Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Deeznuts
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Deeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,067,363,374.87
Total Points: 169,433,680,164.44
Default Had my first exhibition fight

Been training for a couple months and was in and out the gym at when I was younger. Anyway had my first exhibition fight 2 months ago and I won a decision it was a pretty good fight. But now they want me to fight again this month which was no problem. But............... I went to another gym to spar and got my ass handed to me. We sparred three, 3 minute rounds and I just couldnt do much of anything. Had to take a knee in the third but finished the round so, now im thinking to cancel my fight this month
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 PM
NachoMan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 NachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 36,360.16

Why did you get your ass handed to you; because of your conditioning or because of skill? How does your scheduled opponent compare to the guy you sparred with? Unless you feel that scheduled opponent is really going to put the hurt on you, I would say go for it. It's just an exhibition fight, right? You could learn a lot.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Count Patron
Contender

Rep Power: 7 Count Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.94
Total Points: 2,076.19

Don't cancel the fight... fighting is what makes you better.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:39 AM
lilrip133
Up and Comer

Total Points: 3,969.43

I don't have a ton of experience myself, but I definately would say DON'T cancel the fight. It doesn't count against any record, and the worst thing that could happen would be to lose, but still gain experience and help you to learn. Unless you're really physically shook up still, not just mentally, I'd say go for it and use the loss as a learning experience. Go back and pick apart what you could've changed or done differently, and apply them to your next fight.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:10 AM
msagrain

Rep Power: 119 msagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,682,232,211,133.20
Total Points: 1,682,247,562,165.20
Cool Cat - !! AI-Holmes!! The Idiots Guide to PWNing Voulme 2 - How to PWN in 5 easy steps - ??? Two girls one cup! - Jamboboy You asked for it. I paid for it. - BatTheMan Thanks my man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Here's another gift. Hope you're hungry. - ??? here ya go son - TheDemdzasGhost 18, that means your old enough to go to the titty bar man. So you'll need this. Happy birthday bud. - K-Nan Happy birf day, bud. - sweet pea 50 Have your first Whisker chaser on me. Happy 18th B-Day. - Chunk 
Hapy Birthday Punk - jarulejt A beer on your B-day, congrats. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Hard Dick Here you go - ??? We Fresh! - Dorian 
Happy birthday! - J. HITTER a gift for someone special - Golden Boy 360 cornwall pwns england - Left Hook Tua random - Little Mac gift thread - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - msagrain Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - msagrain Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - msagrain AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - msagrain Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - msagrain 
Childhood Cancer - msagrain Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - msagrain Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - msagrain Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - msagrain Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - msagrain 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Hard Dick Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
Been training for a couple months and was in and out the gym at when I was younger. Anyway had my first exhibition fight 2 months ago and I won a decision it was a pretty good fight. But now they want me to fight again this month which was no problem. But............... I went to another gym to spar and got my ass handed to me. We sparred three, 3 minute rounds and I just couldnt do much of anything. Had to take a knee in the third but finished the round so, now im thinking to cancel my fight this month
yep i have had that happen to me, lol it's just so your coach knows how good you are ect... but if you was real hurting your coach should of pulled you out.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Deeznuts
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Deeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,067,363,374.87
Total Points: 169,433,680,164.44

I wasnt really hurting but I am lacking defense. I took a knee in the third, got up and finished the round. I was in shape but taking punches tires me out. When I get hit with a combo I freeze up and lose stamina like crazy. My conditioning shouldn't be a problem I just need to learn how to react when I get hit with more than one punch. And as for the exhibition, more than 250ppl showed up last time and I really want to be in top of my game for it
Old 01-27-2008, 11:06 PM
aussieboxer2320
Banned

Rep Power: 0 aussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 57,374.98

wait how do u win a descision in an exhibiotion fight they're not scored and they dont go on your record?