The Jake's new training regimine - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-28-2003, 10:35 PM
The Jake
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 24 The Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 186,299.00
Send a message via ICQ to The Jake Send a message via AIM to The Jake Send a message via Yahoo to The Jake
Default The Jake's new training regimine

Ok - I'm now working again.

I got some money (not much but some) so I'm back at training.

I still can't afford a gym membership and training at HOC so basically my equipment is a decent squat rack with a pulley system up to 200 lbs and dumbells up to 85lbs and freeweights to support up to maybe 450-500lbs (pretty decent for a dojo - don't often find a decent gym in a dojo).

Anyway, after going back to BJJ, I find that the heavy weights, even sporadically (3-4 days/week) + BJJ has triggered tendonitis again.

So I've been looking at my training program and this is what I'm thinking of...

Weights:
Split program over 3 days a week, full body, moderate repetitions (12-20 reps). No heavy/direct presses.

I'd like to do weights more often but until I get a dedicated gym membership and can train in the mornings, this will do.

IDEALLY I want to try and do weights 5 or 6 days a week, and work each bodypart twice/week. I wouldn't be going so heavy that I would hurt myself but just do a lot of sets/reps to really blast the body.

Martial arts:
Want to try and do 1 boxing and kickboxing class/week,
At least 1 BJJ class,
as well as the new NHB class Oleg is starting up at HOC.

My plan is to just condition my body at this point.

I want to burn fat and condition my body for greater endurance. Power I'm happy with for now. I've lost some of my raw power but I can always train for that later. I would rather focus on technique and endurance now anyway.

Any thoughts/advice on this? I'll post the program I'm thinking in a sec.

Thanks,

- J.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-28-2003, 10:51 PM
The Jake
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 The Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 186,299.00
Send a message via ICQ to The Jake Send a message via AIM to The Jake Send a message via Yahoo to The Jake

Here's the program...

Day 1 Chest/Back/Shoulders

Incline Dumbells supersetted with Lateral Pulldowns
Flat Dumbells supersetted with Seated rows
Dumbell Flyes supersetted with Good Mornings
(30 sec rest between each superset, 3 sets per exercise, 12-20 reps)

Arnold Presses
Front Raises
Side Raises
Bent over lateral raises
(3 sets, 12-20 reps, 30 sec rest inbetween sets)

- Goal here is to work these all as one unit. I want to focus heavily on building up my shoulders, hence the fourth exercise. Also doing good mornings to focus strengthening lower back.

Day 2 Arms

Standing dumbell Curls
One arm preacher curls
Rope Pulls (Hammer Curl style grip)
Concentration Curls
(3 sets, 12-20 reps, 30 sec rest in between sets)

Dips
One arm tricep pulldowns
Overhead tricep presses
(3 sets, 12-20 reps, 30 sec rest in between sets)

Farmer walks
Reverse Forearm curls
(3 sets each, sixty seconds on farmer walks, 12-20 reps on curls)

- I have singled out the biceps for targeting here because I feel they need the work, hence the fourth exercise for biceps. I don't want to stress my triceps out with heavy presses. I may even cut out the overhead presses and keep it to dips and tricep pulldowns. The triceps feel severly overworked lately.

Day 3 - Legs/Abs

Squats
Lunges
(Squats, 3 sets of 12-20, with 30 sec rest, Lunges 20-30 reps, 30 sec rest between 3 sets)

Standing Calf Raises
Seated Calf Raises
(3 sets each, 20-30 reps, 30 sec rest)

Ab crunches
Ab leg raises
Oblique twists
(3 sets to failure, guessing around 50-100 reps a set?)

- I can squat anywhere from 400-450 atm. I don't feel a great need to do a lot on legs. I squat about 275-300 for reps, so I will keep doing that atm, and do lunges to round out the leg work. Lunges are great for building and shaping quads, hamstrings and glutes. I do this with my own body weight.

Any feedback welcomed and appreciated.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:16 AM
bob
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 bob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these partsbob is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 29,873.00
Send a message via AIM to bob

sounds preety dam goood
Old 06-29-2003, 07:09 PM
The Golden Bear
Interdimensional Guide

Rep Power: 22 The Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond reputeThe Golden Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 128,370.00
Send a message via AIM to The Golden Bear

Jake you are the man, and you are an inspiration to me.

I know that whith work and time i could be like you.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List