Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-20-2008, 09:00 PM
aussieboxer2320
Banned

Rep Power: 0 aussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 58,159.98
Default ever used boxing in a streetfight?

i was just wondering if anyone here who actually boxes has ever used their boxing skills in the street and if so how did it turn out?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 PM
sukhenkoy
Mother Russia

Rep Power: 9 sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,054,594.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

I'm sure most of the experienced boxers here are disciplined enough not to get involved in stupid **** like that.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Cutthroat
Hispanic causing panic

Rep Power: 22 Cutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond reputeCutthroat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630,642,700,111.75
Total Points: 1,630,642,724,012.51
Have a gift boss - rorymac f*ck yourself - Freedom. kick this racist creep - Freedom. Great post about the NFL and boxing - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - RossCA Gay and Lesbian Pride - RossCA Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - RossCA 

We've had boxing tournaments at my friends house and I've always won them against guys who are A LOT bigger than me (50lb differences).

The only time I've fought with my fists is when me and my friend fought for the hell of it in a game called 10 seconds. He threw a wild punch and missed me so I hit him with a jab and a right cross right in the ribs and that was the end of it lol. My knuckles are unusually large though, like huge compared to other peoples knuckles they stick out a lot and are spaced.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:24 PM
BiggyGuns91
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyGuns91 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.01
Total Points: 71,007.72

man i was gonna get in a fight and i was throwing punches in the air likei would in a boxing fight but then i got in the fight and you throw whatever the **** lands!!!!! you dont got time for being tactical you gon throw as long as they land even if you swing wildly
Old 01-20-2008, 11:29 PM
ruffhouse26
Up and Comer

Total Points: 1,496.56
Default Tru dat!

"Sukhenkoy" is right. If your disciplined and man enough, you shouldn't be gettin' in fights. That can lead to worse things than losing. Gettin' hurt, like your hands. And if you happen to get into a fight; say self-defense, "Biggyguns91" too is right. Your boxing skills may help you see and react to punches better. Landing punches and throwing with speed and power may be visible. But in a street fight you don't got time to be tactical and box like you would be able to in the ring. It's a street fight anything goes.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:51 AM
sleazyfellow
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 327 sleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 222,847,364.11
Total Points: 222,868,222.42

fights usually start standing up so if your a boxer and get the first punch in you should win really, unless the other guy is tough. Most fights I been in thats how it usually went, and Im not a toughguy, I'll admit I didnt win them all.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:59 AM
boxing4ever
Soldier of Fortune

Rep Power: 10 boxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,783.85
Total Points: 88,694.03

O MY GODNESS, YES! Ive fought 3 times in the past year and let me tell ya I fought 1 guy that weighed 170 and was 5"10 tall, 1 guy 5"8 around 160-170 and another guy 5"9 and was around 140. each one of em knew how to fight either a little or alot and the last guy i fought was one of my old friends and used to be my sparring partner! wow I know me and this guy used to be training partners aswell and when I fought em about 3 months ago he had left the gym for 3 months and when he was in the gym with me he used to be really fast and he would basically outclass me with his speed and reflexs. When I fought him I already knew his style and that he hasnt been in the gym. His punches were 100000 times slower than before and less crisp. Thats what the drugs and partyin did to him. He landed about 7 punches the whole fight and I mean not clean punches and I landed so many punches on em that his brother(one of my best friends) wouldnt let him go to school for a week. I was told that his italian friends are suppose to be jumping me but its been almost been 3 months since ive fought him, but I know sooner or later those damn boaters are goona come after me.

Last edited by boxing4ever; 01-21-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:00 AM
boxing4ever
Soldier of Fortune

Rep Power: 10 boxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,783.85
Total Points: 88,694.03

also I used to wrestle in 7th and 8th grade and still wrestle and hit up the mma gym every now and then so when the fights got to the ground I knew what I was doing. Needless to say I never lost a fight since ive started boxing about a year ago
Old 01-21-2008, 01:13 AM
Kayo
Walk's On Water

Rep Power: 1218 Kayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,024,423.45
Total Points: 1,127,197.88

No, since i started training seriously I havent, its not worth it i gain nothing from pounding someone in 18 seconds. Then waste 45 minutes whipping off their blood off my hands, clothes and white chucks, when that time could be spent womanising.

Also i never fought much to begin with cause I wrestled through highschool so i was already perceived to be some sort of assasin by the people who got into fights.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:02 AM
mgkirkpatrick
act like you know

Rep Power: 46 mgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,139.16
Total Points: 194,581.37
Cheers to you too!!! - BennyST So Ya don't have to watch Big Brother ;P - woftam Enjoy while watching Ten HD - Salty Got a gift for you. Now you're e-rich - ??? Superman! - BennyST 
Heres one for the road. - Team Mundine cheer up champ - Bronco's were terrific. - woftam Happy New Year - woftam 

ive been in one fight in my life and im glad i threw a nice right cross rather than a wild haymaker.. thanks boxing.. not that im much of a boxer.