Kevin Ferguson, the REAL Kimbo Slice... - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 05-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Rep Power: 145 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,917,505,384,411,405.00
Total Points: 6,917,505,384,652,709.00
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson here's yours brotha :kiss: all out of love - -jose- Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury Moronic Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Default Kevin Ferguson, the REAL Kimbo Slice...

A little long but a great read to those that want to see who this guy really is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3405201

- "Friends say he has never been a bully, but he likes little else more than fighting them. His first videotaped street fight—a 2003 scrap that traveled from a Miami backyard to the world, the one in which he dropped his fists and kept advancing after letting the sculpted beast across from him take shots at his face, the one that earned him $3,000 for a knockout—was against a dude who'd been terrorizing the neighborhood with crime and fear. (Ferguson himself has never been arrested for a violent act. His one blotter incident came in 2002, when he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon and an open container; the weapons charge was dropped.)"

- "But there are haters, too. MMA elitists treat Kimbo like a circus act. They hate that he is representing their sport on Jimmy Kimmel. Hate that he's guaranteed six figures per bout like only the world's top fighters. Hate that he's on magazine covers and that George Karl motivates his Nuggets with footage of Kimbo. "More and more people are resenting him and his success,"

Kimbo - "To hurt someone vulnerable, I just couldn't do it like that," he says. "You want to be a good father and productive citizen. I could have been on the cover of the newspaper as a killer. I had to fight with myself not to hurt people, some serious mental wars. But who would have raised my boys? They would have grown up knowing their dad died another violent death. They would have been angry, and now, instead of one person dying a violent death, you've got two other little protégés who would have grown up just as violent and vicious, causing even more harm to people. I couldn't have that. I've got to be a guide to my kids. Nobody else is going to do it."

- "Can he keep winning? Who knows? His ground game hasn't been tested, but he's been working for nearly a year in LA (where he stays with IceyMike) with legendary trainer Bas Rutten, a fifth-degree black belt in karate. "Kimbo's a freak with strength," Rutten says. "I wish all my fighters were like him. He has more tools than people think." And Kimbo has already beaten back three doubters with both bloody fists."
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-23-2008, 10:07 AM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Quoted: 1501 Post(s)
Rep Power: 169 baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,540,287,775,759,416.50
Total Points: 10,516,540,287,775,911,936.00
Cheers :beerchug: on your test results...aprende mijo ponte un condon! - jose830 Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- :rofl::rofl: - -jose- 
Feliz NNavidad broSki! - -jose- martinez gimp in cotto fight, fact, read that thread lil homie - Tha_Greatest For your support - -Weltschmerz- Stick this up your arse f@ggot - Rocky... Good poster - torosboxing75 
the icon says it all - jazluvr Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- I had a Zenith :kiss: - -jose- It's nice to be appreciated for once Haha ! - Brick Top No Message - Brick Top 
Haha, here's one on me. - BOXEO _ Great work in the Trump thread. If I'm ever in San Jose ima hit you up. - Santa_ Salud - BERNIE'S CORNER Salud - BERNIE'S CORNER Cheers Lad - Rocky... 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

great read. i'm now OFFICIALLY a fan.

guys determination is outstanding.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 145 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson here's yours brotha :kiss: all out of love - -jose- Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury Moronic Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baya View Post
great read. i'm now OFFICIALLY a fan.

guys determination is outstanding.
Bro, I don't know how people can hate on this dude. He's so humble and the places he's been in his life are at the rock bottom. So many young black inner-city kids trun to drugs and gangs and this guy never once got arrested for anything like that. He has been arrested once and it was for open container and a weapons charge that was later dropped.

Much respect to Kimbo, reguardless of how far he makes it.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:51 AM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Quoted: 1501 Post(s)
Rep Power: 169 baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,540,287,775,759,416.50
Total Points: 10,516,540,287,775,911,936.00
Cheers :beerchug: on your test results...aprende mijo ponte un condon! - jose830 Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- :rofl::rofl: - -jose- 
Feliz NNavidad broSki! - -jose- martinez gimp in cotto fight, fact, read that thread lil homie - Tha_Greatest For your support - -Weltschmerz- Stick this up your arse f@ggot - Rocky... Good poster - torosboxing75 
the icon says it all - jazluvr Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- I had a Zenith :kiss: - -jose- It's nice to be appreciated for once Haha ! - Brick Top No Message - Brick Top 
Haha, here's one on me. - BOXEO _ Great work in the Trump thread. If I'm ever in San Jose ima hit you up. - Santa_ Salud - BERNIE'S CORNER Salud - BERNIE'S CORNER Cheers Lad - Rocky... 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
Bro, I don't know how people can hate on this dude. He's so humble and the places he's been in his life are at the rock bottom. So many young black inner-city kids trun to drugs and gangs and this guy never once got arrested for anything like that. He has been arrested once and it was for open container and a weapons charge that was later dropped.

