No announcement yet.

Cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold

I know this has been asked before (just recently), but my situation is a bit different.

I have a cold right now, and have had it for about 4 days already. It is slowly getting better as I am taking medicine for it, but I am wondering whether I should go to the boxing gym tonight.

If I do go, there is no chance that I will just "take it easy", as I am the type of person that either goes all-out, or doesn't go at all. I didn't go to the gym on Monday because I wanted my cold to get better, and it has. Tomorrow is not a gym day for me, so the next day I would go is Friday.

Last time I trained with a cold at the gym, it lasted for over 2 weeks. What do you all suggest?

id just go if i were u

Comment

How come? I want to go, but I also don't want my cold to last for over 2 weeks like last time. That's the main reason I am skeptical.

Comment

well if u wanna be good at boxing and reach the top u gotta to suffer and sacrafice alot.

Comment

right now im in the same situation. i have a sinus infection and a cold. dont push yourself and go to the gym. drink plenty of fluids and get your body back to 100%. i know its hard and depressing taking time off, but you need to worry about health first.

Comment

Originally posted by VBoxer View Post
            right now im in the same situation. i have a sinus infection and a cold. dont push yourself and go to the gym. drink plenty of fluids and get your body back to 100%. i know its hard and depressing taking time off, but you need to worry about health first.
            Yeah. I called my trainer and he told me to stay home and get healthy as quick as I can. It sure is damn depressing taking a day off. Congratulations on your first fight by the way man! Well done!

Comment

thanks brother.

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post
                well if u wanna be good at boxing and reach the top u gotta to suffer and sacrafice alot.
                Bad advice. When you are sick stay home and rest. You will just take longer to heal and your training will suffer more.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Patron View Post
                  Bad advice. When you are sick stay home and rest. You will just take longer to heal and your training will suffer more.
                  Yeah like I said in my post, last time I was sick and continued to go to the gym, it took me over 2 weeks for the cold and sinus to go away. Just like most of the people here, taking that one day off in the week can be so depressing when you're used to training 7 days a week. But I guess it's better to rest one day than to feel like **** for over 14...

Comment

Working...
                  X