Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Hwann
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,014.74
Default Punching power muscles

I know that a lot of punching power comes from your form and stuff such as throwing weight but what muscles make your punch stronger too? I think it's chest and back but what else (and please correct me if I am wrong about the chest and back muscles)?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Konstantin
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 87 Konstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond reputeKonstantin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,278,090,843,647.14
Total Points: 9,278,090,958,027.23
Be Joyful - Gift Giver Thanks!!! - Chinch Congrats on 5K solid KO's,, - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwann View Post
I know that a lot of punching power comes from your form and stuff such as throwing weight but what muscles make your punch stronger too? I think it's chest and back but what else (and please correct me if I am wrong about the chest and back muscles)?

Ive noticed that most power punchers have nice lats...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Kayo
Walk's On Water

Rep Power: 1218 Kayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,024,423.45
Total Points: 1,124,846.88

Everything comes into play when throwing a punch, its not just your arms, chest back or legs its everything, you use your core alot as well with twisting movements its not just one specific muscle group its your whole body
Old 02-29-2008, 12:51 AM
mamoroso04
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 mamoroso04 is just really nicemamoroso04 is just really nicemamoroso04 is just really nicemamoroso04 is just really nice
Total Points: 18,334.09
Send a message via AIM to mamoroso04

Core strength is an absolute necessity, with powerful abdominals, obliques, and hips. It will also help a great deal to have strong shoulders. I don't personally feel that the chest is very substantial in developing punching power. Many great boxers that I see have a paper thin chest, and can still hit with amazing power.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:04 AM
j
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 j has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74.60
Total Points: 632,925.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwann View Post

you are looking down the wrong path. big developed muscles will always help, but until you have seen guys who are 5'6" and obviously not body building being able to fold large ex football players, you will have no idea what can be done with what you already have. if only you knew how to use and develope what you already have.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Hwann
Amateur

Total Points: 13,014.74

Quote:
you are looking down the wrong path. big developed muscles will always help, but until you have seen guys who are 5'6" and obviously not body building being able to fold large ex football players, you will have no idea what can be done with what you already have. if only you knew how to use and develope what you already have.
Actually I'm not going down path. I don't have much muscles and I don't want big ones. If I punch with pure muscles and no technique I'm not that strong but I practice the form and weight throwing and stuff so my punch hurts a lot more when I use technique. I was just wondering so I can work out those muscles to add to my technique as I get better. Just like a side thing.