Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reply
Thread Navigation

#11
Old 03-07-2008, 02:54 PM
ian-jason
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 22
Rep Power: 0 ian-jason is on a distinguished road
Points: 6,900.48
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,900.48
Default Water filled heavy bag - good things and bad things!

Hey evrybody!

Can someone tell me the deal with the Powair waterfilled heavy bags?

I'm thinking if i should order one, because i've heard good things about this type of waterbags...

Do you need the foam lined ones, or the all waterbags?

Do they sway alot?

The feel of the bag is it real?

I really like to know from someone who trains on these bags, and need to know if you will get a descent workout!

Thanks.

ian-jason
Reply With Quote
ian-jason is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#12
Old 03-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Domey
Contender
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 383
Rep Power: 7 Domey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,464.69
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,464.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rane-Ex54 View Post
haha, everyone has there own opinion. I didn't say they look different. I said they feel different, like a hitting waterbed shaped as a bag. When I used it, I felt like I wasn't getting a great workout. I like the strength and resistance of a real heavy bag. I'm not dogging a water bag, I just prefer a regular one.
The water bags are very heavy, and they don't sway at all. Not sure what tiny bag you've been hitting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian-jason View Post
Hey evrybody!

Can someone tell me the deal with the Powair waterfilled heavy bags?

I'm thinking if i should order one, because i've heard good things about this type of waterbags...

Do you need the foam lined ones, or the all waterbags?

Do they sway alot?

The feel of the bag is it real?

I really like to know from someone who trains on these bags, and need to know if you will get a descent workout!

Thanks.

ian-jason
Not sure about what type of bag you need as I didnt buy it for the gym.

They do not sway much, they are pretty heavy and solid. I find it more comfertable hitting a water bag then a regular bag. Seems to be less stress on your hands.
Reply With Quote
Domey is offline
#13
Old 03-07-2008, 05:15 PM
podxvost
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: St Louis
Posts: 106
Rep Power: 7 podxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to all
Points: 4,085.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,085.78
Default

we got a water filled uppercut bag at the gym, i hate that thing, it just doesnt feel right to me.
Reply With Quote
podxvost is offline
#14
Old 03-16-2008, 05:32 PM
PeekaBooPooch
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7 PeekaBooPooch is on a distinguished road
Points: 6,552.95
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,552.95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by podxvost View Post
we got a water filled uppercut bag at the gym, i hate that thing, it just doesnt feel right to me.
Uppercut bags are total crap,...wrecking balls , or Bodysnatchers, are way better!
Reply With Quote
PeekaBooPooch is offline
#15
Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM
rj_ct
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: albany, ny
Posts: 1,658
Rep Power: 10 rj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 86,845.81
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 86,845.81
Default

i used a ringside water-filled heavy bag for the first time at our new gym yesterday. they're awesome. i think it was 150lbs, but i'm not sure. i definitely back these things.
Reply With Quote
rj_ct is offline
#16
Old 03-20-2008, 06:33 PM
PeekaBooPooch
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7 PeekaBooPooch is on a distinguished road
Points: 6,552.95
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,552.95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_ct View Post
i used a ringside water-filled heavy bag for the first time at our new gym yesterday. they're awesome. i think it was 150lbs, but i'm not sure. i definitely back these things.
Can you tell me what type of bag it was from ringside or post a picture so i can see what bag you are using?

It would mean a lot to me.

By the way is it a foamliner?
Reply With Quote
PeekaBooPooch is offline
#17
Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
rj_ct
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: albany, ny
Posts: 1,658
Rep Power: 10 rj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 86,845.81
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 86,845.81
Default

i don't know much about it (front one and far back one)



it doesn't feel like there's any foam in there. i think it's this one: http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25872
Reply With Quote
rj_ct is offline
#18
Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
PeekaBooPooch
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7 PeekaBooPooch is on a distinguished road
Points: 6,552.95
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,552.95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_ct View Post
i don't know much about it (front one and far back one)



it doesn't feel like there's any foam in there. i think it's this one: http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25872
Hey Thanx man for the info, and you have a reall cool gym.

Are all the Ring side bags new?

Another question, if you train on the ringside waterbag, does it sway alot, or just a little?

And if you hit it , does your fist really sink in the bag?
Reply With Quote
PeekaBooPooch is offline
#19
Old 03-21-2008, 12:07 PM
PeekaBooPooch
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7 PeekaBooPooch is on a distinguished road
Points: 6,552.95
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,552.95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeekaBooPooch View Post
Hey Thanx man for the info, and you have a reall cool gym.

Are all the Ring side bags new?

Another question, if you train on the ringside waterbag, does it sway alot, or just a little?

And if you hit it , does your fist really sink in the bag?
And you said it was the all waterbag 150 lbs , 13x 40 " right???

Do you have to let the air out , or just fill it with water?
Reply With Quote
PeekaBooPooch is offline
#20
Old 03-22-2008, 05:47 AM
PeekaBooPooch
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 7 PeekaBooPooch is on a distinguished road
Points: 6,552.95
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,552.95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeekaBooPooch View Post
And you said it was the all waterbag 150 lbs , 13x 40 " right???

Do you have to let the air out , or just fill it with water?
just asking cause the bag looks a little bit different, ..on ringside it is all black, ..so
Reply With Quote
PeekaBooPooch is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.