Need some help with my bad habit - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-28-2008, 12:18 AM
adidasteve
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 adidasteve is just really niceadidasteve is just really niceadidasteve is just really niceadidasteve is just really niceadidasteve is just really nice
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,567.00
Default Need some help with my bad habit

I already posted this but I forgot to mention something major. Most of you guys who tried to help me out were awesome really awesome but you guys really gave me tips on sparring.

My major problem for now is my upper body is too stiff when I throw my punches period. Whether it be on the bag or shadowboxing even.

Well heres the original post that I copied and pasted, plz guys help me out give me some tips to be a huge life saver....

Hi guys I was hoping someone in the forum could help me with my problem.

I've been told and I also see that one of my major problems while boxing is that my upperbody becomes very stiff. I try to relax but I find it hard or I just dont know how to while I'm boxing. I definetly feel the reprucssions from my bad habit, as I constantly get knots on my back which hurt.

Could anyone recommend me any tips, drills, exercise, ANYTHING lol to help me fix my very bad habit... It would honestly be a life saver!

Thanks In Advance
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-28-2008, 08:33 AM
BrooklynBomber
Bi-furious.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 605 BrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 193,125,803,856.77
Total Points: 194,171,123,337.62
a toast to all the excitement bernard hopkins has gifted the world...... - Left Hook Tua The meaning of life, Brook. Thats what is in this box. Who can beat that gift? Thats what I thought... - K-Nan 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink 

It all comes with practice and I suppose you should do a lot of shadowboxing.

Personally I never liked the speedbag, but in your case you might just add some speedbag time(at the beginning) to get the blood flowing.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List