Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Actus Reus 21
Lifestyle Random

Rep Power: 9 Actus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 63,547,049.45
Total Points: 63,589,541.89
Happy b-day homey - mangler 
Default Sparring

This is me sparring back in march, Im not looking for excuses but at that time i was 168 and out of shape. Im the shorter guy in the red headgear and white shirt.

heres me in a little bit better shape

Last edited by Actus Reus 21; 06-23-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Nacho_Analstain
Boxing in the face

Rep Power: 1865 Nacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,935,313.77
Total Points: 58,376,954.76
This Beer represents Roy beating Joe Calzaghe, VERY SOON! - reedickyaluss No Message - azza No Message - azza No Message - azza No Message - azza 
No Message - azza No Message - azza what kind of a sad cunt buys himself gifts? - mickeyb fucking gay - mickeyb No Message - P4PKING_2008 
Your milkshake brings all the whores to the board. Well, at least one of them. - K-Nan rocky sucks - RichLoc Don't say I never gave you anything ;) - woftam does cotto make you randy baby, yeah?? - Sin City Arise Sir Azza of Chavvington - Jambo Boy 
Send a message via MSN to Nacho_Analstain

You don't look bad at all, Kept your hands up and got some good work in, Even out of shape your hand speed wasn't bad.

But i will tell you one thing, What Shawn does isn't completely useless, Slow sparring can help with good form, Foot work and upper body movement mostly ... We just need to see the guy get stuck in then maybe he wouldn't catch so much ****.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Actus Reus 21
Lifestyle Random

Rep Power: 9 Actus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza View Post
You don't look bad at all, Kept your hands up and got some good work in, Even out of shape your hand speed wasn't bad.

But i will tell you one thing, What Shawn does isn't completely useless, Slow sparring can help with good form, Foot work and upper body movement mostly ... We just need to see the guy get stuck in then maybe he wouldn't catch so much ****.
yea Im always hard on myself and trying to push myself towards great sparring partners that have advantages like height experience and speed so I can benefit from it when I get back in fighting weight. Thanks for checking it out
Old 06-22-2008, 06:02 PM
!! Shawn
!! Shown

Rep Power: 45 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 464,957,567,278.80
Total Points: 528,361,360,345.67
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

I liked your right hand counter you had going over the top, and the hybrid uppercut jab, but you need to work on your balance when you throw those. You would throw them, and stumble off balance.

I would absolutely kill for a ring that big to work in, lol.

On the double end, you ned to get that back moving. Every time you get it moving you just wait for it to slow down before you try and hit it again.

Its not about looking good, its about getting down your timing. Throw some hooks, uppercuts, hook of the jab, everything, but most importantly, keep that bag moving. Don't be scared to miss.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Nacho_Analstain
Boxing in the face

Rep Power: 1865 Nacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,935,313.77
Total Points: 58,376,954.76
This Beer represents Roy beating Joe Calzaghe, VERY SOON! - reedickyaluss No Message - azza No Message - azza No Message - azza No Message - azza 
No Message - azza No Message - azza what kind of a sad cunt buys himself gifts? - mickeyb fucking gay - mickeyb No Message - P4PKING_2008 
Your milkshake brings all the whores to the board. Well, at least one of them. - K-Nan rocky sucks - RichLoc Don't say I never gave you anything ;) - woftam does cotto make you randy baby, yeah?? - Sin City Arise Sir Azza of Chavvington - Jambo Boy 
Send a message via MSN to Nacho_Analstain

On the double end bag, Get used to the jab first before you mix up punches, Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5UPipFyEhc
Old 06-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 58,050.11

Good work, nice moving, got some good quick counters in. Main obvious thing I noticed is you had you body fairly square to the opponent making yourself a bigger target, try and turn more side on. For me I would prefer to see you keep your left up more although you swayed away from the punches well.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Actus Reus 21
Lifestyle Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post
I liked your right hand counter you had going over the top, and the hybrid uppercut jab, but you need to work on your balance when you throw those. You would throw them, and stumble off balance.

I would absolutely kill for a ring that big to work in, lol.

On the double end, you ned to get that back moving. Every time you get it moving you just wait for it to slow down before you try and hit it again.

Its not about looking good, its about getting down your timing. Throw some hooks, uppercuts, hook of the jab, everything, but most importantly, keep that bag moving. Don't be scared to miss.
wow your right man! I do fall off balance alot when im sparring taller guys. The ring we have I think is the biggest one Ringside makes. Ill keep you guys updated on everything. Sorry for being negative towards your sparring vids shawn
Old 06-22-2008, 07:37 PM
dfwtx
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 dfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,916.94
Total Points: 587,447.67

not bad, i make some of the same mistakes as you, dont always back straight up as he comes in, balance, etc. whats your age height and weight?
Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Actus Reus 21
Lifestyle Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwtx View Post
not bad, i make some of the same mistakes as you, dont always back straight up as he comes in, balance, etc. whats your age height and weight?
17 years old, 5"8 normal weight 150, current weight 165 and ****ing hating it! I tried all i could to get down but its not going anywhere. I havent had fast food in 11 weeks. I train and condition and aerobic and boxing 6 days aweek.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:44 PM
dfwtx
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 dfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,916.94
Total Points: 587,447.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
17 years old, 5"8 normal weight 150, current weight 165 and ****ing hating it! I tried all i could to get down but its not going anywhere. I havent had fast food in 11 weeks. I train and condition and aerobic and boxing 6 days aweek.
oh cool, im 16. 6'1 and about 160 right now i want to be at 152 next time I fight if i can do it in a healthy way, i've kind of platoed at this weight haha.