Bennett's Fracture/Boxer's fracture - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
iLLz
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,152.10
Send a message via MSN to iLLz
Default Bennett's Fracture/Boxer's fracture

Hey everyone, I'm new on the forum, been doing boxing for 3 years, 6 foot tall and 157 lb.
On 10th January in sparring I fractured my thumb at the joint (where it connects to the hand). I got a cast on now, don't know how long it will take to heal but I'm scared that I won't be able to box if it does not grow back properly... Anyone know of this injury? If anyone can tell me how long it takes to heal because most say you need operation on it if you want it to heal properly.

Any advice will be appreciated

iLLz
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-06-2008, 03:28 PM
boxing4ever
Soldier of Fortune

Rep Power: 12 boxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,783.85
Total Points: 108,258.03

i just had the same thing happen to me about 10 days ago and my finger is already healing up! I had the option of a cast or a removable brace so I can still wea gloves just not really punch with my left hand.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:33 PM
iLLz
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4ever View Post
i just had the same thing happen to me about 10 days ago and my finger is already healing up! I had the option of a cast or a removable brace so I can still wea gloves just not really punch with my left hand.
Did your one break at the joint?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
boxing4ever
Soldier of Fortune

Rep Power: 12 boxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond repute

no mine was right here on the red mark
Old 02-06-2008, 03:45 PM
iLLz
Amateur

Quote:
Quote:
no mine was right here on the red mark
Oh, cool, mine is at the joint
Old 02-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Swellbo
Up and Comer

Total Points: 16,193.00
Send a message via AIM to Swellbo
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLz View Post
I just thought get my input on this as well. I'm a skateboarder, i've been skating for about 16 years now, im 22. So i figure my body takes enough of a beating skateboarding everyday. But i love to train, hit the speed bag, heavy bag, and even some light sparring (boxing seriously helps skateboarding and visa versa). But around 4 or 5 years ago i broke my scaphoid in my right hand(the bone that connects the thumb to the wrist). It required surgery because it would have taken a year to heal in a cast. I guess that bone gets the least blood supply out of every bone in your whole body so it takes longer to heal. It took about two years to fully recover mobility but im hitting just fine with the same strength and endurance. My hand doesnt get sore, it feels perfect. So you should be okay.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:54 AM
sam_de_man
Amateur

Total Points: 1,315.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLz View Post
same i fractured it there on saturday in sparin, well anoyed coz i had my first fight lined up.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:53 PM
danny stash
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 danny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 323,330.99
Total Points: 447,116.79

I have permanently ****ed up pinky fingers but just punch through the pain. I think you just need to give ample time to heal and everything gets better.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:11 PM
boxing4ever
Soldier of Fortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny stash View Post
I have permanently ****ed up pinky fingers but just punch through the pain. I think you just need to give ample time to heal and everything gets better.
ya your kinda right because you can give it time and it might become better but it almost will never be the same again after a fracture or break
Old 03-20-2008, 08:54 PM
DMC
Contender

Rep Power: 10 DMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,967,712.84
Total Points: 1,990,553.06

I damaged my thumb at the joint about 6 weeks ago.
I didn't go to the docs because I didn't want to know. I had some guy's at the gym check it out they thing I might have fractured the joint. But I have strapped it up and its still a little sore but overall its healing well.
Just allow time and be careful with it.

DMC

Share This With Friends

User Tag List