how to get on the boxing olympic team - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 AM
beefymoocow
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 beefymoocow is a jewel in the roughbeefymoocow is a jewel in the roughbeefymoocow is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,520.03
Default how to get on the boxing olympic team

hey guys.

i started to box a few months ago and i love it. i want to know how to get in the 2012 england Olympics, i weigh 52kg and i'm 17. what is the quickest way to get pick for the squad ie which weight category should i fight in and what are the procedures
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Darkstranger
Contender

Rep Power: 10 Darkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstranger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 209,408.15
Total Points: 252,395.38
Send a message via MSN to Darkstranger

You need to make a name for yourself first by winning an ABA title.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 AM
msagrain

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Rep Power: 121 msagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,718,190,701,517.79
Total Points: 49,718,206,265,204.84
Cool Cat - !! AI-Holmes!! The Idiots Guide to PWNing Voulme 2 - How to PWN in 5 easy steps - ??? Two girls one cup! - Jamboboy You asked for it. I paid for it. - BatTheMan Thanks my man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Here's another gift. Hope you're hungry. - ??? here ya go son - TheDemdzasGhost 18, that means your old enough to go to the titty bar man. So you'll need this. Happy birthday bud. - K-Nan Happy birf day, bud. - sweet pea 50 Have your first Whisker chaser on me. Happy 18th B-Day. - Chunk 
Hapy Birthday Punk - jarulejt A beer on your B-day, congrats. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Hard Dick Here you go - ??? We Fresh! - Dorian 
Happy birthday! - J. HITTER a gift for someone special - Golden Boy 360 cornwall pwns england - Left Hook Tua random - Little Mac gift thread - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - msagrain Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - msagrain Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - msagrain AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - msagrain Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - msagrain 
Childhood Cancer - msagrain Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - msagrain Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - msagrain Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - msagrain Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - msagrain 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Hard Dick Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV 

were u from?

anyway you need to get fight in your area and once they think your good enought they hopefully will give you area title shoot.

Then you really need to up you game and try and get into the england squad by beating the people who are ranked in the country.

Then you might start get on the england aquad and by the time it comes to 2012 a group of people vote weather or not to let you in the 2012 games for GB.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 AM
sterling
P4P Champion

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20 sterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,869,316.24
cuz I like you even though you don't like Nate ;) - Massage Queen Enjoy - Scott.Weiland 
Send a message via MSN to sterling Send a message via Yahoo to sterling

Well u need to win alot of ur fights and titles
Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Bigcat
Amateur

Total Points: 600.15

The best way is to stay focussed with your goals set in stone and shoot first like that guy first said , and go for the ABA title at your best weight class , the weight that you are at your optimum fitness and strongest to box at. Don't lose that drive and stick to your goal.. Olympics 2012.. Go for it there is no reason that if you want it enough , that you can't acheive it.

God Bless.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:31 PM
aussieboxer2320
Banned

Rep Power: 0 aussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 73,690.98

ive been boxing for a year and a bit now, and i am aiming for the 2012 or maybe the 2016 games (ill only be 18 with about 4 years of amateur experience in 2012, so i doubt i would make it in)
Old 01-27-2008, 12:55 AM
\/oid161
Up and Comer

Total Points: 7,313.68

i go through these threads, looking at the various titles, and i see someone asking how to become a pro boxer, he gets torn to shreds by other forum-goers, and this kid asking how to box in the olympics, and everyone is giving sound advice on how to go about it. guess its just about who finds the thread lol. but anyway, shoot for the stars, good luck.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:23 AM
BG_Knocc_Out
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 BG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,618,606.45

If you;ve been boxing for a few months, you better make sure your ready, most gyms will say with maybe 2 years of training before you take it to the next level. Make sure you want to persue into being successful at it, but anyways, good luck with your training bro, I been training for a few months also, I'm only 15, but we'll see where I'm headed.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:50 AM
moin126
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 moin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these partsmoin126 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 35,340.96

win alot, get into a qualifiers tournament win it, done. But its different in the usa offcourse. Im from holland so, after 5 amateur fights ill be able to compete in such a tournament, why? its a small country,not many amateur boxers, and they arent even in my weight class.
In the Usa getting to the olympics is already a big fking achievement.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:35 PM
PunchDrunk
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16 PunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 43,472.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by moin126 View Post
win alot, get into a qualifiers tournament win it, done. But its different in the usa offcourse. Im from holland so, after 5 amateur fights ill be able to compete in such a tournament, why? its a small country,not many amateur boxers, and they arent even in my weight class.
In the Usa getting to the olympics is already a big fking achievement.
After 5 am fights, you can get into which kind of tournaments?? The ONLY way to get to the Olympics if you're from Holland is

A. Get to the quartefinals at the world championships that took place last year (so that ship has sailed), or

B. Get picked by the national boxing federation of Holland to represent your country in one of the ONLY two qualifying tournaments, that are held in Greece and Italy sometime in the next two months.

There are a total of 8 slots in each weight division in the Olympics for european boxers. Realizing that you compete with the Russians, Ukrainians, Romanians, Hungarians, Italians, English, French, etc. etc., for those few slots, qualifying for the Olympics when you're from Holland is at least as hard as it is to do as an American. Usually America has a boxer qualified in each division, which the Dutch DEFINITELY won't.

P.S. I take it you're not on the Holland national team that are gonna have two national team contests against my country (Denmark) over the next few months? I guarantee you there are no 5 fight beginners in that squad. I also guarantee you that no 5 fight beginner will get the chance to qualify ahead of any of those guys. In short, what you're saying is so completely wrong, it's downright ridiculous.

Last edited by PunchDrunk; 01-27-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List