Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 PM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
shuvelhook will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,289.58
Default gel?classic?mexian ?

just curious on what type of handwrap is the best for knckle protection, wrist, ect
shuvelhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-28-2008, 07:39 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
boxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 517,077.99

i use a Fist Guard underneath my mexican-style handwraps

http://store.titleboxing.com/fg.html

after i put on a fist guard, i use a mexican-style handwrap to wrap once around the wrist, twice around the thumbs, and the rest around the wrists (but spreaded a little further past the wrist towards the elbow, so it doesnt get all bunched up on the main wrist area)
boxingsmash69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 PM #3
Lifestyle...flashy

FloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these partsFloydFanatic is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 19,925.10

mexican handwraps dont protect the knuckles as much.
FloydFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:25 PM #4
Up and Comer

ruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,708.56

Idk but i've always been told it really doesn't matte what type of handwraps or guards you use. if you punch correctly it's less necessary to worry about your knuckles (not hands, jus knuckles). but i
ve been using title and everlast handwraps since i was 7.
ruffhouse26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:58 PM #5
Up and Comer

skilgannon has much to be proud ofskilgannon has much to be proud ofskilgannon has much to be proud ofskilgannon has much to be proud ofskilgannon has much to be proud ofskilgannon has much to be proud ofskilgannon has much to be proud ofskilgannon has much to be proud ofskilgannon has much to be proud of
Total Points: 20,125.75

my knuckles bother me when I hit alot and hard. I can see how hitting correctly can stop you from hurting your wrist but no matte how good you punch you can still hurt the knuckles cause that's where you contact with.
skilgannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 AM #6
Up and Comer

ruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilgannon View Post
my knuckles bother me when I hit alot and hard. I can see how hitting correctly can stop you from hurting your wrist but no matte how good you punch you can still hurt the knuckles cause that's where you contact with.
not to sound hostel or anything but, if what u said is true then how come roy jones jr. and other boxers can hit the heavybag with speed and power without hurting there knuckles. Believe me i said the same thing to my trainer and he showed me. It can be done. If you really know what ur doing. u feel what i'm sayin?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:31 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

danny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 323,330.99
Total Points: 450,199.79

My opinion is your wrists will strengthen over time and essentially you are going to want your focus on protecting the knuckles. Funny now that i think about it I have not rolled my wrists punching in a LONG time. Just work on wrist strength.

I use regular old wraps and never have an issue. Now hyperextending...thats a whole nother issue...
danny stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:38 AM #8
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny stash View Post
My opinion is your wrists will strengthen over time and essentially you are going to want your focus on protecting the knuckles. Funny now that i think about it I have not rolled my wrists punching in a LONG time. Just work on wrist strength.

I use regular old wraps and never have an issue. Now hyperextending...thats a whole nother issue...
Tru Dat! And jus to add on what i said. I think over time your knuckles will get stronger and maybe build a claice or something.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List