Much respect to Kimbo, reguardless of how far he makes it.
i did at a time, because i was ignorant. just thought he was some ****en thug bad guy.

after this, wow.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:19 AM
1bad65
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27 1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 113,072.01
You been here since 2005 an OG, yet nobody has given you a gift, here you go. - hectari Once agan, dropping knowledge - hectari 

He's still being promoted by the same guys who were responsible for the backyard fights!

He's playing both sides of the fence. He still acts all thug when he's around those lowlife types, but he puts on his professional, serious MMA fighter mask when he is on Jimmy Kimmel and giving interviews to the serious MMA press.

He's all hype.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:21 AM
1bad65
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27 1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 113,072.01
You been here since 2005 an OG, yet nobody has given you a gift, here you go. - hectari Once agan, dropping knowledge - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baya View Post
i did at a time, because i was ignorant. just thought he was some ****en thug bad guy.
He's really not a thug. Honest. I even posted earlier he is college educated. He got a scholastic scholarship to go to college. He's never been to prison. He is a family man. I respect that.

The problem is that he STILL associates with the very same guys who built him up as a thug.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
He's still being promoted by the same guys who were responsible for the backyard fights!

He's playing both sides of the fence. He still acts all thug when he's around those lowlife types, but he puts on his professional, serious MMA fighter mask when he is on Jimmy Kimmel and giving interviews to the serious MMA press.

He's all hype.
Again, you couldn't be more wrong. If the guy had a checkered past and then wanted to act "civilized", I would agree. He has been arrested 1 tim ein his entire life, and the neighborhood he grew up in in Miami, that's not easy.

I'm not congratulating him for not being a thug but more so because it's so easy to fall into the traps of the street. So what if he smashed a few heads to get where he needed to get, he did it against men who were willing to fight him.

And he's not being promoted by the same guys as he was in the street, he's being promoted by the guy who hired him to be a body guard/ limo driver for the **** company. Which by the way, is doing it for free.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:55 PM
supremelygifted
Interim Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11 supremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,413,014,941.46
Total Points: 11,413,021,173.56

Quote:

He's all hype.
First of all, there is no ACTING thug around thugs! Just like there is no ACTING daddy when you are around your kids. You wear a different hat around your kids than you do around your boss. Calzaghe,PBF and ANY fighter in the fight game is hype! The hype doesn't actually end until after the bell sounds.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
supremelygifted
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 11 supremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond reputesupremelygifted has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,413,014,941.46
Total Points: 11,413,021,173.56

Quote:
He's really not a thug. Honest. I even posted earlier he is college educated. He got a scholastic scholarship to go to college. He's never been to prison. He is a family man. I respect that.

The problem is that he STILL associates with the very same guys who built him up as a thug.
Just because you're not committing crimes, doing time and you take care of your family doesn't mean you're not a thug. What people in the hood consider a thug is not the same literal meaning as people who do not live in the hood. All thugs aren't bad. If you ask him if he's literally a thug he's say hell no. If someone from the streets asks him he's probably say yes because he understands the figurative meaning without being explained. I'll probably get my ghetto pass revoked for divulging that tidbit but... i'm tired of seeing the word thug get thrown around and not everyone is on the same sheet of music.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:12 PM
HotSizzle
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 HotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 160,975,033.55
Total Points: 1,180,371,184.35
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremelygifted View Post
Just because you're not committing crimes, doing time and you take care of your family doesn't mean you're not a thug. What people in the hood consider a thug is not the same literal meaning as people who do not live in the hood. All thugs aren't bad. If you ask him if he's literally a thug he's say hell no. If someone from the streets asks him he's probably say yes because he understands the figurative meaning without being explained. I'll probably get my ghetto pass revoked for divulging that tidbit but... i'm tired of seeing the word thug get thrown around and not everyone is on the same sheet of music.
Don't even try it dude, that guy is on kimbos nuts like crazy everypost he makes is either a kimbo thread or something that has to do with him.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List