How to get skinny legs? - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 12-29-2007, 09:52 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond reputeNicky_Hatton has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 147,054.06
Total Points: 216,109.95
just being nice, that's all. - Miyagi 
Default How to get skinny legs?

Genetically (excuse or not?) I have fat legs. Fat calfs and Fat thighs. I'm about 5-9/10 and probably about ten stone. My uppder body aint that flabby and I can tense and look just about alright. I'm just wondering how lighter I would be if I could trim these down.

Start of January I plan on using; Tred Mill, exercise bike and "pilates" which I found on google.

Any advice, would be greatly appreciated, such as techniques, settings for equipment, duration. I want skinnier legs, not quite Shane Mosley though.
Nicky_Hatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 PM #2
P4P Champion

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
sterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,001,878,215.62
cuz I like you even though you don't like Nate ;) - Massage Queen Enjoy - Scott.Weiland 
Send a message via MSN to sterling Send a message via Yahoo to sterling

Your kinda like me i got thick thighs but im 9.5 but i think im proberly about 10 because of xmas lol but im a little smaller im 5ft7 but i also do boxing training also.
I duno if u can get skinny legs if u see james toney he had rearly thick legs it helped him when he took body shots it can help with taking body shots your legs dont go as quick if u got big legs.
I think the best thing to do is run i normally do running up hills best type of run forget that tredmill crap lol.
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:51 PM #3
Up and Comer

xSOUTHPAWx is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Points: 1,817.87
Send a message via AIM to xSOUTHPAWx Send a message via Yahoo to xSOUTHPAWx

trying running no less than 2.5 miles a day in less than 25 minutes.. that will fix ur calves..

included in ur workout.. lift weights.. for legs.. do squats.. just start light at 135 lbs.. ALWAYS do 4 sets of 12 when trying to lose fat. do dumbell lunges as well.. then get on the various machines.. especially the one that works the hamstrings..

calisthenics.. do frog leaps.. frog leaps ARE AMAZING!!.. better than lifting weights for explosive energy.. and in ur free time.. ride a bike...

fat legs are not genetic.. someone isnt born with fat leg syndrome..

however.. the constant digestion of soy fillers in this **** food on the market today causes an uproar in estrogen in your system.. i.e. 12 year old girls with D cup boobs.. estrogen puts fat in womanly areas.. i.e. hips n legs. and chest even..

stay away from soy in your diet.. stick to whey proteins and lean meats like fish and poultry...

sculpting your body is hard.. and takes MASSIVE effort. trust me

i went from 260 in jan 07.. to 189 now.. dec 07.
xSOUTHPAWx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:21 PM #4
Mother Russia

sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,059,671.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

I also have pretty big legs, especially thighs. This past summer I started with a weight of 170, and got down to 155 by the end of August (I was about 5 ft 9). I not only lost some weight in my stomach, but I noticed a pretty significant reduction in my thigh size as well. What I did was work out 6 days a week, with 3 days being strictly weights (but no exercises for the leg, strictly upper-body), and the other 3 days being pull-ups and pushups, with about 700 meters that I swam at the pool. I also went to the sauna everytime I went to the pool for about 15 minute sessions. The one day in the week that I didn't work out I would starve, drinking only distilled water to "cleanse" my body of the **** that I ate that entire week. That helped me lose weight in my legs, but I don't know if it will help you.

Maybe what you could try is going to the sauna and putting on some of that cream that's talked about on these forums (that helps you sweat more in the area that it is applied to), or maybe simply putting on extra towels/padding on your legs during the sauna session to make your legs sweat more.

What I did might in fact be really bad for your health, but it worked for me. Good luck man!

Based on the previous post though, you should probably include some leg workouts.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:33 PM #5
Contender

DMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,967,712.84
Total Points: 1,991,314.06

Are you a Boxer?
Do you intend on Boxing?

I wouldn't worry about having bigger legs, esp if you are boxing.
I boxers power comes from the legs, just work on getting them stronger as well as the rest of your body. The guy you are facing in the ring isn't going to care about your legs.

DMC
DMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:38 AM #6
Contender

batista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond reputebatista has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 27,091.06

Run More

Run More

Rum More
Run More
Run More
Run More

Run More

Run More
Run More

Run More

Run More
Run More
batista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:28 PM #7
No Risk-No Nothing

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
D.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond reputeD.I.E.S.E.L has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,059,696,301,044,123,648.00
Total Points: 9,059,696,301,044,127,744.00
No Message - Sir TomJones I know you like! - komodo have a strawberry - AL YANKAB*TCH here's another bro - chiguy91 No Message - ??? 
Respect - rorymac Have another - rorymac drink up - project xxx1 cocktail hour - MANGLER About time - Rocky... 
*mwah* - led Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Happy holdays bro! - led 
merry xmas big man - project xxx1 Happy new year! - Toney Loc stay in shape - KING MEAT your sig is funny bro, lol! - Mike Tyson77 drink up my brother - Mike Tyson77 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Left Hook Tua AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GOAT86 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER 
Send a message via ICQ to D.I.E.S.E.L Send a message via AIM to D.I.E.S.E.L Send a message via Yahoo to D.I.E.S.E.L Send a message via Skype™ to D.I.E.S.E.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky_Hatton View Post
Genetically (excuse or not?) I have fat legs. Fat calfs and Fat thighs. I'm about 5-9/10 and probably about ten stone. My uppder body aint that flabby and I can tense and look just about alright. I'm just wondering how lighter I would be if I could trim these down.

Start of January I plan on using; Tred Mill, exercise bike and "pilates" which I found on google.

Any advice, would be greatly appreciated, such as techniques, settings for equipment, duration. I want skinnier legs, not quite Shane Mosley though.
wtf? First time I heard someone asking how to get skinny legs...
D.I.E.S.E.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:30 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Evil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,000,054,718.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
wtf? First time I heard someone asking how to get skinny legs...
yeah i got massive legs that are reasonably in shape, and i dont really care for em. I find that the ppl ive spoken to who have big legs dont care about em and all the skinny legged ppl want big legs.
Evil_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:47 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

MikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.60
Total Points: 48,126.90

Man, I'm in really good running shape, my distance runs are about 6 miles usually, I skip a lot of rope, but I still got these big legs...My ankles are normal but going up to my knees it un necessarily big... I've been trying to go down in weight but they probably weigh a lot. If anybody knows, i would be greatful..
MikeBrew328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:02 AM #10
Up and Comer

ruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond reputeruffhouse26 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,705.56

Things that were probably already said. But run early in the mornings, like 5 or 6. Drink lots of water, wear sweats under leggings of a suana suit while running and working out. lift doing leg exercises and a lot of reps like 20 or 30. Legs require more reps in order to get definition. while shadowboxing bounce on your toes more and focus on moving when not throwing punches while working out. And for the calfs, use leg weights after your run.
ruffhouse26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List