Keith Thurman......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Thurman......

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...6053&cat=boxer

Keeps your eyes and ears open this kid is going to be a Star.......He makes his pro debut tommorrow in Tampa....I'm thinking of going.

Whats his weight? Hows he fight? Orthodox? Tell us something more

Comment

KEITH THURMAN

Weight Class: Welterweight/152 pounds
      Height: 5-9
      Weight: 152 pounds
      Born: November 23, 1988
      Lives: Clearwater, Fla.
      Coach: Ben Getty
      Club: St. Pete Boxing
      Began boxing: 1995
      Draw to boxing: I wanted to be like my dad when I was young
      Greatest strength in the ring: The fire that burns inside
      Other sports played: Football, baseball and soccer
      Loves most about boxing: It is a one-on-one sport
      Goals in and out of the ring: To live a life that I love
      Favorite Movie: Fight Club
      Hobbies outside of boxing: Computers, games and the outdoors
      Pan Am Box-offs: lost on points to Demetrius Andrade, 11-7, in semifinals for 3rd.
      U.S. Championships: dec. Anthony Campbell, Covington, Tenn., 16-7, in quarterfinals; lost on points to Charles Hatley, Dallas, Texas, 20-15, in semifinals.

National PAL Championships: stopped Femi Guri, Astoria, N.Y., RSCH-1; in first round; dec. Marcus Willis, Ft. Myers, Fla., 4-3, in second round; dec. Lanard Lane, Houston, Texas, 16-0, in quarterfinals; dec. John Thompson, S. Orange, N.J., 15-5, in semifinals; dec. Charles Hatley, Dallas, Texas, 16-14
      U.S.Championships: dec. Willie Padilla, 19-4, in first round; dec. Cecil McCalla, 15-1, in second round; dec. Greg Carter, 21-17, in quarterfinals; lost on points to Boyd Melson, 22-22 (46-44), in semifinals for 3rd.

His style is better suited for the Pros....he can punch.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
        KEITH THURMAN

Weight Class: Welterweight/152 pounds
        Height: 5-9
        Weight: 152 pounds
        Born: November 23, 1988
        Lives: Clearwater, Fla.
        Coach: Ben Getty
        Club: St. Pete Boxing
        Began boxing: 1995
        Draw to boxing: I wanted to be like my dad when I was young
        Greatest strength in the ring: The fire that burns inside
        Other sports played: Football, baseball and soccer
        Loves most about boxing: It is a one-on-one sport
        Goals in and out of the ring: To live a life that I love
        Favorite Movie: Fight Club
        Hobbies outside of boxing: Computers, games and the outdoors
        Pan Am Box-offs: lost on points to Demetrius Andrade, 11-7, in semifinals for 3rd.
        U.S. Championships: dec. Anthony Campbell, Covington, Tenn., 16-7, in quarterfinals; lost on points to Charles Hatley, Dallas, Texas, 20-15, in semifinals.

National PAL Championships: stopped Femi Guri, Astoria, N.Y., RSCH-1; in first round; dec. Marcus Willis, Ft. Myers, Fla., 4-3, in second round; dec. Lanard Lane, Houston, Texas, 16-0, in quarterfinals; dec. John Thompson, S. Orange, N.J., 15-5, in semifinals; dec. Charles Hatley, Dallas, Texas, 16-14
        U.S.Championships: dec. Willie Padilla, 19-4, in first round; dec. Cecil McCalla, 15-1, in second round; dec. Greg Carter, 21-17, in quarterfinals; lost on points to Boyd Melson, 22-22 (46-44), in semifinals for 3rd.

His style is better suited for the Pros....he can punch.

Nice, did he decide to go pro at WW or JMW? Because the amateur WW is inbetween. Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by Slotff View Post
          Nice, did he decide to go pro at WW or JMW? Because the amateur WW is inbetween. Just curious...
          That......I don't know.I am assuming probably at 140 or 147.

Comment

I just got a call from my buddy and he already got us a coiuple of tickets so I have to go now.....even if I didn't want to.Should be cool tho, I think Corley is in the main event but not sure.It's a small venue.

Comment

Well he's 6-0 with 6 1st round KOs so far......

Comment

Tonight Thurman goes for his 7th 1st round KO in a row since turning pro.....If not for losing to Demitrius Andrade in the trials he'd be in China right now. I'm kinda glad he's not......

Comment

Thurman destroys Bell!
                  Welterweight prospect Keith Thurman (7-0, 7 KOs) knocked out the previously undefeated Omar Bell (6-1, 4 KOs) in just over a minute of the first round on Friday night at the A La Carte Event Pavilion in Tampa FL. Omar Bell, the brother of former undisputed cruiserweight champion O' Neal Bell, started off looking to keep Thurman away by using his tremendous height and reach, but it was only a matter of time before Thurman was able to land a huge left hook to hurt Bell. This punch was immediately followed up by a sharp right hand that sent Bell crashing to the canvas. Bell was down for five minutes before doctors were able to help him out of the ring. He was taken to the hospital for precautionary measures and was released later in the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Featherweight Carlos Rivera (14-3) stopped Juan Cruz (5-4) of Puerto Rico in the sixth round in the main event. (More)
                  Saturday, August 16 2008

Comment

As of last weekend lets make it 8-0 with 8 1st round KOs.....

Comment

Working...
                    X