No announcement yet.

Why Michael Moore is Right. . . . GREAT Reading here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Michael Moore is Right. . . . GREAT Reading here

Warning... this is another Bush / War topic... but this is probably one of the more explicitly detailed right-winger manifestos to date. Be warned, though... those of you who tend to see this war as "necessary" or "justified" might leave this thread with a thing or two to reconsider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Exclusive commentary by Shane Cory

Mar 26, 2003

Author's Note: The debate on the morality of the invasion of Iraq and support for our troops are two separate issues. Make no mistake, my support for every soldier, sailor, Marine and airman that is deployed to the Iraqi theater is unwavering. Having honorably served as a Marine myself, my loyalty should not be questioned.

Dissent on this matter is not unpatriotic, it is my duty as an American. Keep in mind that without vocal dissent, this country would have never been formed.

Additionally, some feel that the debate on this matter should stop once "the bullets start flying". I disagree and feel that is of great importance to voice opposing opinion until the matter is part of our past. Remember, the winners write the history books. It is my hope that a paragraph on the arguments against this campaign becomes, at least, a Post-It note stuck to the back cover.

On an average day, I would have nothing in common with the radical, liberal activist Michael Moore. Being a pro-life, 2nd Amendment supporting, SUV driving, everyday white male, my ideology is in stark contrast to the beliefs of Mr. Moore. To put in bluntly, Moore normally falls into my "Commie Bastard" column of people I don't know and still don't like. However, these are not normal times.

On Sunday's lowest rated Academy Awards in history, Moore's comments may have come as a shock to those unfamiliar with his work. To others, his comments were as expected as his heartbeat:

Understand that my sarcastic attitude is used to strongly convey my point and is in no manner included to disrespect you, the reader. This debate requires everyone to take a step back and look at the situation from a broad and realistic perspective.

The decision to invade a sovereign nation that has not attacked us is one that should have been weighed heavily. If you take the time to fully understand the situation, you will find that the Bush administration made the wrong decision. As a result, the world and particularly, our nation, stands on much more dangerous ground.

To be blunt, my personal feeling on the invasion of Iraq is that George W. Bush and his colleagues have instigated an environment of violence and as a result my children will have to grow up in a nation where random acts of terrorism are common place. Due to his decision, he has brought a threat of violence into my own household and onto the laps of my children. For that, he will never be forgiven.

I ask that you take a few hours out of your day this week and do a bit of research on your own. Ask yourself the question "Why are we in this?" and try to find a logical reason on your own. If you come to a conclusion of "Because it's the right thing to do" or "Just 'cause", you most likely need to go back and start from square one. Seriously, I urge you to take the time this week and do this. Once you feel you have the answer, feel free to post it in our forum under the thread " Your thoughts on the invasion of Iraq." I will do the same and post my results and reasoning in this column next week.

I appreciate your time and thank you for reading the Washington Dispatch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane Cory serves as the editor of the Washington Dispatch. Feel Free to contact Shane by sending comments to feedback@washingtondispatch.com .

I support every man and woman serving the US in Iraq. But each and every day I begin to question more and more why we are doing this. When we win this war, where do we go from there? Do we try to install a democratic govt. in Iraq? It seems like the genius that is G.W. Bush would have answered this question before send 10's of thousands of American troops to Iraq. The more questions I try to answer, the more questions begin to surface. If Iraq wasn't sitting on a billion gallons of oil, would we be doing this? But on the other hand, we are finding clues to the possibility of chemical warfare. It's just all so confusing I don't know what to think anymore. I just hope the loss of human life, American, British and Iraqi can be kept to a minimum, and the final result will be a more stable and peaceful world. My fear is, that this will not be the case.

Comment

You should read "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore, he go's into great detail on how bush jacked the white house, very interesting stuff...

Comment

The U.S. is going to try and give democratic government to the middle east. After iraq it will be another country. The idea of imposed democratic governemnt seem like a oxy-moron to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gman
          The U.S. is going to try and give democratic government to the middle east. After iraq it will be another country. The idea of imposed democratic governemnt seem like a oxy-moron to me.
          Smartest thing I ever heard you say...seriously

Comment

ALRIGHT....WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH GMAN?!

Comment

No ****, huh. Go back to being a dumb**** with a spare tire for a head. You're more fun to beat on like that.

Comment

War is bad. I support it because I'm a bad person. I know that people are going to die but Iraq is a waste of a country. I happen to hold the traditional western belief that you can blow a country to **** then make it pretty, so **** all of you.

Comment

If the war budget was used in other areas the whole world could be a nice place. But as many brainwashed people who doesnt even have lets say a billion dollars or more support the belicist ambitions of the small group composed by usurers **** YOU a thousand times. The world should be a paradise for all the human beings not just for 0.05% of the world.

Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.

Friedrich Nietzche,

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Bulldogge
                    ALRIGHT....WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH GMAN?!
                    could it be that g-man just plays the bumbling fool for our entertainment?

With that last post, it seems that way

Comment

Working...
                    X