Derry Matthews vs Choi Tseveenpurev - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene
Thread Navigation

Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Chrismart
OK Jim...

Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Rep Power: 32 Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,733,218,542,376,275,456.00
Total Points: 1,733,218,542,376,289,024.00
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Default Derry Matthews vs Choi Tseveenpurev

Looking forward to his:

Mathews aims for new title

DERRY MATHEWS will get the chance to add a second world title to his WBU featherweight crown at the Bolton Arena on April 5.

'The Golden Boy' has been matched with current WBF world champion Choi Tseveenpurev on Grand National day – one of the most keenly avoided nine stone fighters on the planet.

The Mongolian veteran has racked up 18 stoppages in 26 career wins and picked up his fringe world crown six months before Mathews and, similarly, has made two successful defences since.

Mathews, who delayed the start of his sparring until today after the withdrawal of original opponent Steve Foster Jnr last week, said: “Choi is a seriously tough replacement, in fact he’s definitely a tougher fight for me than Foster would have been.

“I took Foster to school when I was just a baby, this time around I would have stopped him for sure. But Choi is a completely different fighter and is very strong. Nobody in or around nine stone will fight him anymore.

“But I am a world champion and in my eyes that means taking on the best opponents available. I don’t want to dodge anybody. When I beat Choi the rest of the featherweight division will sit up and take notice again.

“I believe I will prove myself to be the best featherweight in the world and I am not afraid to fight tough men like him.”

Tseveenpurev may be 36, but he’s lost only four times in 30 contests, the last being in 2004, and he's never even touched the canvas, never mind been stopped.

After campaigning in the early part of his career in Thailand and China, he is now based in the UK, where he has become something of a marked man for starlets near to nine stone.

A big-hitting warrior with a granite chin and a reputation as a real workhorse, he captured the fringe WBF world crown two years ago and has stopped three of four opponents – two of those title defences – since.

Domestically most Brits have given him a wide birth, but Mathews is determined to prove he's the best featherweight in the world and more than a worthy challenger for the WBO crown, for which he is now rated at number two, following champion Steve Luevano’s destruction of former number one contender Terdsak Jandaeng in Las Vegas on Saturday.

Defeating Tseveenpurev would send out the biggest warning yet that the popular Scouser is ready to move onto the big stage.

He added: “I was living, eating and sleeping Steve Foster Jnr and then he pulled out. We then offered the fight to Michael Hunter, who was British,Commonwealth and European champion and fought for the IBF world title. But he wasn’t interested.

“But finally Choi came into the picture and so now I will turn my attention 100% onto him.

“He was supposed to be making a title defence himself on March 30 so he’s already in the gym too. He’ll be at his very best.

“But as I have said, I believe I can be the best in the world at nine stone. That means fighting the best out there.

“I am a world champion and as such that means every fight I have should be tough now. But Choi will not stop me from achieving my goals of becoming the world number one.

“I am already flying in the gym. My weight has come down perfectly and I am looking forward to starting sparring.

“Come April 5 I am going to be in the best shape ever.”

Tickets for the double world title fight, which headlines alongside Amir Khan’s WBO world title eliminator, are available in Liverpool by calling 07960 066068.

Liverpool light-heavyweight knockout artist ‘Bomber’ Tony Bellew also features on the bill.

.................................................. ........

From the Liverpool Echo
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-18-2008, 10:49 AM
beecherhq
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12 beecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond reputebeecherhq has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 92,134,275.79
Total Points: 92,208,159.59

Can't wait, i do believe he is something special. Very exciting to watch and has a lot of heart.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Chrismart
OK Jim...

Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Rep Power: 32 Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,733,218,542,376,275,456.00
Total Points: 1,733,218,542,376,289,024.00
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beecherhq View Post
Can't wait, i do believe he is something special. Very exciting to watch and has a lot of heart.
Yeah mate hes looking good. I enjoy watching him, and also Paul Smith fight.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:03 PM
rooq
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 rooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 429,505.79
Total Points: 512,307.65
Good job with ROOQ'S BOXING PROMOTER game! - LoadedWraps 

dirty derry is going to unify the wbu and wbf titles...

p4p baybeee!

but seriously, he's got no chance against Luevano if he gets through this. too slick for derrys style.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Clegg

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Rep Power: 166 Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,026,337,142,627,441,152.00
Total Points: 4,026,359,902,628,700,672.00
Before I get banned. - Richard Nixon FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr 
Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita &amp;lt;3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy 
super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

Hopefully he'll be ready to step up to IBO level by the end of the year.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:40 PM
duffgun
Banned

Rep Power: 0 duffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,706.89
Total Points: 265,070.25
please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq View Post
dirty derry is going to unify the wbu and wbf titles...

p4p baybeee!

but seriously, he's got no chance against Luevano if he gets through this. too slick for derrys style.
I remember watching him on ITV and he seemed like a twat in there, hope he losses.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Patty Tanager
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Patty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond reputePatty Tanager has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,244,119,025.55
Total Points: 17,244,282,788.37
A brew for you - sweet pea 50 On the house, sweetie - TRAVI$ No Message - Spare Moody Cheers! - mishka80 cheers to Adamek - el guason456 
To: Red - TRAVI$ Throw the book at him Monty! - squealpiggy Congrats on the 5k! - Naps here's the beer to return your hang over. Happy holidays! - led for a friend - xi! 
gift thread - MANGLER 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Spare Moody Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Hopefully he'll be ready to step up to IBO level by the end of the year.
LMAO. I can just see it now, Frank Warren: "He is the undisputed champion, we made a career high offer to Chris John, but his people are running scared.".
Old 03-24-2008, 01:53 PM
The Monk
Secularist fo life!

Rep Power: 24 The Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,686,869,847.63
Total Points: 15,689,067,578.34
I'm going to insert a rather large organ inside you. These grapes are for the hospital afterwards. - OASIS_LAD 2k posts - Fuk Murray - Dan... 

I am not a fan of Matthews at all. His fight with John Simpson was a disgrace and I personally felt he should have been disqualified. I think he is British level at most and if he does step up, don't hold your breath, I think he will lose. I usually support British fighters, but not this one.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:48 PM
dansapien
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 11 dansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond reputedansapien has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 67,786.28

Matthews is CLEARLY awful, I'm surprised anyone would think otherwise.

Incredibly limited, and seems to think he's something special because he holds the WBU belt.

Idiot.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Muttley85
Contender

Rep Power: 10 Muttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond reputeMuttley85 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 676,387.94
Total Points: 687,711.33

Warren is planning to take Matthews the standard WBO route, problem is Steven Luevano is rather good and will destroy him.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List