Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Detroit101
Contender

Rep Power: 7 Detroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,001.21
Total Points: 36,205.57
Default when is it time to begin sparring???

I have about 15 sessions under my belt with my trainer...we have been doing a lot of work with focus mitts and hitting the heavy bag a lot......I have learned the jab, straight, hook and their defenses....a lot of footwork too.

When do you start to spar though???????????????

I am anxious...
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-05-2008, 08:51 PM
DutchDynamite
Contender

Rep Power: 7 DutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,576.92
Total Points: 22,800.92

Normally a trainee cannot ask the trainer, he will tell you when you are ready but i guess you could ask since you are not some young wild puncher as i remember you writing about discipline and with your wrestling background and of course your age.

You could ask if you could spar one of their experience boxers, amateur or pro since they will take it easy on you and guide you. With them you are sure no wild punches will knock you out.

Having your first sparring session with a wild 16 year old is not a a good thing for both of you since both will try to knock to freak out of each other since every body is watching...
Old 01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
podxvost
Contender

Rep Power: 7 podxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to all
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,172.78

after about a month i really wanted to try and get in the ring, so i just asked my trainer if i can spar. He was ok with it and just told me and the other guy to go light and not try to KO each other...
Old 01-06-2008, 12:37 PM
PunchDrunk
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 PunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,120.36

Your trainer should know the answer to your question. The rest of us have no idea...
Old 01-06-2008, 01:25 PM
2swell k-wells
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts2swell k-wells is infamous around these parts
Bank: 629.64
Total Points: 240,014.09

When is it time to start sparring........same thing I told these guys the other times....when YOU grow hair on ya nuts
Old 01-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Detroit101
Contender

Rep Power: 7 Detroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond reputeDetroit101 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,001.21
Total Points: 36,205.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2swell k-wells View Post
When is it time to start sparring........same thing I told these guys the other times....when YOU grow hair on ya nuts
i'm not worried about getting the **** beat out of me at all.....i wouldnt have started if that was the case.....
Old 01-06-2008, 08:01 PM
jadagod
Contender

Total Points: 23,516.62

i hate sparring i openly admitt it, theres no one on my level there either way to good or way to **** lol
so most of the time im getin my ass kicked(not to bad cos they really try to help me)
Old 01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
LOLORSKATES
Finish The Fight

Rep Power: 5902 LOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 356,857.78
Total Points: 3,433,770.47
Great post, man. I'm still laughing. Good shit. - sweet pea 50 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOLLOCKS Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - DorianWozniacki 

I hate sparring for a lot of reasons but for one reason the sound of sparring gloves hitting off someone's head gear is the most annoying sound ever.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:33 PM
punchDrUnK MONK
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 punchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these parts
Bank: 534.01
Total Points: 281,881.70
how come you so red, did you make fun of calslappy - JulioCesaChavez gift thread - MANGLER 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - ??? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit101 View Post
I have about 15 sessions under my belt with my trainer...we have been doing a lot of work with focus mitts and hitting the heavy bag a lot......I have learned the jab, straight, hook and their defenses....a lot of footwork too.

When do you start to spar though???????????????

I am anxious...

u have to talk to him about it.. make sure he knows u want to become a fighter. and are ready to spar as soon as he gives u the word.. u will have do some minor doctor **** and paperwork... then its good to go to start amatuers.. jus let ur trainer decide when ur ready
Old 01-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Kayo
Walk's On Water

Rep Power: 1218 Kayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,024,423.45
Total Points: 1,128,972.88

I dont know how you can hate sparring, its the funnest part of training besides looking good from working out