Begginer In Boxing Need Some Tips. - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Rooney_MUFC
Manchester United 99-09

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12 Rooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.50
Total Points: 115,333.37
Cesc should of cut it back to Villa! - RiZOOM Late 1k post gift. - RiZOOM Cheers to Nadal - Wimbledon Champion 2008 - Chunk I will win, cunt. - Stewie Nicolas Anelka - ЯiZO 
Default Begginer In Boxing Need Some Tips.

Me and a friend are about to take Boxing up, were not wanting to persue an amateur career, we just want to train, mostly to keep fit, and a love for the sport really.

Were just gonna spar each other, punch bags, jog etc..

Anyone got any beginner guides, websites or just words of wisdom?

Thanks!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Stimpy
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9 Stimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to all
Bank: 14,133.96
Total Points: 29,700.49
Send a message via AIM to Stimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarulejt View Post
Me and a friend are about to take Boxing up, were not wanting to persue an amateur career, we just want to train, mostly to keep fit, and a love for the sport really.

Were just gonna spar each other, punch bags, jog etc..

Anyone got any beginner guides, websites or just words of wisdom?

Thanks!
I'm in the same exact position, i'm calling the gym tomorrow to see if theres any openings..(it's not that big of a gym)
Old 03-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Rooney_MUFC
Manchester United 99-09

Rep Power: 12 Rooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond reputeRooney_MUFC has a reputation beyond repute
Cesc should of cut it back to Villa! - RiZOOM Late 1k post gift. - RiZOOM Cheers to Nadal - Wimbledon Champion 2008 - Chunk I will win, cunt. - Stewie Nicolas Anelka - ЯiZO 

My mates gym does a 4 mile jog, 12 rounds on bags and then sparring,

But doubt ill be a very good boxer ill just get sparko'd out lol

Im just wanting to do my own thing kinda, wit my mate, before i take on people.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
kryo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 kryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,364.97
Total Points: 591,059.08

Go to a gym.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Rooney_MUFC
Manchester United 99-09

Was looking for a routine, food wise, and training
Old 03-05-2008, 08:40 PM
sweet*science
Contender

Rep Power: 9 sweet*science will become famous soon enoughsweet*science will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,763.12
Send a message via AIM to sweet*science Send a message via Yahoo to sweet*science

I have been boxing for roughly six months. My advice is just check out some gyms and go with the one you feel most comfortable. The gym will feel you out in my opinion, that is if you have a good trainer or trainer(s). They ll be able to tell how serious you are, what you are looking for and how much to push you. Good luck!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Chewcan
Amateur

Total Points: 17,899.49

Don't look away from a punch when thrown at you...otherwise you could end up with a broken nose!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:49 AM
n4kapa
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 9 n4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,035.56

go to a gym. your going to need a trainer. a good trainer will push you harder than your friend. your not going to learn much from a guy who is also brand new to the sport. my advise is find a gym. its worth it
Old 03-06-2008, 04:55 PM
kenny91
Contender

Rep Power: 9 kenny91 is a jewel in the roughkenny91 is a jewel in the roughkenny91 is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 5,998.94
Total Points: 14,448.07

i take it u watch boxing so just note for next time u watch a fight.

dont watch for pleasure look at technique and try and picks up a few things. Also, look up training vids on youtube that will help with correct stanch, correct way to throw a jab, how to wrap ur hands etc then perhaps look up diets (u want to look for somet with a lot of protein... fish foods and white meat such as chicken, turkey etc) and everytime u spar with ur mate note rooms for improvements and stuff.

i kno ur not boxing on a competitive level but the idea of boxing on any level is disciplinin urself so train as if ur competing.

anyways matey i hope ive helped somehow and i wish u the best of luck and welcome to boxing scene

Share This With Friends

User Tag List