Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-22-2008, 08:53 AM
BETTY SWOLLOCKS
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,992.87
Default Power Plates

My mother has just purchased a power plate machine.

I already have a pushup and ab-crunch routine. However, on the marketing with it, it says the machine can increase the effectiveness of these excersises by up to 20-30%.

Does anyone know if this is true or just marketing spin?

I'm pretty happy with my routine as it is but every little helps as they say.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light
Total Points: 57,037.11

Marketing spin, free weights are best
Old 06-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light
Total Points: 57,037.11

I realise now you were probably talking about that vibrating machine not one of those multi station equipment with cables weighted plates. I dont know about the former, give it a try, is it the machine which cost 7000 uK quid? it would wanna f.... work
Old 06-22-2008, 11:06 AM
BETTY SWOLLOCKS
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBETTY SWOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 46,992.87

Yeah its the vibrating machine. It didnt cost 7000 quid more like 200, its one of the less flashy basic ones.

I tried it with pushups its ok tbh. The vibration makes you tense up your arms a bit more to keep them steady. Its like trying to keep steady while something is continually trying to unbalance you whilst you're trying to do the excercise.

I dont like it with crunches tho, i'll stick to the floor tbh!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:29 AM
blockburna944
Contender

Rep Power: 11 blockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond reputeblockburna944 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 263,396.06
Total Points: 268,944.06

try holding a squat position (weights if you want) and strange stuff like standing on one foot or jumping and landing on one foot if the machine can take the pressure.

if it's what i'm picturing, that's a great machine for improving balance, coordination, and strength. it will train micromuscles that support your skeleton and balance to react quickly to variations - which translates to you being able to move more quickly and in control.

the US olympic ski team, for instance, does squat holds on a machine like that every day to train. just my two cents.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Rafael Benitez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Rafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these partsRafael Benitez is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 63,066.75

All weights will make you slow. Even Russian kettle bells. For boxing it will take snap outa routine, unless you can equal reps you do with calisthenics. Even then there is no guarantee of functional strength gain unloess it is sport specific like knuckle press ups. Go with a huge medicine ball instead and throw it arond.

Wights are good for aestheitcs, but not for sports. FACT.