on three or 4 rounds. Thanks
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Towelie
Contender

Rep Power: 7 Towelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond reputeTowelie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,002.41
Total Points: 82,546.86
No Message - Towelie 
Send a message via AIM to Towelie

Be the best damn Journey man you can be, no hating...its just hard to make alot of money as a pro in boxing.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:21 PM
supRa
supercharged

Rep Power: 25 supRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,862,128,511.64
Total Points: 3,862,209,467.33
Merry Christmas - msagrain here you go - Savino Have a snack homey. You good peoples. - mangler for being a cool dude - mangler jr Cool mothafukka - mangler 
No Message - ??? good video bro! good luck on your next fight! - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - .::WaRCoTTo::. Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - ??? Gay and Lesbian Pride - $iCaRiO Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - WANGLER 
Send a message via Skype™ to supRa

its all in u !!!!!
good luck
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
Be the best damn Journey man you can be, no hating...its just hard to make alot of money as a pro in boxing.
Not for money man, left it too late for that! its for the love of the sport
Old 06-26-2008, 05:12 AM
aussieboxer2320
Banned

Rep Power: 0 aussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 58,453.98

how many am fights did ya have????

i'd go for it man, just give it your best shot....im still an am lol so im not sure about the transition but i guess it would include pacing yourself more because of the longer fights and that, also more emphasis on power and KO's etc, less looking for points

good luck and keep all us on here informed about it if possible
Old 06-26-2008, 05:17 AM
T-97
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Rep Power: 187 T-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,784,034,140,531.39
Total Points: 21,784,034,813,238.04
Romanian Steamie, Enjoy :p - Dorian wipe that semen off your avatar :P - texanballer Have a cookie! - ЯiZO Thanks for the link - Nautilus Thanks bud!! - -ROGELIO- 
I'm not drinking by myself :) - GreatJoe T man KO1 earth - KrisSilver CUNT! - ЯiZO CUNNNNNT! &amp;gt;=[ - ЯiZO The action in which the male ejaculates on his partner's face, and then the male punches his partner's nose, which causes blood to stream forth. The semen and blood fluids create a red and white image, just like the icing and filling of a strawberry - Stewie 
A small token of appreciation for your generosity! T FTW! - danc1984 For being one of the good guys. - FRKO To: T - TRAVI$ Happy New Year Mr T! - KrisSilver For being amazingly generous. My dude, you rock. - FRKO 
eat cookies - Jewshua I.O.U 500k - RiΖO For a lover of quality music - jazluvr Leave again and you die - Uns No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Left Hook Tua Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - abosworth Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - abosworth Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Left Hook Tua Hepatitis C - Ryn0 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mr._Pink 

Good luck mate! I don't know about the transition, but i would say focus on lots of conditioning and try to pace yourself a bit more. But that it just speculation.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Karlos1991
Up and Comer

Bank: 549.11
Total Points: 8,541.83
Send a message via MSN to Karlos1991

Good luck mate. What was the 7 year break for?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos1991 View Post
Good luck mate. What was the 7 year break for?
Has been due to injury but last time due to alcohol, smokes, and women. A break up after a 5 year relationship and things went to ****. The last few years also going down a dangerous path with intaking too much drink,cigs and worse, made the decision a few months ago to stop all the **** and get back into training. It was something I definitely needed to do or I dont know what would have happened. But I have always trained on and off and have had the privelege of good coaches and sparring partners

Now my weight is down to 75ks and probably could lose a couple more, I feel fit and am f.ing itching to get back sparring and fighting.

As for my fight record it is in my profile, unlike others it is there for all to see. I make no special claims either but a few fights again would be great and keep me on the straight and narrow.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 AM
dfwtx
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 dfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,916.94
Total Points: 587,087.67

Your first fights will be 4 rounders probably if they have the same system in ecuador as they do in the U.S. so I dont think your conditioning will have to be extremely better than an amateur. Honestly my advice is to just step up everything you do to a new level, for example a couple hundred more situps, pushups, miles etc. Good luck man.