Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 12-28-2007, 05:54 AM
lukeybg
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 22,341.04
Default hand injury

i had a session last week and when i was on the pads with the trainers i didnt connect properly with an overhand right and my little finger and all that side of my hand took the force. I spoke to my trainer and he said aches and pains like this are common when you first start out but after 10 days it still really hurts to grip things tight. Anyone else had this injury??? should i get it checked at hospital??? cheers lads
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-28-2007, 06:05 AM
xSOUTHPAWx
Up and Comer

Total Points: 1,608.87
Send a message via AIM to xSOUTHPAWx Send a message via Yahoo to xSOUTHPAWx

my middle finger knuckle hurts alot.. i think its tendonitis..

after i hit the bag hard for 10 minutes.. it goes numb.. so i just hit harder..

then again im dumb... and really dont care.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 AM
lukeybg
Contender

anyone else? weird example but it kills to squeeze my shower gel when in shower
Old 12-28-2007, 11:04 AM
porlie
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 porlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond reputeporlie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,374.37
Total Points: 64,679.72

You mighta strained the ligaments in your hands mate, they'll recover in time.
How you finding the gym,trainers and training etc ??
Old 12-28-2007, 05:15 PM
TheWolf
Contender

Rep Power: 10 TheWolf has much to be proud ofTheWolf has much to be proud ofTheWolf has much to be proud ofTheWolf has much to be proud ofTheWolf has much to be proud ofTheWolf has much to be proud ofTheWolf has much to be proud ofTheWolf has much to be proud ofTheWolf has much to be proud of
Total Points: 15,800.72

When you punch without flexing your knuckle, ligaments that wrap around the knuckle are on top of it, and can be damaged. When you flex, the ligament will move over to the side.

Hitting the bag or someone at the wrong angle can still damage them. It is also frustrating because they dont heal very quickly, due to the fact there isnt much blood flow.

It can also be a hairline fracture, which feels quite painful.

If youre in the us, you may feel hesitant to see a doctor, so massage the hand as much as possible for the next week. and watch for swelling in a certain area. If it is excessively swelling I'll bet you fractured something. If that is the case put a splint on the finger and take it easy with it. Try to move the finger around and stretch it every so often to avoid excessive scar tissue from forming.

If there is little swelling, I will bet it is a ligament and all you can really do is massage it better. If it is torn or seriously injured you will require surgery.

Both injuries, massaging to better blood flow will help you.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:42 PM
mofo2
Contender

Rep Power: 0 mofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these partsmofo2 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 6,787.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeybg View Post
i had a session last week and when i was on the pads with the trainers i didnt connect properly with an overhand right and my little finger and all that side of my hand took the force. I spoke to my trainer and he said aches and pains like this are common when you first start out but after 10 days it still really hurts to grip things tight. Anyone else had this injury??? should i get it checked at hospital??? cheers lads
**** advice from your trainer lol although hand injuries are common.......but to put it down to aches and pains is ****ing woeful.THE WOLF was spot on,massage and rest is as good as anything,but don't be pushing it in the gymn so you don't feel like a ***** because you'll just end up ****ing it up all together....don't take chances with your hands mate.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:38 AM
lukeybg
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by porlie View Post
You mighta strained the ligaments in your hands mate, they'll recover in time.
How you finding the gym,trainers and training etc ??
yeh gym is good bit small but trainers seem good. prob is ive come at a bad time with competitions coming up so many of the younger lads are obviously getting the coaching of the trainers. I ****in love it tho would go everynight if i could reckon i will have to wait for this competition to be over in january before getting personal training.

went to the hospital bout me hand yesterday the doc jst said ive got a deep bruise in my knuckle and isnt anything to worry about. He told me not to rest it and encouraged me to use it more. They thought at first it was ligament damage but it wasnt which i was happy about. Only went to the hospital because ive broke the same hand in the past.