Energy Drinks..... Can't stop with them. =/ - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-25-2008, 04:08 AM
pigdestroyer
Interim Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10 pigdestroyer has a spectacular aura aboutpigdestroyer has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1.06
Total Points: 65,255.46
Good guy. Thanks for the bet. - S a m u r a i 
Send a message via MSN to pigdestroyer
Default Energy Drinks..... Can't stop with them. =/

I find my self day by day slowly drinking more and more of these. All non-sugar. Today I drank one 24 oz Rockstar and two 16 oz Full Throttles. If I go a day without drinking one, I get happy at the thought. Sometimes, if I don't drink them for two-three days I get slight pains in some lower part of my body.

-_- Why am I addicted to these so much?

-Also, anyone have anything similar? Or something I can switch this habit to, that's more healthier? Or know of any ways to switch it to something else?
Or know of any facts that about them that would turn me away?

I have an extremely addictive personality... so if it's not energy drinks, this obsession I have will find something else.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Rane-Ex54
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 12 Rane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,506.64
Total Points: 64,251.56

Its the Caffeine in it that is prob getting you addicted. Also that energy boost you get is probably keeping you buying. I used to drink alot of coffee, But I've recently just started eating more fruits in the morning instead. It's more natural, and it gives you a boost. Oranges, Banana's, Apples, Berry's, Etc... Those power drinks, just have alot of crap in it. Gives you a high but then u crash if you don't have another one.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:05 AM
TexasTitan
Contender

Rep Power: 0 TexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these partsTexasTitan is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,160.43

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't.
It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.óJames Gordon
Old 02-25-2008, 11:47 AM
pigdestroyer
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 pigdestroyer has a spectacular aura aboutpigdestroyer has a spectacular aura about

Yar. You're right. I don't WANT to change, but as previously stated... there's a lot of crap in them I know my body doesn't like. I like the caffeine and the buzz I get from them.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
pigdestroyer
Interim Champion

Say a simple estimate... how much fruit are you eating to feel as good as you do when you've sipped down an energy drink?
Old 02-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Basim
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Basim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond reputeBasim has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,096.10

Fruit is your best option. PURE fruit juices and canned fruit are quick and easy. None of that pealing business.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:23 PM
VBoxer
Contender

Rep Power: 9 VBoxer has a spectacular aura aboutVBoxer has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 5,220.44
Total Points: 40,761.26

I was in the same situation brother. Its like anything else: your body relies on that stuff so when you take a break from it you get shaky and abdominal cramps. If you have been drinking energy drinks like crazy, all the time, by now your body is probably immuned to the energy effects. If you like things like tea or gatorade, try going for those. It sounds weird but if you addicted to energy drinks, then you might want to lean off of them to avoid the bad cramps and other side effects.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:24 PM
xEDDIEx
GRIMY

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13 xEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond reputexEDDIEx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,216,957.91
Total Points: 2,227,613.58
liberals are lazy. - Mike Tyson77 

rockstar punched is the shiiiiiiiit
Old 02-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Two Clips
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 Two Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,171,622.24
Total Points: 60,013,673,614.10
For making me laugh at that funny ass video! - ABOSWORTH One of the few real ones.. Keep doing what you do. - K-Nan Here Have This On Me - Rocky... Have a Beer, T - Grand Champ 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ 

I'm like that about No Fear, for my New Years resolution I said that I was going to give up energy drinks and alot of my co workers also gave up various vices. It got so bad for me after a week I ended up cheating and drinking it on the way to work. Its almost the end of Feb. and my co workers think I'm doing such a good job and that I have some serious will power.... If they only knew.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Rane-Ex54
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 12 Rane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond reputeRane-Ex54 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,506.64
Total Points: 64,251.56

thing about energy drinks too is that they usually have alot sugars and calories in it.. a 24 oz of that rockstar has over 300 calroies and around 100 grams of sugar, and 240mg of caffeine. DAMN

Share This With Friends

User Tag List