Hatton vs Thaxton - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 PM #1
OK Jim...

Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,202,275,194,206,316,032.00
Total Points: 3,202,275,194,206,351,360.00
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Default Hatton vs Thaxton

Hatton vs Thaxton,

Iv never seen this fight, was wondering if it was any good,
Cheers

Pro Fight No. 22
Opponent: Jonathan Thaxton (19-5)
Date: Oct. 21, 2000, London
Result: Hatton by decision in 12
Why it matters: Hatton had barely been tested in 21 previous bouts, winning all but four by stoppage. This was baby's first bloodbath; the boyish Hatton, just turned 22, dominated a gruesome slugfest for the British light welterweight crown. The nails-tough Thaxton opened a cut on Hatton's left eyebrow about 15 seconds into the first round. It gushed as Thaxton honed in, and Hatton's ace cut man Mick Williamson had to put all his tools to work. Thaxton banged a looping right on Hatton's forehead in Round 2 and looked strong. But Hatton began scoring with short rights and combinations. He cut Thaxton in the third. By Round 5, Hatton was pot-shoting Thaxton, whose face became a bloody mask. In the seventh Hatton clobbered Thaxton with rights, and the older opponent seemed ready to go, but Hatton couldn't finish him. When Hatton's own cut opened again a round later, impairing his vision, referee Paul Thomas legitimately could have stopped either fighter on cuts. Even a massive Hattton right to close the 11th couldn't stop the relentless Thaxton. Hatton took a decision, and soon after he had plastic surgery that -- for a while at least -- made him less vulnerable to cuts.

Chrismart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 PM #2
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these partshunter1 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,261.11

man that fight sounds awesome . tell me if you find it anywhere
hunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:01 PM #3
OK Jim...

Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,202,275,194,206,316,032.00
Total Points: 3,202,275,194,206,351,360.00
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1 View Post
man that fight sounds awesome . tell me if you find it anywhere
Iv been looking but no luck yet, il let you know if i find it mate.
Chrismart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:01 AM #4
undisputed champion

Ben_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond reputeBen_London. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,871,008.11
Total Points: 2,934,582.28
Smile

I would love to see that one again too. Both of them were too brave and stubborn to give an inch...
Ben_London. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:57 PM #5
Interim Champion

feed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond reputefeed-the-goat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,358.07
Send a message via MSN to feed-the-goat

was an absolute quality fight
feed-the-goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:41 AM #6
Interim Champion

ATFsven has a spectacular aura aboutATFsven has a spectacular aura aboutATFsven has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 11,673.03
Enjoy the fight Cheers - jackal56 
Send a message via MSN to ATFsven

Watched it live.
Every hatton fan spent the whole time thinking the ref was gonna stop it.
And to be fair with ANY other ref and in any other country this would have been stopped as the cut was HUGE! and Ricky would have had his first loss, but he didnt so it does not matter
ATFsven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:39 AM #7
Up and Comer

Emotions is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 7,151.19
Send a message via MSN to Emotions

I've been looking for this one for ages also! Ever since I read about in a magazine I've wanted to see it.
Emotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:29 AM #8
P4P Champion

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
sterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,878,556.53
cuz I like you even though you don't like Nate ;) - Massage Queen Enjoy - Scott.Weiland 
Send a message via MSN to sterling Send a message via Yahoo to sterling

sounds gd il look it up
sterling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 PM #9
Up and Comer

The Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond reputeThe Punchbag has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,108.14

Was a good fight but was only made interesting because of early cut to Hatton. I have 95% of his fights on dvd and to be fair this is one of the best to watch.
The Punchbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 PM #10
Shot To Sh*t!

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Chunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,755,120,342,776.31
Total Points: 53,755,200,586,605.66
Dude this thread is just...LMAO! I'm reading page 5... - sweet pea 50 Pointless me drinking alone - hurricane72 Up your bum bum - Jamboboy For that Ric Flair video. IM DA CHAMP, HA HA WOOOOOOOOO - Sweet Pea 50 For being an all around good dude. - Shin Akuma 
on me buddy - Makavelli I love your Chunk cake! - ЯiZО for all those late night wanks - -veteran420- Professional Ice Cream - Loccy chunk cake fat boy - MANGLER 
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang smear it - Dick Buffman Chunk Cake!!! - -veteran420- merry xmas - Subtraction Apple time! - iBreakbeat 
cocktail hour - MANGLER Awww thanks, I don't mind. I made you a coco for being so kind :) - *Boss Lady* 38k post Chunk cake! - Flab I think I am going to take a long, long holiday from this site. - *Boss Lady* Enjoy that, it will NEVER happen again. - *Boss Lady* 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Chunk Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Chunk Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Mr._Pink Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - IncuFanovic Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MANGLER 

I remember that fight like it was yesterday.

Boxing + War = Hatton vs Thaxton.

Brilliant fight.
Chunk.. is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List